Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

2 hours ago, richard123 said:

Am I only the only one thinking we play hard ball with Barnes. As in he will have a relegation clause and we may refuse to sell.

Guessing this depends on him and our finances. If we don't need to sell we have every right to make him stay. 

We are massively short on wide players.

Just a though. Crazy as it sounds... 

Really hope he stays, we can build our team around him, he would get 20 plus goals if he stayed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

GK - Iversen, Smithies 

LB - Thomas, Kristensen

CB - Faes, Souttar, 2x needed

RB - Ricardo, Justin (don’t think either will have a market with past injuries)

CDM - Hamza, 1x needed

CM - KDH, (1x needed)

CAM - (2x needed)

RW - Albrighton, 1x needed

LW - 2x needed

ST - Vards, Kel, Daka (Unless they want out I feel the wage reduction we could keep all 3.

9 players needed.

sell/release:

Ward - £40,000 in wages (No fee.)

Soyuncu £45,000 in wages (No fee.)

Evans £100,00 in wages (No fee.)

Amartey £20,000 in wages (No fee.)

Vestegaard £70,000 in wages (£5m fee.)

Castagne £65,000 in wages (£12m fee.)

Bertrand £80,000 in wages (No fee.)

Ndidi £75,000 In wages (£15m fee.)

Mendy £55,000 in wages (£5m fee.)
Soumare £80,000 In wages (£15m fee.)

Praet £75,000 in wages (£5m fee.)

Maddison £110,000 In wages (£35m fee.)

Barnes £40,000 in wages (£30m fee.)

Perez £45,000 In wages (No fee.)

Wage’s saved on a weekly basis - £900,000

Wage’s saved per year - £46,800,000

Transfer income - £122,000,000

Obviously a very rough estimate, I got the wage amounts from Spotrac for anyone wondering.

If the figures are true it’s worrying to think we are spending £225,000 a week in wages to Vestegaard, Bertrand & Praet.

That's not far off double the total wage bills for Cov and Luton last season. lol

Says everything about the way that the club has been run. 

• Like 1

I'm assuming a fire sale. The only one we might manage to keep who could attract interest is JJ. But the shattered remnants leave enough for a decent, pragmatic manager to work with

Iversen

JJ

Soutts and Vesty (yup, I mean it) 

VK

Ricardo, Hamza, KDH, Albrighton and Wilf sharing midfield responsibilities

Vards and Daka up top 

They are backed up by;

Braybrooke, Alves, LT, the lad who's been in the bench (I presume he must be a step up from other u23s), couple of Leuven lads, 2 or 3 loans. 

Keep 

iverson

ricardo 

JJ

soutar 

vestegard 

kristensen 

thomas

ndidi

kdh

albrighton

vardy

iheanacho 

sell/release everyone else including smith and his 2 cronies 

new gaffer needs to be in place in next 2 weeks 

Pearson , viera , gerrard , still , Benitez - any of the 5 of them should have us in and around the top 3 

should see best part of 200m coming in and a million a week off the wage bill 

2 defenders and 2 mids and 3 wide men needed - 7 very important signings that will define our season 

it really shouldn’t be rocket science but you just know we will massively mess it up 

14 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

If we were sensible we would give Ward and Vesty either free transfers or pay them off. No one will buy them surely! 

Hasn't Vesty already rejected 2 clubs as he is not willing to take the pay cut (Fulham & Hertha Berlin) in the past 12 months. We look set to have to pay him to leave

1 minute ago, beepee1984 said:

Hasn't Vesty already rejected 2 clubs as he is not willing to take the pay cut (Fulham & Hertha Berlin) in the past 12 months. We look set to have to pay him to leave

Yes hence I said pay him and Ward off.

Budget wise/Financial position I don't know where we are at.

I'd be happy with Iverson for next season move ward on and have smithies as number 2 not bad for the championship.

Lacking leadership at the club I'd take Coady from wolves (depending on wages and if Everton sign him)

Think castagne will move on , another player I like from wolves is Giles who was on loan at Middlesbrough.

Midfield will need a lot of work. Would like Mendy to stay but will we offer him a new deal? Generally have no idea what level of midfield we will able to get in the championship 

As for strikers vardy staying on? Would love kel to stay but can't see it, think Daka would thrive in this league and I'd give Hirst a go.  Cullen from Swansea is a player I like if we lose a striker I'd bring him in.

As we don't really know the finances will we have to look at the free market?

Then for absolute vibes get Drinkwater and Knockheart on free's

We need a good mix of youth and experience, the free agent market doesn’t have very many eye catching players in it from either of the top two leagues, although I did notice Liam Moore and Jeff Schlupp are both out of contract this summer, call it sentimental but the two lads know the club and probably care a site more than a lot of others including those robbing us of £80k a week +. 

I’d start with and basing this purely off of the uncertainty of how much we have money wise, Jonson Clark-Harris and Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough.

JCH is a Leicester lad and apparently Posh are willing to listen to offers. 26 goals last season. if we can keep one of Daka or Kel, plus Vards in the final year of his contract it could be a good option. 

Edwards is England u20 cb and been a key man. One definitely for the future. If we have Faes and Souttar potentially as the two starting cbs next season he could be good in a rotation. 

Would love Tommy Doyle from Man City possibly on loan, I think he would be our type of player and had a great spell with Sheffield United. I wonder if he’d be available permanently though and be out of our price range. 

6 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

GK - Iversen, Smithies 

LB - Thomas, Kristensen

CB - Faes, Souttar, 2x needed

RB - Ricardo, Justin (don’t think either will have a market with past injuries)

CDM - Hamza, 1x needed

CM - KDH, (1x needed)

CAM - (2x needed)

RW - Albrighton, 1x needed

LW - 2x needed

ST - Vards, Kel, Daka (Unless they want out I feel the wage reduction we could keep all 3.

9 players needed.

sell/release:

Ward - £40,000 in wages (No fee.)

Soyuncu £45,000 in wages (No fee.)

Evans £100,00 in wages (No fee.)

Amartey £20,000 in wages (No fee.)

Vestegaard £70,000 in wages (£5m fee.)

Castagne £65,000 in wages (£12m fee.)

Bertrand £80,000 in wages (No fee.)

Ndidi £75,000 In wages (£15m fee.)

Mendy £55,000 in wages (£5m fee.)
Soumare £80,000 In wages (£15m fee.)

Praet £75,000 in wages (£5m fee.)

Maddison £110,000 In wages (£35m fee.)

Barnes £40,000 in wages (£30m fee.)

Perez £45,000 In wages (No fee.)

Wage’s saved on a weekly basis - £900,000

Wage’s saved per year - £46,800,000

Transfer income - £122,000,000

Obviously a very rough estimate, I got the wage amounts from Spotrac for anyone wondering.

If the figures are true it’s worrying to think we are spending £225,000 a week in wages to Vestegaard, Bertrand & Praet.

I don’t think that sounds far off at all. 

Might need another wide forward, one who is more of a wide striker than a winger as I can’t see us keeping all of Daka, Vardy & Nacho?

23 minutes ago, SB87_LCFC said:

We need a good mix of youth and experience, the free agent market doesn’t have very many eye catching players in it from either of the top two leagues, although I did notice Liam Moore and Jeff Schlupp are both out of contract this summer, call it sentimental but the two lads know the club and probably care a site more than a lot of others including those robbing us of £80k a week +. 

I’d start with and basing this purely off of the uncertainty of how much we have money wise, Jonson Clark-Harris and Ronnie Edwards at Peterborough.

JCH is a Leicester lad and apparently Posh are willing to listen to offers. 26 goals last season. if we can keep one of Daka or Kel, plus Vards in the final year of his contract it could be a good option. 

Edwards is England u20 cb and been a key man. One definitely for the future. If we have Faes and Souttar potentially as the two starting cbs next season he could be good in a rotation. 

Would love Tommy Doyle from Man City possibly on loan, I think he would be our type of player and had a great spell with Sheffield United. I wonder if he’d be available permanently though and be out of our price range. 

Tommy Doyle is a good shout. 

Ndidi’s future will be interesting. Probably the most drastic decline at the club, from the defensive midfielder with the best stats season after season, linked with big moves to a complete liability.

I would like a starting XI similar to this come opening day:

Iversen

Whoever is fit out of Ricardo or JJ/ sell one or both and bring in a less injury prone rb

Souttar

Faes

Kristiansen

Soumare/Hamer

KDH

New am- Scott? May be too pricey- look abroad. Chaplin is a shout who wouldn’t cost too much and can play on the wing as well but how he will step up is questionable. Chair from QPR looked good against us but QPR’s recent form is shocking.

New rw- look abroad and at PL loans.

Daka/Piroe/Akpom. Brereton probably too pricey and will go abroad or to the premier league. Clarke Harris as depth if 2 or more of our 3 current strikers leave.

New LW-  Clarke from Sunderland

I think we should go in for clark-harris. Looks like he'd cope fine at championship level

Other than that, not a clue at the minute. I can see us massively dipping into the loan market and limit our owned resources to keep the books balanced, regardless of whatever money we bring in from sales.

Can't see us bringing in more than 120m tops on sales, and with losing out on 100m from dropping down a division I'd imagine they'd be looking at a more sensible approach. Chelsea, United and citeh grads on loan will be the approach I reckon

• Like 1

Sell/Release:

Barnes and Maddison: £85 million

Soumare: £15 million

Praet: £7 million

Ndidi: £10 million

Castange: £10 million

Amartey: Free

Evans: Free

Soyuncu: Free

Ward: Mutual consent (might have to pay off)

Tielemans:Free

Vestegaard:Mutual consent (might have to pay off)

Bertrand:Free

Everyone's wages  will be getting halved in the championship due to relegation clauses so Imo keeping Mendy and Iheanacho is doable.

£50 million a year saved in wages and £127 million taken in fees.

Ins: 

Carvalho (Liverpool): Loan - Can also play CAM.

Tommy Doyle (Man City): Loan - Did very well for Sheffield and got them promoted as a midfielder

Jonson Clark-Harris (Peterborough): £5 million - His main attributes are aerial ability and strength something we need in a striker as an option. Scored 26 goals in League 1. 

Hamer (Coventry): £10 million - Did brilliantly for Coventry.

Darío Osorio (Club Universidad de Chile): £6 million - Left footed right winger from Chile. No idea how good he is but we have been heavily linked.

Jean-Ricner Bellegarde (Strasbourg): £8 million - One of the best progressive passers in Ligue 1 and has some of the most key passes per 90. Is only getting £5000 a week in France so would get a pay rise here is also only 24. Perfect Maddison replacement.

McNalley (Burnley): £3 million - Another one who did brilliantly for Coventry and is on loan from Burnley who are willing to sell for £3 million. 

Ilias Chair (QPR): £7 million - Right footed left winger plays for QPR and is championship proven at 24 years old. Barnes replacement. 

£40 million including loan fees on incoming players. 

Our 25 man squad:

GK: Iversen, Smithes

CB: Souttar, Faes, McNalley, Ben Nelson

LB: Thomas, Kristensen

RB: Justin, Pereira

DM: Mendy, Choudhury

CM: KDH, Hamer, Doyle, Bellegarde, Braybrooke.

RW: Albrighton, Osorio

LW: Carvalho, Chair

ST: Iheanacho, Daka, JCH, Vardy

We would stomp the championship with that team. An attack of Carvalho, Iheanacho, Chair and Hamer would destroy the championship

Edited by Fightforever
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, burleighfox said:

I'd sign the big Danish lad at the back for Barnsley, looks like a solid defender. Shame we've probably missed the boat on Alex Scott from Bristol City though. 

That Alex Scott is a top top talent.. be too soon for him to go play premier league and be a bit part player i think. Leicester be great fit with 1 more season and gain promotion with us.

2 hours ago, Simonb said:

I think we should go in for clark-harris. Looks like he'd cope fine at championship level

Other than that, not a clue at the minute. I can see us massively dipping into the loan market and limit our owned resources to keep the books balanced, regardless of whatever money we bring in from sales.

Can't see us bringing in more than 120m tops on sales, and with losing out on 100m from dropping down a division I'd imagine they'd be looking at a more sensible approach. Chelsea, United and citeh grads on loan will be the approach I reckon

You can only have 4 loans a season now. Won't be enough considering half our squad is leaving.