Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

4 minutes ago, bart said:

We aren't going to be a position to offer big new contracts to anyone, and we also have Vardy and Daka on decent wages . At least one if not 2 of the 3 main strikers will be off and Nacho is probably the most attractive to other clubs.

Whilst I think you’re right, I can still see us getting 100+mil for some of our assets.

Let’s assume Barnes, Maddison, Daka, N’didi, Praet and Soumare all go as a minimum, that’s got to be 100 plus.

Would it not be worth making Nacho the main man and giving him a decent contract for a couple of years? Like the poster above says, he’ll be a monster in the championship.

Maybe we can make it happen, perhaps not - ultimately, can’t imagine anyone is fully aware of the true extent of our finances.

• Like 2

Iversen, Souttar, KDH and one/both of Iheanacho and Daka (I accept both could well leave) is the spine of a pretty decent Championship side I reckon. Kristiansen and Thomas could both benefit from the step down, Choudhury and Albrighton should both be reasonable squad players if they're sticking around, the same probably true of Smithies who I admittedly don't think I've seen play since Knockaert scored that absurd brace past him in 12/13. I think there's questions marks over pretty much everyone else.

Maddison and Barnes I'm assuming are gone, too good for the Championship. Justin, Ricardo, Ndidi - likewise all far too good for that level at their peak but all blighted by injuries, the former two unable to stay fit and Ndidi unable to do anything. Iheanacho really should leave but then we've treated him like dirt for a while now without him ever seeming to kick up a fuss or contemplate a move elsewhere so **** knows, maybe he won't. Castagne and Praet I suspect will leave, I hope Faes does too because he's horrific. There's no point trying to predict what Soumare will do as it'll probably be at least another six months before he realises we've been relegated, go back to France maybe? Daka I can see going somewhere in Europe. That leaves Vardy who I'd like to see retire or if not then utilised solely as an impact sub, Vestergaard who I've come to accept will be here until the end of time and Ward who should be dropped into the nearest volcano.

I think we have to try our hardest to keep Barnes and Iheanacho. I know its a tough ask, but these two would be unstoppable in the Championship. 

As for players to leave, Tielemans, Cags and Maddison well all know will leave. Castange will probably leave and Mendy out of contract (although I would give him another year as well as Evans). I'd try and keep Praet as well, he could be the player to make things tick for us. I would get rid of Vestergaard, Betrand, Amartey and Perez.

Players I'd like us to bring in if possible would be Kent from Rangers, Brereton Diaz (if we could), Alex Scott from Bristol, Jack Clarke from Sunderland, a CB, two CMs, and another LW and RW. I'd also be tempted with Langstaff from Notts County - think he would fit into our team really well.

My Team would be

Iverson

Ricardo/Justin

Souttar

Faes

Thomas/Kristensen

Ndidi

New CM

New CAM

Barnes (obvs if we can keep him)

Iheanacho/Vardy/Daka

New RW

I would also bring some youth team players in like Brunt, McAteer, Maswanhise, Madivdua, Braybrooke and Alves.

It will be tough, but I think we will do it and come back up!

Edited by chris2208

I just don't know how many we NEED to sell to balance the books.

I expect some to leave on loan with us still paying wages.

The out of contract players will all go, but who is going to take Praet, Vestergaard or Soumare the money they are on realistically?

What a mess.

• Like 1

Madders, Youri, Barnes, Evans, Cags, Perez will go

Most probably Mendy, Soumare too. Praet? Although we would potentially need him with others going?

Leaves us with Iverson, Ndidi, Faes, Souttar, Thomas, Ricardo, JJ, Victor, Timmy, Daka, Nacho, Vards, KDH.....

35 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Would love us to take the same approach with Iheanacho as Fulham did with Mitrovic.

Offer him a new contract and build the team around him - one of the few who’s never let us down.

That would be a good shout.

But that would require a competent board so sadly won't happen.

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

only allowed 5 loans in total 

5 loans in a matchday squad, but you can have more than that in the total squad - it's just that they won't all be able to play.  Burnley had 6 loans this year, though two were on loan-and-then-sign-permanent basis.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The out of contract players will all go, but who is going to take Praet, Vestergaard or Soumare the money they are on realistically?

What a mess.

I imagine all 3 are about to be on significantly less, so whoever signs them will probably be paying less than what we paid them before being relegated

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StonyFox said:

Scott twine. Didn't feature that much for burnley but was good at mk Dons.  could play number 10 or on the wing. 

He was injured first half of the season and was just establishing himself in the first team in the last few games.  Kompany said some very nice things about him after the last game.  I don't think he'll be available.

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What a mess.

They wont be on that money anymore tbf

35-50% wage cuts which will put most back in line with what they could get around Europe

9 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I imagine all 3 are about to be on significantly less, so whoever signs them will probably be paying less than what we paid them before being relegated

If no one wants him I genuinely think Soumare could still do a job for us.

Classic 4-4-2, KDH and Soumare as the two in midfield 

Edited by lcfcben76

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

They wont be on that money anymore tbf

35-50% wage cuts which will put most back in line with what they could get around Europe

Thought those relegation wage cuts were a rumour?

That's one bit of good news I guess, we won't be crippled by a huge wage bill!

2 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Says a lot that we haven't even been linked with anyone yet. The club clearly hadn't planned for this. That means we're late getting started which means it'll be panic stations once again.

You just know they won't have a plan for a new manager either. Total cluster ****.

Historically we've always played cards close to chest and future signing have rarely been predictable, so I'm not worried on that count.

Which isn't to say I'm not worried.

Realistically, these won’t be here next season one reason or another:

Castagne

Evans

Amartey

Soyuncu

Bertrand

Vestegaard

Ricardo

Ndidi

Mendy

Tielemans

Soumare

Praet

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho 

That’ll leave us with:

Iversen

Ward

Justin

Thomas

Kristiansen

Souttar

Faes

KDH

Choudhury

Albrighton

Vardy

Daka

Even if we integrate the likes of Ben Nelson, McAteer, Brunt, Alves, Braybrooke etc. it’s going to be a massive task to rebuild. 

Our midfield and frontline especially will need a massive revamp. 

I’d honestly take anyone that has a bit of grit and determination to them. We’ve been soft as shit for too many years now

For those who are recommending Alex Scott, I read somewhere he's valued at 25m. Although these are the stupid prices of today, seems a risk for somebody who's only 19.

The first person on my list would be Diallo, straight up purchase. Versatile and a good player, I'd also love Brereton but call me crazy, why not take a shot and Langstaff, 40+ goals and not one penalty.

2 hours ago, Bilo said:

Would be content with:

Iversen

Thomas

Souttar

Faes

Justin

Choudhury

KDH

Scott (from Bristol City)

Sarr (from Watford if he doesn't find a PL club/ Sorba Thomas if he does)

Nacho (in the unlikely event he stays, Daka if he doesn't)

Brereton Diaz

Not entirely sure why so many people mention Brereton Diaz as he has signed a pre contract agreement with Villarreal