Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Highly doubt he will be going on loan. 

I agree with you.

As a 17 year old kid playing for the U21 although he had massive potential he hardly set the world alight. 

Braybrooke was different he stood out most games.

Since his return from injury Alvez has looked a cut above U21s level and is clearly ready to step up.

A big pre season and I think he's involved in the match day  18 from the off.  

The boy is ready and I think Braybrooke won't be far behind. 

I expect little net investment into the squad this window and the time has come to blood these two. 

Massive pre season for both. 

Really hope so mate, there's nothing better than seeing players come through the academy and make an impact.

• Like 1

I don’t think Alves will be out on loan either. I think the amount he’s been involved in the celebrations despite not making an appearance speaks volumes for how much he’s going to be deemed a first team squad player moving forward.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking Alves is only contracted till summer 2025 and Braybrooke 2026?

Maybe I'm wrong? 

I know we have learnt our lesson with contacts but if this is the case surely we needyto be looking at extending now? 

On 10/05/2024 at 21:56, moore_94 said:

The Foxes Cup is announced!! 🦊🏆
#LCFC will host this new tournament for U15 teams, where several of the best academies in Europe will compete.
Great initiative to give great experiences to the kids

Brilliant to show off Seagrave, no doubt will have some financial benefits along the way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Am I right in thinking Alves is only contracted till summer 2025 and Braybrooke 2026?

Maybe I'm wrong? 

I know we have learnt our lesson with contacts but if this is the case surely we needyto be looking at extending now? 

If that is the contract situation, it makes a bit more sense as to why Alves was so involved in the title celebrations etc

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Braybrooke, briggs, Nelson and alves do whatever it takes to keep them 

I don’t know why but Briggs reminds me of Grealish 

Edited by Ryy

Very bad news from Seagrave, Ryan Donnelly, one of the best U18 players in #LCFC suffered a torn cruciate ligament.

We send you the best wishes, you will come back stronger because the good always come out of these.

• Sad 6

20 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Very bad news from Seagrave, Ryan Donnelly, one of the best U18 players in #LCFC suffered a torn cruciate ligament.

We send you the best wishes, you will come back stronger because the good always come out of these.

Seagrave strikes again 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I look at some of the stud layouts on boots these days and wonder if they’ve actually done research into how likely they are to stick in the turf etc 

im sure they’ve done the testing to see if they provide better traction when trying to push off or move from foot to foot but I wonder about the dangers to the knee 

of course I’ve no idea of this particular issue was impact cause. There seem to be many knee ligament issues nowadays - cartilage less so than a few decades ago but ligaments moreso  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I look at some of the stud layouts on boots these days and wonder if they’ve actually done research into how likely they are to stick in the turf etc 

im sure they’ve done the testing to see if they provide better traction when trying to push off or move from foot to foot but I wonder about the dangers to the knee 

of course I’ve no idea of this particular issue was impact cause. There seem to be many knee ligament issues nowadays - cartilage less so than a few decades ago but ligaments moreso  

I think a element is pitch construction with a % of  synthetic fibres

8 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Maybe I'm wrong? 

Didn't Braybrooke sign a 5 year deal not long before/after he did his ACL in Jnauary 2023? Alves I think is up next summer though which is a big concern.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't Braybrooke sign a 5 year deal not long before/after he did his ACL in Jnauary 2023? Alves I think is up next summer though which is a big concern.

Not too sure I thought Braybrooke was 2026. 

Someone who is more “in the know” than me will probably have a better idea but it really does feel like the academy is in a strong place right now. 

Seems like we have a fair few promising talents in the various age groups.

I really hope over the next few years we’re smart with the academy. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

Someone who is more “in the know” than me will probably have a better idea but it really does feel like the academy is in a strong place right now. 

The future does appear to be very bright. Got to offer them a clear pathway to making it here and hope we don't get them poached before that happens ala Nyoni.

It's really promising though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Noahfence said:

Yes 🦊👊🏼

• Thanks 1

On 12/05/2024 at 22:42, Noahfence said:

Kevon Grey has struggled with injury but if he can get and stay fit he’ll be a player in the future CDM/CB a unit who’s comfortable on the ball too - U18 (second year Scholar next season)

Jake Evans - U16 good talent attacker with an eye for goal and is capped by England u16 I think it is (first year scholar season upcoming)