Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He's a massive massive improvement on Souttar and Faes....how much did we spend on them?

As a footballer.. As a market asset..? Come on, be about right here. Faes is a BELGIUM international, he hasn't covered himself in glory since he arrived but he is a better footballer than Conor Coady. Souttar is 24 and IMO will be a good player for us in years to come, as well as a saleable asset. 

I don't have anything against signing Coady, and do think he offers a level of leadership we are currently short of.. but it is nothing but a further example of the type of signing that has contributed massively to our downfall - No resale value, wrong side of 30, seemingly wasn't wanted by ANY Prem teams (even newly promoted outfits) and that's either down to wages being too high (we're notorious for overpaying) or quite simply he isn't deemed of the required standard.

Now, for a season in the Champ (we hope), would it make sense..? Absolutely yes.

Does it make sense at 7.5million, minus wages (whatever they may be), 3/4 year deal (possibly- knowing us, probably) and should we acheive our goals we then have to look to offload in the summer? IMO, no. Lets hope it works out for all parties and we aren't stuck paying him 60 large a week when hes 34 because we can't get rid. I suppose even after the contract debacles and the astronomical wages offered by the club heirarchy in the past we have to trust they've learned the error of their ways here!

Also, for what it's worth, i think we will see an absolutelty mesmeric shift in the percieved level of leadership under Enzo than we did BR.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Where's the 7pm announcement you tardy turds 

Just waiting for Højbjerg to get his hair done

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

He sadly reverted back to the player that Monoco fans despised who were laughing at squeezing £40m out of us. 

...what happened in Monaco was obviously not something he was concerned about, it didn't bother him!!!

I posted some time ago that the worst thing that he did here, was to have repeated the same thing with us that happened in Monaco. It blows away the assertion that he is in any way a model professional and has his own agenda and people fall in line and endorse it.

You know that at his next club, he will do what he feels is enough and then phone it in, he will not change. Top clubs would not indulge him and he would be found out too easily, clubs such as ours, defer to him and allows him to get away with what he does.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Staff said:

He's away with Engalnd under 21s, and to be honest he ain't much cop anyway. Avoid

Have to say that in general, this is my opinion 

he may turn out to be a brilliant player but he’s a slow burn and we can’t afford for him to use us to develop slowly this season 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m starting to think you’re guessing 😂

If it’s not those it’s 9pm if it’s not that it’s 100% tomorrow so keep a lookout 👀 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CaliFOXnia said:

As a footballer.. As a market asset..? Come on, be about right here. Faes is a BELGIUM international, he hasn't covered himself in glory since he arrived but he is a better footballer than Conor Coady. Souttar is 24 and IMO will be a good player for us in years to come, as well as a saleable asset. 

I don't have anything against signing Coady, and do think he offers a level of leadership we are currently short of.. but it is nothing but a further example of the type of signing that has contributed massively to our downfall - No resale value, wrong side of 30, seemingly wasn't wanted by ANY Prem teams (even newly promoted outfits) and that's either down to wages being too high (we're notorious for overpaying) or quite simply he isn't deemed of the required standard.

Now, for a season in the Champ (we hope), would it make sense..? Absolutely yes.

Does it make sense at 7.5million, minus wages (whatever they may be), 3/4 year deal (possibly- knowing us, probably) and should we acheive our goals we then have to look to offload in the summer? IMO, no. Lets hope it works out for all parties and we aren't stuck paying him 60 large a week when hes 34 because we can't get rid. I suppose even after the contract debacles and the astronomical wages offered by the club heirarchy in the past we have to trust they've learned the error of their ways here!

Also, for what it's worth, i think we will see an absolutelty mesmeric shift in the percieved level of leadership under Enzo than we did BR.

Equally, though, you could argue that it's the sort of signing we've FAILED to make that has contributed to our downfall - someone with the right attitude, with excellent leadership qualities.  I'd like to think you're right about Faes and Souttar on a footballing level, but neither of them looked like stepping up when it was needed most.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

He's a massive massive improvement on Souttar and Faes....how much did we spend on them?

R***i*

32 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Equally, though, you could argue that it's the sort of signing we've FAILED to make that has contributed to our downfall - someone with the right attitude, with excellent leadership qualities.  I'd like to think you're right about Faes and Souttar on a footballing level, but neither of them looked like stepping up when it was needed most.

This is so true. Our biggest issue was a relatively young team with no leaders, no absolute nasty bastards, a team with a soft underbelly who rolled over. Thats the Rodgers legacy. We need to have some experienced pros. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

i know we are supposed to be happy with this because ‘he was good at everton’ 

but was he? or was that just tarkowski… the stats are disgusting. He’s been bought on reputation and it’s as simple as that. we aren’t running how we should be 

earilie reminding me of the sven era 

dyche knows defenders i don’t think everton would have kept him if they went down 

AED35C61-0B80-4040-83F1-65374F70D7F4.jpeg

Edited by Lambert09