Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Non-League Football 2023/34

Moving down here in my formative years I probably saw as much of Torquay as I did Leicester for a good while. Such a sad thing to see, the owners have truly run the club into the ground.

I’ll be making sure I get down to Plainmoor on Saturday, hoping for a big attendance relative to normal.

Off to watch Grantham play North Ferriby later, staring straight down the barrel of relegation to step 5, embarrassing and unthinkable from the glory days of Stevo and the playoff final; only reprieves likely to save them unless they get their act together soon. 1 win since September says it all.

8 hours ago, Seventyseven said:

Harborough Town v Hinckley LR at the Beehive later. 1st v 4th. 

Adults for a fiver, get yourself down if nearby. 

Harborough pinched a player from Anstey. For a manager what rates himself, he don’t half have to sign players to make it work 

Had stuff today, so ended up walking the ten minutes to Saffron Dynamo. UCL League Cup Quarter-Final against the table toppers of the South Prem, Wellingborough. 

Took the lead and then tried to see through until the end. Wellingborough got a late deflected equaliser. Ended up winning 5-4 on penalties. Lovely afternoon in the sun. The club house there is great 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Harborough pinched a player from Anstey. For a manager what rates himself, he don’t half have to sign players to make it work 

Might've spent cash but still done a great job. His record is ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Helps a lot when you sign the best players from your closest rivals.

I don't disagree, it does help but he's still done a good job. Spalding have spent plenty of cash and are four points behind having played a game more. 100 wins in 139 games with 70 clean sheets isn't easy.

7 hours ago, Frost said:

I don't disagree, it does help but he's still done a good job. Spalding have spent plenty of cash and are four points behind having played a game more. 100 wins in 139 games with 70 clean sheets isn't easy.

Exactly, it’s the nature of football even at this level and still have to do well to get it out the players. 

They have the budget and have forwards Malone and Tongue out for a while so why wouldn’t they strengthen when promotion is a real possibility. 

Luis Rose looked good on debut and scored, he did used to play for Harborough so knows the club. Also great to see Luca Miller back from Kettering. 

Club Announcement - Bedworth United (bedworthunitedfc.co.uk)

Bedworth United AFC Ltd is pleased to announce the signing of a 3G Pitch and Stadium Hire Agreement with the newly formed Nuneaton FC.

The intention is that both First Teams will play alternative Saturday afternoons commencing Season 2024/2025 and 2025/2026 with the option for a third season 2026/2027. In the event of any fixture conflict Bedworth United AFC, as the host Club, will take priority.

Nothing in the Agreement will impinge on the status of the current Bedworth United‘s own Stake Holders, Junior Section etc.

The financial benefits of the Hire Agreement along with the Club House revenue including the Snack Bar will be solely for Bedworth United AFC Ltd.  All other Match Day revenue, Gate takings etc will be solely for Nuneaton FC.

Bedworth United recognises that this has been a challenging time for Nuneaton Supporters. Hopefully this agreement will be the start of some positivity for their future. Whilst we are rivals on the pitch none of us would wish to see a proud club and its supporters go out of existence.

The people behind the new Nuneaton FC set up are good people with the best interest of the Club and supporters being paramount in any future developments. We at Bedworth wish them success for the future.

For and behalf of

The Executive Board of Directors

Bedworth United AFC Ltd

Edited by Tuna

14 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Still not quite worked out how this Nuneaton FC club is going to look. 

Probably the best choice of ground though 

I think a wee bit more transparency would help. Nothing you can do on ground negotiations until it’s done (as the other lot found out) but a few working group meetings wouldn’t hurt, perhaps a meeting about kit colours and badge could be held before an online vote is done (assuming it’ll be voted on). 

Bedworth is best they can do for now probably, covers them up to step 3 I assume, and I think they’ll get assistance off the council for the ground. Step 5 and 6 with their gates and sponsorship they’ll do fine without income from food and drink. Seems a sensible decision all-round but if they’re approaching step 4 they’ll probably begin to need that beer money, although I imagine they won’t want to be far off a place of their own by then.

yuk

Salford City: Class of 92-owned League Two club looking for further investment - BBC Sport

Class of 92-owned League Two side Salford City is looking to attract outside investment to help fund its ambition to become a Championship club.

Less than a week after Manchester United's search for "strategic alternatives" ended with Sir Jim Ratcliffe taking a 27.7% stake, nearby club Salford - part-owned by legendary United players David Beckham, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt and Gary and Phil Neville - says it has already received "some interest" in taking an equity investment.

In a decade since the Class of 92 stars got involved, along with businessman Peter Lim, Salford have risen from the Northern Premier League First Division to the English Football League, with average attendances rising from just 140 to about 2,500.

The Moor Lane ground has been completely redeveloped, although plans to move into the 12,000-capacity AJ Bell Stadium collapsed in December 2022 when Salford City Council pulled out of the deal.

Singaporean Lim - owner of Spanish side Valencia - owns 40% of the club, with the remaining 60% being held by the former Manchester United players.

Salford are 19th in League Two and lost 5-1 to league leaders Mansfield on Saturday, a further setback in a difficult season that at one point had them battling to avoid dropping into the relegation places.

Karl Robinson was appointed new head coach on 5 January following the dismissal of Neil Wood the previous month.

Salford's ownership say they remain "fully committed to the club but are open to the possibility of the right new partner investing alongside the group", for what are described as ambitious growth targets.

It is understood the initial plan to eventually reach the Championship remains in place.

Butt, who is now Salford's chief executive, said: "We are backing Salford City with as much commitment and confidence as ever.

"We have achieved very special things here but there are major opportunities in front of us and we want to make sure we have the right mix of investment and strategic partners to take advantage of those opportunities.

"We had an original 10-year plan and with strong foundations now in place, it was always the intention to explore options for the next phase. That includes potentially bringing in new partners to help us grow the club and best serve the fans and community."