Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Harborough Town v Corby next Saturday.
Due to trouble in the corresponding fixture last season, apparently 8 policemen will be present, extra security, separate turnstiles for supporters & segregation in the ground. 

41 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Due to trouble in the corresponding fixture last season, apparently 8 policemen will be present, extra security, separate turnstiles for supporters & segregation in the ground. 

Was thinking of heading over for the visit of the Gremlins 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

8 policemen very sexist of the club lol

14 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Farnham Towns amazing run of winning their first 25 games came to an end last night when they drew with 2nd place Knaphill  0-0.

They are in jersey bulls league. It’s a shame it came against knaphill as they are a real **** of a team. Farnham are at the bulls next weekend and I’m going. 
This level is pretty pointless for teams. We’re coming up to the end of the season and teams with money will splash the cash on a few short term loan players to get them into the playoffs and up. 

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They are in jersey bulls league. It’s a shame it came against knaphill as they are a real **** of a team. Farnham are at the bulls next weekend and I’m going. 
This level is pretty pointless for teams. We’re coming up to the end of the season and teams with money will splash the cash on a few short term loan players to get them into the playoffs and up. 

I always keep an eye out for Jersey's results, they've done well finishing 3rd and 4th and are currently 3rd and looking good for the play offs...however I always think they'll fall at the final hurdle...hope not.

And theres always the worry they'll follow the rugby team, it must be expensive all that travelling.

38 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I always keep an eye out for Jersey's results, they've done well finishing 3rd and 4th and are currently 3rd and looking good for the play offs...however I always think they'll fall at the final hurdle...hope not.

And theres always the worry they'll follow the rugby team, it must be expensive all that travelling.

Quality!! If you ever in jersey and want to go, I have an QR code ST which you can gladly use. 
They’ll get playoffs this year but nothing after that, as bigger teams will draft in short term players to go up. It’s expensive as the bulls have to fund their own travel, plus that of all the teams coming to jersey. So every game is thousands of pounds. But they have good corporate backing plus a few private individuals who love football funding it. Rugby club was a debacle, shocking management 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

weather permitting looking at going to Stafford Rangers v Radcliffe. Should be an interesting, a team at the top playing against a team fighting for league survival.

The blue seats in the Stan Robinson main stand are from our old carling stand

Edited by Tuna

6 hours ago, Daggers said:

Third win on the bounce, reckon the Poppies have amazingly secured a spot in the division for next season - something that seemed almost impossible in January.

Tits. Didn't realise it was the bottom four.

Comical scenes at Jersey on Saturday. Easy-jet tried to charge the Horley team £15 pp extra as their baggage did not meet size requirements, they refused and went home. 4 players already on the plane had to get off lol. Match cancelled and a load of gate receipts, plus a few grand in travel costs, down the drain for Jersey. Not sure how this will conclude, Jersey won't pay the travel costs again for Horley to come and play the match, surely just 3 points to Jersey and write off a home match worth of takings.

4 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Comical scenes at Jersey on Saturday. Easy-jet tried to charge the Horley team £15 pp extra as their baggage did not meet size requirements, they refused and went home. 4 players already on the plane had to get off lol. Match cancelled and a load of gate receipts, plus a few grand in travel costs, down the drain for Jersey. Not sure how this will conclude, Jersey won't pay the travel costs again for Horley to come and play the match, surely just 3 points to Jersey and write off a home match worth of takings.

I read Jersey get the points. Hilariously Horley is virtually Gatwick Airport 

36 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I read Jersey get the points. Hilariously Horley is virtually Gatwick Airport 

Where did you read that? I hope that’s the case. Yes horley are chancers, they called off the away match due to a ‘waterlogged pitch’ - in reality one of the players had a stag do so they canned it 

Anyone know whats behind the change of fortunes at dudley town?

I noticed after 14 games they were W1 D2 L11 and were 2nd bottom with -20 GD.  And now after 29 games they are W14 D4 L11 and are 5th with a +8 GD.

Quite a remarkable turnaround.

3 hours ago, leicesterisme said:

Having watched Leamington a few times this season they couldn’t be any further away from the modern way of playing 😂

Was only listening on commentary but the majority of Leamington attacks seemed to be long throws and corners. Proper Pulis ball haha

Really liking the work Kingy is doing so far and excited to see what he can do over the summer with regards to bringing players in and stamping his style. Got a reputation for developing young talent so I'd expect us to be picking up young players with a view to developing them.  Between him and Borrows they should have some good connections.

Struggling for goals, but equally we actually look like we have a plan on the pitch and i'm not watching us spend 80 minutes launching long balls to the oppositions corner flags.

Sounds like there's been a considerably raising in standards at training as well. Players need to turn up to training and it's not just turning up and having a kick about for an hour.

On top of this, he speaks very well in the interviews and you can tell that there's a genuine desire to target and work on weaknesses. The effort that goes into looking at the opposition and looking to negate their strengths can't be undervalued as well.

More than happy to accept us struggling with goals with all these other positives that are there to see.

• Like 3