Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

3 minutes ago, Frances Dempsey said:

You can comment, constructively, however, when you don’t know the full story, you shouldn’t just say sour grapes! 

Am I right in thinking you are related to Shane? Apologies if I'm way off the mark. I wish him all the best in the future, it just hasn't worked out for him the last 2 years with injuries.

Did the club not even arrange any behind close doors friendlies that he could have taken part in in recent months? That's really poor if not.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

That's my point, every player should receive full support from the Club.

Even more so when they are injured, Over seas and away from their Family.

These are essentially young vulnerable Children.

As no one has answered my question I take it we don't have a Liaison Officer. Which reflects really badly on the Club.

Isn't Flynn 22? 

35 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Isn't Flynn 22? 

I don't think so,  I believe he playing for the under 18s when he got injured.

But I don't know anything about the lad other than what I read on here.

Regardless though because of the way his welfare was handled it seems another promising player walks away for nothing.

That's not good for the Club going forward.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Frances Dempsey said:

You can comment, constructively, however, when you don’t know the full story, you shouldn’t just say sour grapes! 

I stand by my comment. 

And I'm not sure how you can lay down rules as to what I can and can't post on a forum if anything it sound like you also are suffering with sour grapes. 

Anyways...

The club may not have handled it correctly but what I do know is he has not showered himself in glory by slagging the club off like that.

That will only make it harder for him to get fixed up with another. 

Not a smart move in my opinion which I am quite entitled to.

People are only reading his side when I'm sure there are 2 sides to the story but the club simply won't get involved in tit for tat with a released player. 

Players are released all the time hes just another one if the many numbers who didn't cut it ultimately.  

He would be better off getting his head down and working hard to prove people wrong and earn a chance somewhere else not publicly complain in the media about the club who gave him an opportunity and ultimately for whatever reason it didn't go his way. 

It makes him sound like a cry baby not someone desperate to make it. 

I hope he gets fixed up and gets another opportunity but I doubt anyone decent now would touch him with a barge pole. 

Good luck to him but

His destiny may be a career in the Irish leagues. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I right in thinking you are related to Shane? Apologies if I'm way off the mark. I wish him all the best in the future, it just hasn't worked out for him the last 2 years with injuries.

Did the club not even arrange any behind close doors friendlies that he could have taken part in in recent months? That's really poor if not.

This is the worrying thing.

Popov, Alves and Braybrooke have been brought back into the fold after major injuries, but they were the darlings of the academy. Flynn did win development squad player of the year once though.

It's unfortunate for Flynn that he's not had the opportunities since recovering. It is a competitive environment but I'd like to think players should get every opportunity to prove themselves. It sounds like this is down to one sliding doors moment in Flynn's case.

In the same way that first-team players used to drop into the reserves or youth team to get a bit of fitness after an injury, it would be good if youth team players who are recovering from injury and/or just not getting as many opportunities could have unofficial friendly games arranged to acquire a bit more match fitness and experience, and provide the opportunity for the coaches to see more of them in a match context. That could give these players a better chance of graduating back into contention in competitive matches and aid their recovery.

All the best to him and hope he finds a club that can help him get his career back on track.

Cheyenne Loureiro, brother of Marçal-Madivadua who was part of the #LCFC U18 team, is on trial at Birmigham after not having the desired rhythm in the academy. A huge talent, international in youth with Portugal, he needs more opportunities

19 hours ago, themightyfin said:

I stand by my comment. 

And I'm not sure how you can lay down rules as to what I can and can't post on a forum if anything it sound like you also are suffering with sour grapes. 

Anyways...

The club may not have handled it correctly but what I do know is he has not showered himself in glory by slagging the club off like that.

That will only make it harder for him to get fixed up with another. 

Not a smart move in my opinion which I am quite entitled to.

People are only reading his side when I'm sure there are 2 sides to the story but the club simply won't get involved in tit for tat with a released player. 

Players are released all the time hes just another one if the many numbers who didn't cut it ultimately.  

He would be better off getting his head down and working hard to prove people wrong and earn a chance somewhere else not publicly complain in the media about the club who gave him an opportunity and ultimately for whatever reason it didn't go his way. 

It makes him sound like a cry baby not someone desperate to make it. 

I hope he gets fixed up and gets another opportunity but I doubt anyone decent now would touch him with a barge pole. 

Good luck to him but

His destiny may be a career in the Irish leagues. 

I’m sure you have worked out who “Dempsey” might be Fin ? 

3 hours ago, Ryy said:

1-1 vs Newcastle (Popov) in our second game 

That starts in the 9th min of the 2nd half and already 1-1 ????

1 hour ago, davieG said:

That starts in the 9th min of the 2nd half and already 1-1 ????

They messed up a few games but this is the goal 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just kicked off in the 1/4 final v Brighton.

Silko Thomas sent off in the first 5 minutes.

0-0 at half time.

Penalty Leicester!!

1-0 Marcal 

1-1 with 2 minutes to go

and we’ve lost it 2-1 with the last kick off the game.

Edited by Aus Fox