Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

Think we’ve got to really exploit the loan market or atleast try! id be looking at;

Hannibal, Diallo or Elanga at Man Utd

Palmer & Borges at Man City

Chukwuemeka, Hall or try for David Fofana at Chelsea

Carvalho at Liverpool

2/3 of these i think would be good!

Buying wise i cant see us spending any more than 30m at the very most. 
Langstaff at County (next Vardy)

Piroe at Swansea

Sarr at watford (unlikely though)

Swift at WBA (good championship exp)

free market

Kabano & Duffy at fulham

Schlupp at Palace (bring him home 😂)

Miliovejevic at Palace

Veltman at Brighton

Ghoddos at Brentford

(Not the greatest but most have done the Championship before and add exp)

Possibly some talent from abroad but can only see the odd gem being found ie: Knockeart or Mahrez but thats up to the scouts etc 

Edited by Timmys Super Foxes
  • Like 4

42 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Think we’ve got to really exploit the loan market or atleast try! id be looking at;

Carvalho at Liverpool

I'm sure we will be doing this because we can't afford to sign a new team, and Leicester will be a very attractive team to send loan players too (as will Southampton...)

I'd be surprised if we don't end up with someone from Chelsea on loan, they need to get rid of tons of players, plus have youth team players that will need games too. I could see Casadei who was on loan at Reading coming here for this season. Many people have mentioned Borges and given Barnes will most likely leave, he could seamlessly step into that position as a 1 for 1 replacement for a season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Luka Milivojevic on a free transfer might be worth looking at. We’re likely to need bodies in CM, he’s a former PL captain, a natural leader, effective at shielding the back, and a goal threat from dead ball situations.

He’s 32 now and hasn’t played much over the last couple of seasons as he’s been a squad player at Palace, but did retain club captaincy. I don’t want to see us sign many players of this profile as he’s obviously the polar opposite of an emerging young talent with room to develop but feel his experience, leadership, and defensive street smarts on a 1-year deal for free is an option worth exploring.

We need a small core group of experienced pro’s. One of the reasons we’re in this mess is the lack of experience and leadership in the squad. 

Vardy, Albrighton & Milivojevic would be a good start but its not enough. A couple more would be nice.

Edited by Shane

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Usually the think the loan system is ridiculous and there should be a limit on how many you can have in a matchday squad. There probably already is but it needs to be a smaller number if so, saw teams with half their starting 11 on loan. 

However, we do need to use this system and you'd think we'd be a good choice for one of the big boys to send too. 

Aim to keep those on longer contracts unless we get a good bid and we have to cash in anyone with a year or two left. 

I think the loan system is a mess also but in our situation it’s pretty perfect, allows us to massively reduce our wage budget, and we are in a position where we will be the most attractive club in the championship or atleast one of the top 3, so that’s where big clubs will want to send their loans. 

If we can get some good optional purchase deals tied into the loans it’s pretty much risk free for us! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Carvalho at Liverpool

Piroe at Swansea

free market

Kabano & Duffy at fulham

Miliovejevic at Palace

Veltman at Brighton

Ghoddos at Brentford

Possibly some talent from abroad but can only see the odd gem being found ie: Knockeart or Mahrez but thats up to the scouts etc 

Some great names here, Langstaff is a great shout, would be a cheap one for us to have a stab at finding the next Vardy, 

I can’t see Palmer or Chukwuemeka coming here though, palmer just got himself a premier league medal and chukwuemeka has been one of the young players who have actually made a fair amount of appearances, he was on my list but I took him off because off the top of my head he’s made about 15 Chelsea appearances this season, I expect he fancies himself to get more minutes under Poch! 

if we could get him though he would be a fantastic loan, Hall looked very good against United and can play both Left Mid and Left back which is perfect. 

3 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

No chance on earth Barnes and Kelechi stay with us next season. Similarly Ricardo.

Barnes is unlikely and I imagine Kel would like reassurance from the next manager that he's first choice, but I can see the latter staying.
Barnes by virtue of his numbers and being English, I agree, is unlikely, but I feel we at least need to hold out for a great fee.

Ricardo is different - he's unlikely to get a similar contract elsewhere and as a result the number of suitors dwindle fast. He hasn't shown yet that he can perform at the same level as before his injuries, so I doubt anyone would take the risk. We could definitely use him at this level and maybe he could regain some form. His salary means we should offload if we can - I just don't think we will.

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I disagree, I think Kalechi would and Ricardo would given the chance. 

Like I’ve said, we can’t just let the entire squad leave…. It would be suicidal. We need to sell the sellable assets that will generate fairly good money. Madders the sky is really the limit, and with Newcastle willing who knows what the price could be driven up to. The same with Barnes, he could easily leave for £40m. The sale of those two, and some of the fringe players aka Soumare, N’didi and co, could leave us with a decent amount of cash to spend at this level. Few clever loans on top of that and we will be laughing. 

It's ok saying that and I'd love it if Kels stayed and maybe he would like to, but if a prem club comes in for him for a decent amount, he will want to stay in the prem and the club will want the money.

2 hours ago, Shane said:

We need a small core group of experienced pro’s. One of the reasons we’re in this mess is the lack of experience and leadership in the squad. 

Vardy, Albrighton & Milivojevic would be a good start but its not enough. A couple more would be nice.

I completely agree. Evans would be another if he stays. 

To clarify, when I say I don't want to see many signings of that ilk, I think we need 10+ signings this summer, so 3 or 4 should be of that age/profile. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Luka Milivojevic on a free transfer might be worth looking at. We’re likely to need bodies in CM, he’s a former PL captain, a natural leader, effective at shielding the back, and a goal threat from dead ball situations.

He’s 32 now and hasn’t played much over the last couple of seasons as he’s been a squad player at Palace, but did retain club captaincy. I don’t want to see us sign many players of this profile as he’s obviously the polar opposite of an emerging young talent with room to develop but feel his experience, leadership, and defensive street smarts on a 1-year deal for free is an option worth exploring.

And he'd have first dibs on penalties!

4 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Not sure on his fitness, but quite like this. An experienced central midfielder and hopefully have the legs of Dewsbury-Hall and others around him. Thought he was older than 32 too. 

Free transfers for experienced players from Premier League clubs is a good bet. Not too many as we don't want to be stuck with players not good enough for the Premier league if we were to come straight back. 

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Ronnie Edwards and Connor Chaplin will be two definite signings for us I reckon.

Edwards and Powu from the P'boro would be decent imo

Chaplin is no chance imo

also we need to remember we arent in a certain ball park anymore for signing, likes of Alex Scott from Bristol City could have happened had we been in the prem, no chance now we are in the same league 

Edited by FrankieADZ

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Edwards and Powu from the P'boro would be decent imo

Chaplin is no chance imo

also we need to remember we arent in a certain ball park anymore for signing, likes of Alex Scott from Bristol City could have happened had we been in the prem, no chance now we are in the same league 

Agree with you on Scott, no idea why some have suggested him, he's Man City bound, pep adores him.

Not sure what you mean on Chaplin though, no way a Prem club takes a punt on him for me, this is really his first good season. 

8 hours ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Carvalho at Liverpool

Piroe at Swansea

free market

Kabano & Duffy at fulham

Miliovejevic at Palace

Veltman at Brighton

Ghoddos at Brentford

Would definitely go for Langstaff - great shout

Elanga on loan for the season could be great too!

Piroe I can see coming, especially if we lose Kel/Daka

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Agree with you on Scott, no idea why some have suggested him, he's Man City bound, pep adores him.

Not sure what you mean on Chaplin though, no way a Prem club takes a punt on him for me, this is really his first good season. 

i think cos hes a main man at Ipswich, think if he does well with them next season but town go down, people will go after him

dont get me wrong, think he'd be a decent addition but i cant see Town waiting to sell

we need to find a creative gem but in all honesty its hard to think of one to come in

39 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

i think cos hes a main man at Ipswich, think if he does well with them next season but town go down, people will go after him

dont get me wrong, think he'd be a decent addition but i cant see Town waiting to sell

we need to find a creative gem but in all honesty its hard to think of one to come in

Fair dos! We had an Ipswich ITK on a few weeks back who said it was a done deal apparently. Hirst going the other way.

Agree with you on the creative mid front. If we could somehow get Hamer from Cov that would be ideal! Archer who has been on loan at Boro is decent too as a 10

Cameron Archer if one of/both Iheanacho and Daka go. 

Jerry Yates would be a decent option as well. 14 goals in 41 games for relegated Blackpool. 

One of Eiran Cashin or Ronnie Edwards as a young centre back prospect. 

The likes of Tommy Conway and Jason Knight should be looked at. 

Tyrhys Dolan would add some flair to the side. 

I don’t want all of these together as the squad arguably needs some more quality whereas these, barring Archer and Yates, are all players with high potential rather than ready for here and now, but a couple of them to compliment some real solid signings would be the right idea. 

My ideal squad: 

Iversen

Ward 

Smithies 

Ricardo 

JJ 

Faes 

Souttar 

Ronnie Edwards (Peterborough)

Tuanzebe (Free Agent) 

Evans (much cheaper deal but his experience could be vital) 

Thomas 
Kristiansen 

Choudhury 

Billy Mitchell (Millwall) 

Gus Hamer (Coventry) 

Alex Scott (Bristol City) 

KDH 

Schlupp (Free Agent) 

Amad Diallo (loan from Man U) 

Albrighton 

Tyrhys Dolan (Blackburn) 

Borges (loan from Man City) 

Vardy 

Iheanacho 

Archer (loan from Villa) 

If Scott and Hamer go to the Premier League then re-assess but we should aim high to start. 

Likes of Alves and Braybrooke to be bought in every now and then to supplement if they are ready to do so. Opoku and Suphanat too if they get recalled in January after getting a work permit each. 

Edited by Pete52
  • Like 3