Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

Just now, Lambert09 said:

i know we are supposed to be happy with this because ‘he was good at everton’ 

but was he? or was that just tarkowski… the stats are disgusting. He’s been bought on reputation and it’s as simple as that. we aren’t running how we should be 

AED35C61-0B80-4040-83F1-65374F70D7F4.jpeg

Not to be a stat hater… but you’re always going to get one CB in a team standing out over another, and a lot of that can be down to what the coach has asked them to do. 

I’d be interested to see Tarks too. Let’s be honest no one playing under Dyche is going to be good in that middle section (progressive) are they! 

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

but was he? or was that just tarkowski… the stats are disgusting. He’s been bought on reputation and it’s as simple as that. we aren’t running how we should be 

earilie reminding me of the sven era 

dyche knows defenders i don’t think everton would have kept him if they went down 

Played in a 4 at Everton and I believe one of the reasons wolves let him go originally was due to their new manager wanting to play a back 4 instead of a 5? - could be wrong with this but @TheBear may be able to confirm, ill happily be proved wrong. 

Can we get his stats for his time at Wolves playing in a back 3/5 what ever way you want to look at it? 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Announce new signings on July 1st in a new accounting year for us, yet bank the £40m for Maddison in the previous year to keep the wolf from the door?

Doubt it - the accounts run until 30 June and contracts run from 1 July 

whether we announce players or not, I’m sure their registrations don’t begin until July 1st so fall into next years accounts anyway (as will madders sale) 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

dyche knows defenders i don’t think everton would have kept him if they went down 

image.png.df7c6823c4e6bfb53d6cb7235a0198bd.png

Not saying Coady is any good but fbref really doesn't tell you everything when it comes to defenders

Just now, st albans fox said:

whether we announce players or not, I’m sure their registrations don’t begin until July 1st so fall into next years accounts anyway (as will madders sale) 

But if we don't confirm the transfer until July 1st as opposed to 29th June then it's a new financial year it goes in to is it not?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LFox99 said:

image.png.df7c6823c4e6bfb53d6cb7235a0198bd.png

Not saying Coady is any good but fbref really doesn't tell you everything when it comes to defenders

Firefox defensive stats for a team that has to do a lot of backs to the wall defendingbusially show up well compared to teams who can wear dressing gowns and slippers. Coady however has abysmal stats for Everton, but at Wolves he was always very good in that regard.

20 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Probably not really fair to judge him on his performance that season - it's never easy to play well in an underperforming team, add in to that the fact that he was in a kind of loan-limbo, possibly didn't get a full pre-season, adjusting to a new system, largely playing as a parked bus....  But, from Evertonians i've spoken to, he was THE leader through all of that, even though he had no particular reason to stand out, or even display much loyalty, he was the one most people say stood up.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not an expert but that doesn't seem to make sense - what about if you buy a player in January, would their registration not begin until July?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

But if we don't confirm the transfer until July 1st as opposed to 29th June then it's a new financial year it goes in to is it not?

I don’t think the announcement date is relevant 

I’m sure that contracts run from 1st July. Maddison is probably still technically our player until tomorrow evening.  We’ve agreed the sale and madders has signed the contract. it’s commencement date isn’t mentioned but i assume it’s this Saturday.  Even if you could take the £38m  into the 22/23 accounts, pushing purchases back to july 1isn’t a big deal because the amounts are spread over length of the deal. coady will be -2.5m  on the 23/24 accounts. Winks -1.5m 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Not an expert but that doesn't seem to make sense - what about if you buy a player in January, would their registration not begin until July?

No - I think what I’m describing is only relevant in that period from when the window opens (mid June)  until July 1. 

I can see some issues though. There were internationals still being played after the window opened. Is anyone aware of a player actually signing for a new club after 14 June when the window opened and then playing an international game afterwards? If so I can see possible insurance issues in case of injury.  (this doesn’t apply to out of contract players who we know are contracted to end June )

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

LCFC Twitter isn’t announcing anyone new. They’re still too busy thanking Maddison for the 14th time. 

Thanking him for what.... Fvcking up (and trying to be a show pony) the penalty against Everton that would have saved our PL status? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Announce new signings on July 1st in a new accounting year for us, yet bank the £40m for Maddison in the previous year to keep the wolf from the door?

Makes sense, I was thinking it was more about not using an FBS shirt in any announcement.

4 minutes ago, ACF said:

Makes sense, I was thinking it was more about not using an FBS shirt in any announcement.

Grab a plain training top out of the shop.

Didn't we announce Vardy and just give him a LCFC hoodie as we were between sponsors? 

I think we should bear in mind that any stats for Coady for the last few seasons will be for the prem which we are no longer in. Of course they won't look as good last season when Everton were shite and for most of the season didn't play a system that suits him or left him on the bench. Feels like people are still thinking we're in the prem and expecting us to sign Fofana level players when in reality the team is crying out for leadership, experience and quality which this guy has a lot of. Sure, £8.5m is a lot but it's not like we're going to be strapped for cash and if we go straight back up it'll be worth it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The idea is you defend as a unit. If we defend properly this won’t be an issue. Huth was a slow bastard, and Morgan wasn’t much quicker…. And we won the league with that pair. 

16 hours ago, jonny_wright said:

We won the league with Morgan and Huth- and we are now in the championship…. Other clubs will be looking at our back 4 saying wow! That in the championship is unreal 

Sure I understand that obviously, but I also don't think Maresca is going to set us up for a cheeky compact 4-4-2 that's quick in the transition. It all depends on tactics

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Grab a plain training top out of the shop.

Didn't we announce Vardy and just give him a LCFC hoodie as we were between sponsors? 

image.jpeg.6703861835243287b0df8f20305b3b2d.jpeg

I don’t disagree with you - but I’m a marketing man.

No better way to announce a new sponsor, or no sponsor at all, than with positive new signings. Otherwise they announce it separately and it will get the interest a new sponsor announcement will get, absolutely **** all.

Image of Winks and Coady holding new shirt sponsor on Sky Sports News is the best way to start the sponsorship. 

7 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

I think we should bear in mind that any stats for Coady for the last few seasons will be for the prem which we are no longer in. Of course they won't look as good last season when Everton were shite and for most of the season didn't play a system that suits him or left him on the bench. Feels like people are still thinking we're in the prem and expecting us to sign Fofana level players when in reality the team is crying out for leadership, experience and quality which this guy has a lot of. Sure, £8.5m is a lot but it's not like we're going to be strapped for cash and if we go straight back up it'll be worth it.

'People need to realise we're no longer in the prem, we're in the championship' is the new 'we were in league one once'. 

You would have hoped Perspective FC would have died off after we got relegated behind the likes of Bournemouth, Nottingham Forrest and Everton last season but sadly there will always be a section of our fanbase who think they have significantly more insight than the other 90% of the fanbase and will belittle anyone that questions anything to do with the club.

People are allowed to question whether a player who couldnt make the starting XI for a poor Everton side who finished one point above us last year will be any good for the team outside of his dressing room presence. He may turn out as a good signing for us but it's not wrong to question these things just because we're in a lower league.

• Like 1