Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Hednesford doing a Nuneaton. 

Club nearly shut up over the summer with debts etc. But the owner took it on and ran it on a sustainable budget. Pretty miserable season where they brought in Walsall WOod's manager half way through. Been a hard season but there's a club running. 

Anyway, club gets bought by a millionaire. Friday night, they sign numerous players including ex PL players and Bromsgrove's recently sacked manager. Lose at the weekend. Manager gets sacked Sunday morning. Bromsgrove's recently sacked manager gets the interim gig. 

Chasing after glory unsustainably again - about third time as a club they have done it. 

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Barnet look set to move back to their Borough with a new 8/6000 ground getting approval.I wonder what will become of the Hive?It’s a decent venue with loads of training pitches.Could Wealdstone move in there?

Wealdstone have earmarked other land for a new stadium. One hell of a full circle though given they started to building the Hive a very long time ago. 

Apparently the Hive makes a decent sum of money by hosting visiting pro clubs and international teams. 

10 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Barnet look set to move back to their Borough with a new 8/6000 ground getting approval.I wonder what will become of the Hive?It’s a decent venue with loads of training pitches.Could Wealdstone move in there?

Wondered what was going on there. Went past The Hive on the tube from Stanmore yesterday and the place was buzzing pardon the pun.

A lot more press on the pitch than I imagined being interested in Barnet.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Wealdstone have earmarked other land for a new stadium. One hell of a full circle though given they started to building the Hive a very long time ago. 

Apparently the Hive makes a decent sum of money by hosting visiting pro clubs and international teams. 

You mean to say they've got no ground? No fans either by the looks of it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Hednesford doing a Nuneaton. 

Club nearly shut up over the summer with debts etc. But the owner took it on and ran it on a sustainable budget. Pretty miserable season where they brought in Walsall WOod's manager half way through. Been a hard season but there's a club running. 

Anyway, club gets bought by a millionaire. Friday night, they sign numerous players including ex PL players and Bromsgrove's recently sacked manager. Lose at the weekend. Manager gets sacked Sunday morning. Bromsgrove's recently sacked manager gets the interim gig. 

Chasing after glory unsustainably again - about third time as a club they have done it. 

One is on a year's contract and they could be at step 5 next season

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Does anyone know if another Leicestershire club has previosuly made the last 8 of the Trophy?

I know there's never been a Leicestershire side in the final and Coalville are the only Leicestershire side to make the final of the Vase.

By my reckoning Coalville the first. 

Hinckley United's furthest progression was the last 32. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Danny Simpson still at Macclesfield?

I'd imagine he'll get a good reception from the majority of the away end.

He only played in a county Cup game, he was only there essentially as a trialist