Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HighPeakFox

Warning Points

7 minutes ago, Daggers said:

@Mark He seriously doesn’t deserve warning points for this. 

I actually agree with you on this, really.

Would've thought, at most, the original comment was to be removed.

@HighPeakFox wasn't abusive etc. at all when the comment was made.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Thanks for the PM, @Mark, on this matter..

Thanks for the very kind words @Daggers..:blink:

Please see my post above where I admitted I didn't realise there was another meaning for the term. I've owned up to this mistake.

We all make mistakes, you’ve owned up and apologised, lessons learned, move on.

• Like 1

It is my opinion that the issue, at mod level, is not the use of the C word, but more that I directly addressed the taboo subject surrounding what behaviour is tolerated, or tacitly condoned, or tacitly encouraged on the forum. 

Otherwise, I think the Warning point might have been quietly withdrawn.

I think that every forum member would benefit from knowing the penalty point system - it seems like a sword of Damocles hanging to accumulate said points without knowing how many will actually mean something happens. I'd also suggest that not explaining it makes it potentially ripe for abuse. 

On 09/06/2023 at 17:03, Facecloth said:

Going back to this Wymesy. You say HPF looks for trouble, but the example you use is him using word in a perfectly acceptable way. I would say you are the one who seeks trouble because you reported that. If I give you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't thick I'll assume you know the duel context of the word cancer. And in looking at his posts and hopefully knowing the meaning, you have chosen to report it somehow on the assumption he chose that word to cause offence to people. He's not directly abused you, he's not done anything to directly try and hurt somebody hes just used a word in a context you aren't keen on, how would he know that prior to posting? He hasn't thought "Wymsey hates cancer used luke this so I'm gonna do it to upset him", so why you thought reporting was the best cause of action is beyond me. I mean I don't like the word moist, but I will accept people can use it and if I see it I move on lol The best thing you could have done it messaged HPF or even replied to his post saying you don't like that usage of that word, but you chose to cause an issue.

1. Any particular reason you don’t like the word m***t Facey ? 

2. Are you Susie Dent ? I thought she supports A***nal. 

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

1. Any particular reason you don’t like the word m***t Facey ? 

2. Are you Susie Dent ? I thought she supports A***nal. 

I've been rumbled.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Otis said:

As the victim of recent abuse, I'm banned from general chat. No explanation, no warning points? Yet others who basically spam the chat are free to contribute. 

The reasoning will be your style of posting caused it, but had you thrown the abuse you'd also be banned because you abused people. It wouldn't be down their posting style causing it.

Also nice to see the thread about people being banned, how and why and the vagueness of the rules was deleted rather than having an adult discussion about it all.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The reasoning will be your style of posting caused it, but had you thrown the abuse you'd also be banned because you abused people. It wouldn't be down their posting style causing it.

Also nice to see the thread about people being banned, how and why and the vagueness of the rules was deleted rather than having an adult discussion about it all.

Agreed.

How can posters avoid being banned, and improve on aspects of their posting, if they don't know why they've been restricted on their posting / banned from a certain part of the forum in the first place?

Might be just me, but this sort of thing has seemed to have got worse recently.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Thanks for responding 👍

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

That did make me chuckle, Mark asked me a question (or maybe it was rhetorical?) and before I got the chance to reply it was already gone lol

Mind you, you said pretty much everything i would have said anyway, only much better than I would have done, so in the end it didn't really matter

• Haha 1