Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

37 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Was only listening on commentary but the majority of Leamington attacks seemed to be long throws and corners. Proper Pulis ball haha

Really liking the work Kingy is doing so far and excited to see what he can do over the summer with regards to bringing players in and stamping his style. Got a reputation for developing young talent so I'd expect us to be picking up young players with a view to developing them.  Between him and Borrows they should have some good connections.

Struggling for goals, but equally we actually look like we have a plan on the pitch and i'm not watching us spend 80 minutes launching long balls to the oppositions corner flags.

Sounds like there's been a considerably raising in standards at training as well. Players need to turn up to training and it's not just turning up and having a kick about for an hour.

On top of this, he speaks very well in the interviews and you can tell that there's a genuine desire to target and work on weaknesses. The effort that goes into looking at the opposition and looking to negate their strengths can't be undervalued as well.

More than happy to accept us struggling with goals with all these other positives that are there to see.

Yea fair enough. 

This season is a training exercise now. 

49 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Was only listening on commentary but the majority of Leamington attacks seemed to be long throws and corners. Proper Pulis ball haha

Really liking the work Kingy is doing so far and excited to see what he can do over the summer with regards to bringing players in and stamping his style. Got a reputation for developing young talent so I'd expect us to be picking up young players with a view to developing them.  Between him and Borrows they should have some good connections.

Struggling for goals, but equally we actually look like we have a plan on the pitch and i'm not watching us spend 80 minutes launching long balls to the oppositions corner flags.

Sounds like there's been a considerably raising in standards at training as well. Players need to turn up to training and it's not just turning up and having a kick about for an hour.

On top of this, he speaks very well in the interviews and you can tell that there's a genuine desire to target and work on weaknesses. The effort that goes into looking at the opposition and looking to negate their strengths can't be undervalued as well.

More than happy to accept us struggling with goals with all these other positives that are there to see.

Leamington are like Wimbledon from the 80’s.

I agree regarding King we seem far more professional already and he speaks really well. Massive upgrade on Stevo IMO.

Can only really judge him next season when he has had the chance to rebuild. But some of the early signs are promising, some of our build up play under him has been excellent. Hopefully his appointment will mean a change in recruitment policy and we stop signing players who are passed it and have no incentive to get promoted 

I think we will see quite a few moving on at the end of the season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Hopefully his appointment will mean a change in recruitment policy and we stop signing players who are passed it and have no incentive to get promoted 

I think we will see quite a few moving on at the end of the season.

Absolutely key

The squad is far too old 

7 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Having watched Leamington a few times this season they couldn’t be any further away from the modern way of playing 😂

The manager i understand is considered by many to have over stayed his welcome from what im told.

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Chesterfield might finally do it tonight. Fans sounded in good spirits as expected.

Basically us this season but without three other teams being good too.

Edited by Lionator

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Chesterfield might have to wait for their promotion party for a few days .

Boreham Wood at home Saturday, I mean you'd ideally want to do it at a packed home stadium

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Chesterfield might have to wait for their promotion party for a few days .

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Boreham Wood at home Saturday, I mean you'd ideally want to do it at a packed home stadium

All part of their plan! 

Went to a bloody freezing Meres to watch Grantham play out a 0-0 draw with Sheffield, off the bottom and more than enough chances to win it. Not good enough and will surely finish bottom two now, really need to finish above Winterton to maybe get a reprieve, will be a few certainly with Nuneaton, Marske resigning and now New Salamis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Got it now.

Well deserved. 

Finally! Done a great job Cook, always going to at that level. I did hear some “Champions” shouts in town!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Another lifeless display from Coalville devoid of actual shots on target for the most part.

We look like a side where half the players already know they won't be here next season.

Just listened to king’s post match interview. Definitely going to be getting rid of a load of them at the end of the season.

Great day at the jersey bulls, with the demise of the rugby, the football club have stepped up the corporate brilliantly. Good 3 courses and entertainment, and we can attract senior guests.

Jersey went 2 up against unbeaten Farnham, they scraped 2 goals in the last 20 mins to draw and extend their unbeaten run, and win the league. 100 of their fans traveled. 
Just saw the ref and the lino’s whilst neck deep in a kebab walking home, called them ****’s and ran away. Perfect day 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Just listened to king’s post match interview. Definitely going to be getting rid of a load of them at the end of the season.

And some of the players we want to keep might end up elsewhere. It's gonna be a busy and intriguing summer.

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

And some of the players we want to keep might end up elsewhere. It's gonna be a busy and intriguing summer.

Yes I agree, that’s a concern.

He needs to get the players he wants to keep on side with him. Don’t want to be loosing the likes of Berridge, Mcglinchey, Putman, Pennant etc.

Hinckley get a massive win at Droitwich which means they’re at least six points clear after games in hand. Seven to go with a favourable run-in compared with the following pack who play each other regularly. Cool heads and it might be their year!

The fact Kettering are 5 points behind Coalville is pretty hideous from a coalville perspective. 

Anyone who wet the bed when Stevo was sacked really needs to have a look at the league table. 

• Like 1