Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

The Leicester defence has been shocking all season without a defined leader to organise the players around him, slightly less dis-organised on the few occasions that Evans played. I think with Coady, the backline organisation will improve, he's clearly a vocal player and will want to take control of the defensive line. For a player with his Premier league experience and perceived leadership qualities, £8.5m on the face of it, looks to be good business. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

You’ve totally missed my point mate.

Merely stating that potentially we’re getting excited about Coady having this huge influence off the pitch as I’m comfortable to say that we’re a bigger mess than Everton are.

It’s a positive change with a player in the mould of Kasper but think we need a whole bunch of leaders on/off our pitch as have mentality midgets (mirroring Rodgers right).

Couldn't be further from the truth.

For anyone trying to judge Coady by how he played last year, apart from the difference in level, i think it's safe to say that unlike Everton last year, we're not likely to end up with the 4th lowest possession (42.5%) and 4th lowest pass completion (77%) so the game he will be expected to play will be very different.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

correct, but who are the other two we're going to announce :ph34r:

where are we getting this info that we are close to 4 deals, including these 2??  I have seen it mentioned a few times on here. 

Don't get me excited if it's just a themightyfin style ITK merchant! 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

where are we getting this info that we are close to 4 deals, including these 2??  I have seen it mentioned a few times on here. 

Don't get excited mate. I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. I can't ever remember there being a quadruple unveiling, ever, ever!

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Don't get excited mate. I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. I can't ever remember there being a quadruple unveiling, ever, ever!

BREAKING - Hearing from a reliable source that it is has been upgraded to a quintuple unveiling! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, emmo1987 said:

He's not a Dyche style defender though.Think he will suit us more with Maresca wanting to play out from the back. Think he'll be a solid signing. 

He was a Nuno style defender though and Nuno wasn't exactly the most progressive coach. Coadyvwas discarded soon after Nuno was discarded.

26 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Not sure. Believe Mueanta is also done so that could be one. And if there is 4, the other could be Awe given his contract has expired, or possibly Steffan.

26 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Please try to explain how we’re not? 

They’ve actually made changes to their board rather than just carry on as if nothing went wrong.

Fair point about our Board. Everything nicely swept under the carpet down at Seagrave as though no mistakes were made by those in charge of Football Operations.   

Theories why this is delayed announcement

1. Announcement to be aligned with new shirt sponsors tomorrow

2. Entire marketing department are on holiday

3. Massive CGI showcase reveal creation delayed in post production

4  Second thoughts 

5. Lana del Ray

6. It's just f***ing Lestah,. It's what we do

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Gravel said:

4  Second thoughts 

5. Lana del Ray

Yeah, we're obv gonna unvail the new kits using new signings. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Gravel said:

4  Second thoughts 

5. Lana del Ray

Or maybe its because Winks and Coady's loan deals expire on 1st July so announcement tomorrow possibly ?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, superfox1980 said:

Or maybe its because Winks and Coady's loan deals expire on 1st July so announcement tomorrow possibly ?

This is the actual reason but it's not as fun :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Anything to do with signing players always seems to take an age, other teams get it done no messing

Maybe we do, maybe we don’t, I’m not sure. Can’t speak for you but I don’t really follow other clubs business to the same level so generally I only hear about things on the main news outlets by which point it’s probably close to being wrapped up. With us I check-in at least every 5 mins from idle speculation to cringy signing video!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

Please try to explain how we’re not? 

They’ve actually made changes to their board rather than just carry on as if nothing went wrong.

I'm not going to prepare an essay on the state of everton football club - but i know which club i'd rather be involved with.  But if you're one of these leicester fans who believe we're on the edge of an abyss, one bad deal away from administration and rotten to the core, then no one can help you....