Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

Both of them play in a serious position of need in Enzo’s system. That being said I’d fancy Braybrooke to get an opportunity in the first team for sure whereas Alves may get a Championship loan.

We haven’t got an obvious Harry Winks understudy and Braybrooke spending a season behind Winks and learning from him/allowing him the opportunity to rest in cup games seems obvious to me next season. 

• Like 2

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hopefully promotion doesn't stall their development. May need to be brave and go with them in the first team. 

I think it's probably likely Braybrooke goes on loan, and Alves stays. 

Exactly this….Brave

that was one thing I always liked about Klopp, he would chuck a player in regardless of the opposition.

9 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Both of them play in a serious position of need in Enzo’s system. That being said I’d fancy Braybrooke to get an opportunity in the first team for sure whereas Alves may get a Championship loan.

We haven’t got an obvious Harry Winks understudy and Braybrooke spending a season behind Winks and learning from him/allowing him the opportunity to rest in cup games seems obvious to me next season. 

Pretty sure it will be the other way around Enzo has name checked Alves a couple of times this season. 

52 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Alves needs a loan in the same way Villa have got Louie Barry time. Get him in a promotion chasing L1/L2 team 

Keep him for the first team. The only player we have with that level of close control is Winks and Alves arguably is arguably even more technical. 

It could save us spending 10 mil on cover for the midfield/wing positions that we are light in.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Alves needs a loan in the same way Villa have got Louie Barry time. Get him in a promotion chasing L1/L2 team 

Agreed. Every single academy player in recent years that has been a success in the first team has been out on loan first. Be great for his development. I think Braybrooke needs an EFL loan more though to toughen him up and get him ready for the physicality of the mens game. Lads built like a 14 year old girl where as Alves has calfs like Jack Grealish already

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Keep him for the first team. The only player we have with that level of close control is Winks and Alves arguably is arguably even more technical. 

It could save us spending 10 mil on cover for the midfield/wing positions that we are light in.

Won’t be anywhere near ready for the PL 

Hasnt played at the speed of outright competitive football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

He's top League One standard at the very least for his development but I totally agree. 

However, very much depends on our circumstances this summer. If we are hampered significantly in making the required signings then whether he's ready for the PL or not, he is going to have to be.

Braybrooke I'm convinced is already top end Championship standard but I could be being a little presumptuous. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Won’t be anywhere near ready for the PL 

Hasnt played at the speed of outright competitive football. 

He doesn't necessarily need to have done so though

Other PL teams have brought through players from the under 21s into the first team that haven't been out on loan that have the same level of experience as Alves and Braybrooke, and then done well

I do think he probably does need a loan anyway but still

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1