Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

I think this one is about over the line for 8.5 million?

If so, I’m really happy with signings like Coady.

He’s solid and him and Souttar should form a good CB partnership at Championship level.

He’s a known quantity and the type of player that would have probably made us better if we’d signed him in the Premier League.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I very much doubt Coady’s signing is based purely on his football ability, it will also be the personality, mentality and leadership that he brings, which were all missing in bucket loads last season. 

He will no doubt be made captain and I think straight away that is a really positive step in getting rid of the negativity and hangover from relegation. Also the professionalism and leadership will be huge for next season especially as we will no doubt have a smattering of younger players. 

I know people talk about £7.5m as being a big fee but this is a defender who was in the England World Cup squad just over 6 months ago, we haven’t paid £15m, remember we paid £3m for Evans, 4 years ago but that was only because of a relegation clause. 

Agreed. And I wonder whether this was one of things to come out of the "retrospective" exercise on what got us into this mess. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

He ticks so many boxes, so for 7.5m +£1m if we're promoted is good business. As we've learnt, CB is a position you need to get right. He'll bring so much more as well. His leadership skills and his bubbly and positive personality is exactly what we need to start a fresh and get us going. I still can't understand why some our against it. The pros really put weigh the negatives. It's probably the least gamble signing we've made in a while, as to me, it's a no brainer 

His bubbly personality? 😂... How do you know such things.. Have you dated him? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

There is no doubting Coady’s on field influence as so many in the game have commented on that but I do have one reservation about his off the field influence.

Everton were a mess (just slightly less than us) and he was there all season 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

There is no doubting Coady’s on field influence as so many in the game have commented on that but I do have one reservation about his off the field influence.

Everton were a mess (just slightly less than us) and he was there all season 🤷🏻‍♂️

Everton have been a mess for a number years. There is no correlation to them being a mess and one player, none. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

His bubbly personality? 😂... How do you know such things.. Have you dated him? 

Watch the interviews with him over the years, he doesn't come across as boring mono toned with default answers. 

Maybe also the same way as 30k in a stadium knew Soyuncu's man area was quite so big :D

Edited by fox_favourite

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

'People need to realise we're no longer in the prem, we're in the championship' is the new 'we were in league one once'. 

You would have hoped Perspective FC would have died off after we got relegated behind the likes of Bournemouth, Nottingham Forrest and Everton last season but sadly there will always be a section of our fanbase who think they have significantly more insight than the other 90% of the fanbase and will belittle anyone that questions anything to do with the club.

People are allowed to question whether a player who couldnt make the starting XI for a poor Everton side who finished one point above us last year will be any good for the team outside of his dressing room presence. He may turn out as a good signing for us but it's not wrong to question these things just because we're in a lower league.

Not saying anyone's opinion is wrong at all. My point was that a few are saying his stats are poor but that was the league above so it doesn't mean as much so we should bear that in mind before fully writing off someone who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet. This would definitely have been an underwhelming signing had we stayed up and possibly still could be now so can totally see where you're coming from.

I'd also argue that referring to anyone with the same viewpoint as me as 'Perspective FC' and hoping we 'die off' is a lot more belittling than anything I've said.

55 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I very much doubt Coady’s signing is based purely on his football ability, it will also be the personality, mentality and leadership that he brings, which were all missing in bucket loads last season. 

He will no doubt be made captain and I think straight away that is a really positive step in getting rid of the negativity and hangover from relegation. Also the professionalism and leadership will be huge for next season especially as we will no doubt have a smattering of younger players. 

I know people talk about £7.5m as being a big fee but this is a defender who was in the England World Cup squad just over 6 months ago, we haven’t paid £15m, remember we paid £3m for Evans, 4 years ago but that was only because of a relegation clause. 

To put this in perspective,  he cost half a Vesty.......  What a horrid recruitment experience that window was.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not excited by this, Everton fans say was carried by other CB, and dropped quickly by Dyche.

With respect to you, I would not take to much notice of anything that comes out of Everton.  They are very lucky to still be in the EPL.  They owe Madders big time.    You could have put De Bruyne in that Everton Team last season and he would have looked like Junior Lewis.

Fingers crossed he does us proud next season.

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

Oh the maddison nonsense again.

Evans was relegated with WBA, but still had praise from their fans.

He might work out well for us yes, but just saying it doesnt excite me.

Did they? I thought they were highly critical of him, wanting away and faking injuries so he didn't have to play.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Not excited by this, Everton fans say was carried by other CB, and dropped quickly by Dyche.

Might be the same Everton fans who thought Demarai Gray was a great signing.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chrysalis said:

Oh the maddison nonsense again.

Evans was relegated with WBA, but still had praise from their fans.

He might work out well for us yes, but just saying it doesnt excite me.

3-1 sounds better than 2-1, I could be wrong though.

1 hour ago, Lesta Legend said:

Everton have been a mess for a number years. There is no correlation to them being a mess and one player, none. 

You’ve totally missed my point mate.

Merely stating that potentially we’re getting excited about Coady having this huge influence off the pitch as I’m comfortable to say that we’re a bigger mess than Everton are.

It’s a positive change with a player in the mould of Kasper but think we need a whole bunch of leaders on/off our pitch as have mentality midgets (mirroring Rodgers right).

2 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

Not saying anyone's opinion is wrong at all. My point was that a few are saying his stats are poor but that was the league above so it doesn't mean as much so we should bear that in mind before fully writing off someone who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet. This would definitely have been an underwhelming signing had we stayed up and possibly still could be now so can totally see where you're coming from.

I'd also argue that referring to anyone with the same viewpoint as me as 'Perspective FC' and hoping we 'die off' is a lot more belittling than anything I've said.

Ignore me, i think i quoted the wrong person.