Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Don’t want to dampen the mood on here but having a good youth team that actually wins stuff doesn’t mean a lot.

Maximum 2 of these players (being generous) will even play for the club at a senior level. Academies build their team around one or two players that coaches believe can make it to play senior football. As supposed to building a good ‘team’.

But champions again ole ole!!

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Brilliant! 

@Ric Flairyou posting that our youth team setup was poor, looks like it’s on the right track now. Hopefully a positive sign of things to come at Seagrave. 

Let's hope so, this age group has been ear marked for some serious talents.

As been mentioned, Jake Evans has already done well at U18s, Jeremy Monga recently promoted to the U18s and Lorenz Hutchinson expected to go far. There may well be others.

Steve Beaglehole working quietly in the background at this level I see!

• Like 1

Well done to the u16’s - brilliant news.
This will be real legacy of Seagrave. It’s so important a club our size invest in youth development at all age group. All the best clubs do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

As been mentioned, Jake Evans has already done well at U18s, Jeremy Monga recently promoted to the U18s and Lorenz Hutchinson expected to go far. There may well be others.

Couple of others been mentioned to me are Louis Page (think he's had a few appearances with the 18s) and Bartosz Kosiorek. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Don’t want to dampen the mood on here but having a good youth team that actually wins stuff doesn’t mean a lot.

Maximum 2 of these players (being generous) will even play for the club at a senior level. Academies build their team around one or two players that coaches believe can make it to play senior football. As supposed to building a good ‘team’.

Another Academy expert that has never seen the team play that’s all we need

Over half a dozen of those playing tonight are u15’s so to say that only a maximum of 2 of them are going to make a pro is some statement 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Thought that Will Lawrence looked really promising too from what I saw tonight.

Some very good Man City players too, including a young lad called Heskey…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

If every age group produces one player to go on and become a first team regular, that would be very good. That’s Chilwell/KDH sale every year. 

I get what you’re saying though, a “class of 92” scenario is rare and highly unlikely. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Over half a dozen of those playing tonight are u15’s so to say that only a maximum of 2 of them are going to make a pro is some statement 

That’s even better if they stepping up a year, physical development by 12 month particularly around that age can be quite different so great news so many telling up and competing well. 

15 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

But as Man City has shown, if you can facilitate loans and transfers to top tier championship title challengers as well as bringing in the next Barnes / KDH, then it goes a long way to being the main revenue driver for the club. Even a few just going for 5 mill is great profit. 

• Like 1

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3998925?lang=en

A Jake Evans rocket deep into extra-time saw Leicester City's Under-16s beat Manchester City 2-1 to win the U16 Premier League Cup.

A penalty from Evans opened the scoring at King Power Stadium before Christian Dunbar-McDonald sent the game into extra-time, when a stunning second strike from Evans decided the cup final in favour of the Foxes.

City were up for the occasion and started strongly in a game which consisted of two 40 minute halves, forcing a chance early on at King Power Stadium when Evans' trickery allowed the winger space to cut inside on his favoured left foot, but the final effort hit the side netting.

Leicester's left-back William Daniels was looking dangerous, attempting to find his forwards with early crosses but to no avail, before Man City had their best chance of the half, when the ball fell to Regan Heskey after bobbling around in the box - but he fired over the bar.

At the start of the second half in the final, the hosts were once again in the ascendancy, producing good moments from wingers Jeremy Monga and Evans, coming closest when a good run from Luqman Aideed ended with Louis Page firing over from inside the six yard box.

The persistence did eventually pay off for the young Foxes who broke the deadlock with little over 10 minutes to go from the penalty spot. Daniels' cut back to Monga put the Citizens' defence on edge, forcing them to go to ground, fouling the No.7 inside the box; Evans then stepped up, sent the 'keeper the wrong way and rolled the ball into the bottom left-hand corner.

Unfortunately for Leicester, Man City fought back and equalised with five minutes to go, when Dunbar-McDonald took advantage of two defenders, fresh into the game, cut inside and found the far corner past Freddie Marson.

Into extra-time we went, with 10 minutes to be played in each half, and the first couple of attempts fell to the Leicester goalscorer, who got the ball on the wing and hit the side netting before testing Oliver Whatmuff from range.

With both teams getting tired on their feet, the game needed a hero, and it appeared in the form of Evans for Leicester. Great credit has to go to Aideed for driving into the Man City half before playing the ball to his team-mate who did the rest, finding the underside of the crossbar before the back of the net to crown the Foxes as champions.

City: Marson; Sutherington (Jacklin 74'), Diallo (Toko 74'), Adedeji, Daniels; Lawrence, Page; Evans, Aideed (De Lisle 92'), Monga; Hutchinson (Owusu 87').

Subs not used: Stretton.

Goal: Evans 68' (pen), 95'.

54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Magnificent 

shame the first team coach and owner couldn’t delay the holiday for 36 hours to be there 

if I was 15/16 then support like that would mean a lot to me and my parents when it came to deciding where I wanted to ply my trade 

That's really poor but unfortunately not surprising. Very shortsighted indeed.

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Why have they dumped them in the shed rather than the first team dressing room? 

Think that’s the pic from when they won semi final, I remember similar being posted. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, niyaminski said:

Even if they dont become first team players for us but go to be sold to an EFL club then the academy has been a success. Weve had a fair few academy players play first team football for us in the last few years, absolutley no reason why there cant be a few more from that crop

Edited by South Shire Fox

8 hours ago, Holly B said:

It’s pretty much the odds based on history 

9 hours ago, Holly B said:

I mean I’m just saying my opinion - what forums are for no?

I never said “make it pro”. I said play for LCFC. 

Over the last 6 years, we’ve had about 7 academy players consistently play for our first team. That’s an average of just over one academy player per year coming through.

And for those referencing City/United, I understand what you’re saying but our academy doesn’t have a pull like theirs. They can attract players from all over Europe and South America simply because of the size of their club.

10 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Couple of others been mentioned to me are Louis Page (think he's had a few appearances with the 18s) and Bartosz Kosiorek. 

Yes, I've heard Kosiorek is extremely well regarded too.

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3998925?lang=en

A Jake Evans rocket deep into extra-time saw Leicester City's Under-16s beat Manchester City 2-1 to win the U16 Premier League Cup.

A penalty from Evans opened the scoring at King Power Stadium before Christian Dunbar-McDonald sent the game into extra-time, when a stunning second strike from Evans decided the cup final in favour of the Foxes.

City were up for the occasion and started strongly in a game which consisted of two 40 minute halves, forcing a chance early on at King Power Stadium when Evans' trickery allowed the winger space to cut inside on his favoured left foot, but the final effort hit the side netting.

Leicester's left-back William Daniels was looking dangerous, attempting to find his forwards with early crosses but to no avail, before Man City had their best chance of the half, when the ball fell to Regan Heskey after bobbling around in the box - but he fired over the bar.

At the start of the second half in the final, the hosts were once again in the ascendancy, producing good moments from wingers Jeremy Monga and Evans, coming closest when a good run from Luqman Aideed ended with Louis Page firing over from inside the six yard box.

The persistence did eventually pay off for the young Foxes who broke the deadlock with little over 10 minutes to go from the penalty spot. Daniels' cut back to Monga put the Citizens' defence on edge, forcing them to go to ground, fouling the No.7 inside the box; Evans then stepped up, sent the 'keeper the wrong way and rolled the ball into the bottom left-hand corner.

Unfortunately for Leicester, Man City fought back and equalised with five minutes to go, when Dunbar-McDonald took advantage of two defenders, fresh into the game, cut inside and found the far corner past Freddie Marson.

Into extra-time we went, with 10 minutes to be played in each half, and the first couple of attempts fell to the Leicester goalscorer, who got the ball on the wing and hit the side netting before testing Oliver Whatmuff from range.

With both teams getting tired on their feet, the game needed a hero, and it appeared in the form of Evans for Leicester. Great credit has to go to Aideed for driving into the Man City half before playing the ball to his team-mate who did the rest, finding the underside of the crossbar before the back of the net to crown the Foxes as champions.

City: Marson; Sutherington (Jacklin 74'), Diallo (Toko 74'), Adedeji, Daniels; Lawrence, Page; Evans, Aideed (De Lisle 92'), Monga; Hutchinson (Owusu 87').

Subs not used: Stretton.

Goal: Evans 68' (pen), 95'.

Oliver Whatmuff is an astonishing name 😂😂😂

In all seriousness this is an exceptional achievement and it's a huge testament to the hard work throughout the academy at lower levels. I'm harsh on demanding we become one of, if not the best academy in the country because I believe those aspirations aren't unachievable.

Buzzing.

• Like 1

441398183_1000745438075555_1260139735694

Leicester City Win U16 Premier League Cup!

AH2_4877.JPG?width=1050
Jake Evans scored a brace in the final.

City: Marson; Sutherington (Jacklin 74'), Diallo (Toko 74'), Adedeji, Daniels; Lawrence, Page; Evans, Aideed (De Lisle 92'), Monga; Hutchinson (Owusu 87').

Subs not used: Stretton.

Goal: Evans 68' (pen), 95'.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-already-next-kiernan-9268127

Leicester City already have the next Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall lined up
Leicester City's crop of young talent in the academy was in the spotlight on Monday and one player has been tipped for the first-team

ByJosh HollandFootball Writer
13:45, 7 MAY 2024

Leicester City's academy has produced a number of talented players over the years and the current crop breaking through at Seagrave are on course to follow in the footsteps of those who have made it.

In City's Championship title winning season, Enzo Maresca's squad consisted of five academy players (Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall, Hamza Choudhury, Kasey McAteer, Ben Nelson and Wanya Marcal) with Will Alves, Tawanda Maswanhise, Brandon Cover and Arjan Raikhy (who joined from Aston Villa) all either featuring or training with the first team.

The abundance of serious level talent coming out of the football club is one of excitement and on Bank Holiday Monday, Leicester fans were treated to a glimpse of what the future may look like.

The U16s lifted the Premier League Cup in front of thousands at the King Power Stadium against Manchester City. Jake Evans, who has spent portions of this season playing at U18s level, was the hero on the night with both goals in a thriller.

After his penalty was cancelled out by Christian Dunbar-McDonald, Evans' stunning second in the extra-time crowned the young Foxes as champions. If City fans didn't know of Evans before, they certainly will be taking notice now.

One man who knows more than many about the attacker is former Leicester academy coach Alistair Heath. Heath spent seven years at the football club between 2015 and 2021 before moving to Cambodia to take up a first-team head coach role.

During his time in LE2, he worked as head coach of the Thailand International U17s-U23s head coach before spending just over a year coaching the academy players.

"After Covid/during Covid, I joined the actual academy working with the U14s," he told LeicestershireLive. "The first group I worked with had Trey Nyoni in and the second, who I consider the best academy age group I’ve ever been with, have got Jake Evans.

"He will make the first team. I keep in contact with him now and he is one to keep an eye on."

Heath continued: “I would say he’s a very versatile player, he can play on the left and right. He has got strength, determination, good ball control and pace. He’s got a good eye for goal and he’s an all-round great attacking player.

"His biggest strength is his mentality. I remember seeing him in the U13s and to be able to watch him when I was with the U14s was great. In some ways, he reminds me of a Wayne Rooney-type player.

"He’s an all round player. When I was with the U14s, I knew he would go on to be involved with the U21s, etc. For him, as long as he keeps that mentality then there’s no reason why he can’t go all the way and be the new Dewsbury Hall."

Dewsbury-Hall was a late bloomer to the Leicester first team but made a name for himself after back-to-back loan spells with Blackpool and Luton Town. This season, he was a key part in the club returning to the Premier League with him scoring 12 and assisting a further 15.

While comparing Evans' potential pathway to the first-team to Dewsbury-Hall is difficult, Heath believes the teenager could go on to surpass previous academy graduates at the club.

“If you are, in my opinion, not in and around the first team by 18 (training, pre-season, etc), it’s very difficult (to make it) because that’s how tough it is. If a U21 team hasn’t got a young age group, then something is wrong.

"Jake has got a great chance. Now they’re back in the Premier League, it might be more difficult, he might have to go out on loan but I know he’s got the mindset to do that and do well. They’ve got real talent there. Whether it’s on the same level as Dewsbury-Hall or [Hamza] Choudhury, I think he can be better than those two."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1