Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

On 07/05/2024 at 18:56, South Shire Fox said:

Hes been been part of the first team squad this year, he was on the bench at Watford. Its clear Enzo rates him and sees him as part of the future. Rodgers did the same with KDH when he had him with the team after the FA cup win. Players that have featured like Raikhy probably dont have a future here and were used to fill in

Was Raikhy ever part of a league squad? My understanding is that those who were named in a league squad would be involved- making an appearance or not.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Was Raikhy ever part of a league squad? My understanding is that those who were named in a league squad would be involved- making an appearance or not.

Came on as a sub in one game i think, around the time he started against Bournemouth

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Few sub appearances at the end of January which I thought at the time (similar to two goalkeeper subs early in the season) was Maresca trying to get Sensi over the line. He never looked good for the U21s

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ryy said:

I’m not sure taking a swipe at the club is the best idea? Seems bitter and unprofessional. But what can you expect from a kid who posted how much he loves Ipswich week in week out all season. Re posted all their promotion stuff and didn’t even acknowledge the club he was signed to winning the league? 

The Foxes Cup is announced!! 🦊🏆
#LCFC will host this new tournament for U15 teams, where several of the best academies in Europe will compete.
Great initiative to give great experiences to the kids

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 18:57, coolhandfox said:

Unless we are confident of giving Alves and Braybrooke decent game time next season I'd go down the route we did with KDH a good loan at League 1 level and then Championship

If we are happy to give Fatawu game time then why not Alves? Both about the same age and both highly skilled with something to offer. Ryan Giggs was thrown in at 17. You can do well with kids! How much would it cost to buy a winger with Alves’s attributes? How much time to integrate them. Give the academy lads a chance if they’re good enough. Especially when we have money issues. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, An Away Move said:

If we are happy to give Fatawu game time then why not Alves? Both about the same age and both highly skilled with something to offer. Ryan Giggs was thrown in at 17. You can do well with kids! How much would it cost to buy a winger with Alves’s attributes? How much time to integrate them. Give the academy lads a chance if they’re good enough. Especially when we have money issues. 

Alves is a year younger and has also just lost nearly 2 seasons of his development overcoming an injury and has only juat got back upto speed with.

Thats almost 3 years difference in developmentand  at that age it's  huge. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Alves is a year younger and has also just lost nearly 2 seasons of his development overcoming an injury and has only juat got back upto speed with.

Thats almost 3 years difference in developmentand  at that age it's  huge. 

What's been promising with Alves this season despite the set backs, is almost every U21 appearance has seen him score or assist in. He wasn't as dominant in that regard prior to his ACL despite the obvious potential.

I think he'll get a loan move to a promotion chasing League One side and rip it up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Interesting post as he seems to have a dig at some individuals about he was treated. 

They literally gave him an extra year for recovery and he’s still bitter. Came from a farmers league to a top club and no league appearances at 22. Give it up fella 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Smooch85 said:

They literally gave him an extra year for recovery and he’s still bitter. Came from a farmers league to a top club and no league appearances at 22. Give it up fella 

As a friend of Shane’s who can actually speak on what happened, he’s seen this comment and told me the truth🤣 his contract was due to end this summer with an option year for the  24/25 season. They didn’t give him an extra year for recovery he’s just been out injured since January of 2023 and is only making his way back in the last couple of months.

you seem to have some weird agenda against a chap you don’t even know to make up lies for no reason🤣

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rashers said:

As a friend of Shane’s who can actually speak on what happened, he’s seen this comment and told me the truth🤣 his contract was due to end this summer with an option year for the  24/25 season. They didn’t give him an extra year for recovery he’s just been out injured since January of 2023 and is only making his way back in the last couple of months.

you seem to have some weird agenda against a chap you don’t even know to make up lies for no reason🤣

Whilst it very sad for Shane as an individual, you can't really blame the club for not taking up the option.

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Whilst it very sad for Shane as an individual, you can't really blame the club for not taking up the option.

Oh 100% at 22 and been injured for so long he can’t have any complaints about being released. The issue isn’t with him being released the issue is the original comment I replied to just being blatant lies based on a weird agenda against a guy who he doesn’t even know

• Like 2

On 08/05/2024 at 20:23, Chelmofox said:

Only because there is no tournament this year. If there was Alves would be golden boot and Sammy would be heart throb of the tournament. 

ok, you are probably right. Whatever happens it has to be the best loan for them. I do feel with the high ceiling these 2 should have though we should be quite demanding. 

🙄🙄🙄🙄

Just now, Rashers said:

Oh 100% at 22 and been injured for so long he can’t have any complaints about being released. The issue isn’t with him being released the issue is the original comment I replied to just being blatant lies based on a weird agenda against a guy who he doesn’t even know

Let's hope he can get himself a club and go again, football can be a cruel game.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rashers said:

Shane’s burner? Drop me out. If you post on your socials every week about how much you love Ipswich what do you expect? He’s (supposedly) a professional footballer contracted to a club, Posting a love fest about our closest rivals in a promotion race isn’t something that’s going to win people over is it? 

i also read online that his (your) contract was extended last season? Hence my comment. 

good luck in the league of Ireland pal 

1 minute ago, Smooch85 said:

Shane’s burner? Drop me out. If you post on your socials every week about how much you love Ipswich what do you expect? He’s (supposedly) a professional footballer contracted to a club, Posting a love fest about our closest rivals in a promotion race isn’t something that’s going to win people over is it? 

i also read online that his (your) contract was extended last season? Hence my comment. 

good luck in the league of Ireland pal 

Burner🤣🤣 

I agree with you it wasn’t professional of him to be posting that stuff and have said it to him previously to lay off on it.

you seem to have a serious personal issue with him taking constant digs at the chap and making up lies👍

2 minutes ago, Rashers said:

Burner🤣🤣 

I agree with you it wasn’t professional of him to be posting that stuff and have said it to him previously to lay off on it.

you seem to have a serious personal issue with him taking constant digs at the chap and making up lies👍

I take an issue with anyone that’s contracted to the club I support that doesn’t respect the badge. Doesn’t matter what player it is. Especially a player that’s was plucked from absolute obscurity, given the chance of a lifetime and didn’t take it? Where’s the lie? 

did Marc Albrighton feel the need to post up the villa etc the other night? No because he’s a top professional. There’s the difference. 

21 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The Foxes Cup is announced!! 🦊🏆
#LCFC will host this new tournament for U15 teams, where several of the best academies in Europe will compete.
Great initiative to give great experiences to the kids

Play Sheffield Utd in semi final

Villa v West Ham in other semi

• Like 2