Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

He doesn't necessarily need to have done so though

Other PL teams have brought through players from the under 21s into the first team that haven't been out on loan that have the same level of experience as Alves and Braybrooke

It's the biggest frustration of this season that both of them weren't able to be fit for it, they'd have both made 10-20 appearances IMO

• Like 4

If they had a substantial amount of game time this season, skipping a loan and having them as 'fringe' players next season would've been a greater possibility. But they haven't had any game time this season, so a loan in needed.

Also, what I found interesting was that Will Alves was in the squad's promotion pictures, and Sammy weren't. Funny as we (or at least I) generally think of Sammy as a more developed player compared to Alves, closer to first team football. 

1 minute ago, niyaminski said:

If they had a substantial amount of game time this season, skipping a loan and having them as 'fringe' players next season would've been a greater possibility. But they haven't had any game time this season, so a loan in needed.

Also, what I found interesting was that Will Alves was in the squad's promotion pictures, and Sammy weren't. Funny as we (or at least I) generally think of Sammy as a more developed player compared to Alves, closer to first team football. 

I believe that squad picture was simply down to any player who was involved in a match day squad in the league. I believe Alves vs Watford was on the bench. This only applies to league and not cup.

48 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I believe that squad picture was simply down to any player who was involved in a match day squad in the league. I believe Alves vs Watford was on the bench. This only applies to league and not cup.

Few others like Raikhy not there though.

I think Alves is very much part of Enzo's plans but it just hasn't happened for him yet due to fitness.

Only a matter of time for Braybrooke. Pre-season is his time, Enzo will absolutely love him if he remains our manager.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's the biggest frustration of this season that both of them weren't able to be fit for it, they'd have both made 10-20 appearances IMO

Massively without their injuries they would have been blood and have a good amount of minutes under their belt.

Be amazing to have Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke as a core of a City side in the future.

• Like 1

I am not so sure anyone who is deemed as in the frame for the 1st team goes out on loan, our system is quite complex so not sure whether a season out on loan would be so beneficial. I think a lot depends on how they progress during pre-season, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nelson, Alves and Braybrooke are integrated fully into the 1st team squad next season. As this season has shown Enzo isn’t afraid to throw in young players. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Found the first goal and look who combined to help make it...

4 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Agreed. Every single academy player in recent years that has been a success in the first team has been out on loan first. Be great for his development. I think Braybrooke needs an EFL loan more though to toughen him up and get him ready for the physicality of the mens game. Lads built like a 14 year old girl where as Alves has calfs like Jack Grealish already

Seems to be able to hold his own not easily removed from the ball.

Mahrez had skinny calves didn't hold him back.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-qpr-amani-richards-transfer-news-leicester-b1154663.html

Brentford and QPR are both interested in signing Leicester academy forward Amani Richards.

The 19-year-old is out of contract at the King Power Stadium this summer and will be available on a free transfer.

London-born Richards, who can play either as a striker or on the right wing, could return to the capital after emerging from Chelsea’s academy before joining Arsenal and then Leicester.

Sunderland and clubs in Germany, Belgium and Denmark are also interested in his services.

Richards is highly-regarded and won the Leicester academy player of the season award in 2023 after scoring more than 20 goals in all competitions.

But attempts by Leicester to renew his contract have been hampered by his desire to play senior football.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-qpr-amani-richards-transfer-news-leicester-b1154663.html

Brentford and QPR are both interested in signing Leicester academy forward Amani Richards.

The 19-year-old is out of contract at the King Power Stadium this summer and will be available on a free transfer.

London-born Richards, who can play either as a striker or on the right wing, could return to the capital after emerging from Chelsea’s academy before joining Arsenal and then Leicester.

Sunderland and clubs in Germany, Belgium and Denmark are also interested in his services.

Richards is highly-regarded and won the Leicester academy player of the season award in 2023 after scoring more than 20 goals in all competitions.

But attempts by Leicester to renew his contract have been hampered by his desire to play senior football.

Understand the desire for senior football - but it's whether they offer anything above what we currently had available. 

Feel he probably just wants to move home 

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Well he won't be getting senior football at Brentford. Possibly might have a chance at QPR. Do you think he's good enough for us or has the potential to be good enough for us?

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Well he won't be getting senior football at Brentford. Possibly might have a chance at QPR. Do you think he's good enough for us or has the potential to be good enough for us?

He did well in the under 18s last season and has stepped up well into the under 21s this season

I definitely understand him wanting to more senior football - might be Brentford can offer him a better pathway / assurances regarding loans than we can which I definitely think is an area we really need to improve on

Like @UniFox21 mentioned though with it being both Brentford and QPR being linked it might suggest he wants to go back to London anyway

A shame if we do lose him as he does look talented and I think he has potential, and we apparently paid £1m for him as well

Have to say it is a bit annoying about him that he seemingly doesn't like to stay around somewhere long - still only 19 and this would be his 4th club in about 3 years

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, moore_94 said:

He did well in the under 18s last season and has stepped up well into the under 21s this season

I definitely understand him wanting to more senior football - might be Brentford can offer him a better pathway / assurances regarding loans than we can which I definitely think is an area we really need to improve on

Like @UniFox21 mentioned though with it being both Brentford and QPR being linked it might suggest he wants to go back to London anyway

A shame if we do lose him as he does look talented and I think he has potential, and we apparently paid £1m for him as well

Have to say it is a bit annoying about him that he seemingly doesn't like to stay around somewhere long - still only 19 and this would be his 4th club in about 3 years

Think you’re thinking of Richards aren’t you? Sure Thomas was a free we picked up after his release from Chelsea.

edit: ignore me I misread and thought the article was about Thomas and got them mixed up myself lol

Edited by Aleksz

How does the PL2 standings work this season? There's 26 teams and yet every team only played 20 games. Also we had 2 games abandoned that I don't think were replayed, any ideas why?

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How does the PL2 standings work this season? There's 26 teams and yet every team only played 20 games. Also we had 2 games abandoned that I don't think were replayed, any ideas why?

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3562470

Teams will be divided into five pots based on performances over the past three seasons.

Fixtures will be determined by a draw made according to clubs’ positions in the five seeded pots.

There will be 20 Matchweeks, with each team playing 20 regular-season matches throughout the season.

Teams will play each club in their own seeding pot once, as well as three to five teams in all other pots either home or away. 

Newcastle game was replayed in January, Palace game was abandoned on 86 mins so I think they just left the result as is rather than replay

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3562470

Teams will be divided into five pots based on performances over the past three seasons.

Fixtures will be determined by a draw made according to clubs’ positions in the five seeded pots.

There will be 20 Matchweeks, with each team playing 20 regular-season matches throughout the season.

Teams will play each club in their own seeding pot once, as well as three to five teams in all other pots either home or away. 

Newcastle game was replayed in January, Palace game was abandoned on 86 mins so I think they just left the result as is rather than replay

Nice one!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Not sure why this would be a free transfer if we offer him a new deal. We'd get compensation wouldn't we?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Holly B said:

Has details of ticket arrangements been announced as surely it isn’t behind closed doors is it ?

Available on the website

IMG_8690.jpeg

Edited by moore_94