Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxinNotts

Conor Coady

6 hours ago, Lesta Legend said:

So Percy has confirmed on the Radio Leicester pod that both Winks and Coady passed their medicals. Just the announcements to wait for. 

My bets they are making a video of Coady kicking Tielemans can down the road and Winks swapping shirts with Maddison 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Daveb5569 said:

Anything to do with signing players always seems to take an age, other teams get it done no messing

Has it crossed your mind that you may pay a little more attention to the lead up of potential Leicester signings than that of other clubs?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Rodgers out! 

With coady coming in what system do u think the new coach will play . 
will he go 3 at the back , and if he does what happens to our 3-4 fullbacks . Could this be his line up .

Keeper??

Coady.           Evans.      Souttar    

Niddi 

winks.                                      Kdh 

New 10 ?

Ricardo.         Inacho.       ??????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

will he go 3 at the back , and if he does what happens to our 3-4 fullbacks . Could this be his line up .

Keeper??

Niddi 

New 10 ?

Never seen a formation like that before,

Evans is gone, likely nacho will be gone too, hopefully Ndidi to add to that. Winks will play a deep lying midfield role I'd imagine, if we played a 3, Justin and VK will play WB roles. 

51 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Keeper??

Niddi 

New 10 ?

I can forgive the spelling, but not the formation or selection! 

• Like 3

Looks like incoming transfers will be announced from today onwards, so they are included in season 2023-24 FFP. 

it looks like the Maddison deal was timed and structured to ensure we were complaint for 2022-23 season hence completed before the 30th June and also very specific referenced £40m now and £5m next season. 

• Like 3

On 29/06/2023 at 21:02, st albans fox said:

Doubt it - the accounts run until 30 June and contracts run from 1 July 

whether we announce players or not, I’m sure their registrations don’t begin until July 1st so fall into next years accounts anyway (as will madders sale) 

...couldn't the Maddison payment go down as an accrual!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...couldn't the Maddison payment go down as an accrual!!!

I guess so - It can go down wherever the accountants can get it in and the auditors approve
but it can only be counted once !

we won’t find out until next spring when the 22/23 accounts are published. Maybe they will decide where they’re putting it based on how well we’re doing ! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Looks like incoming transfers will be announced from today onwards, so they are included in season 2023-24 FFP. 

it looks like the Maddison deal was timed and structured to ensure we were complaint for 2022-23 season hence completed before the 30th June and also very specific referenced £40m now and £5m next season. 

And new coaching staff too?

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Keeper??

Niddi 

New 10 ?

This formation is bonkers, plus who is this Niddi you speak of? I’d imagine back 3 as Coady has most likely been brought in to establish that with Souttar & Faes. Wing backs of RP/JJ & VK. Winks will be a deep lying playmaker as we won’t need so much protection with that back 3 so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Ndidi off. KDH & maybe Soumare in mid if Maresca likes him (and he’s still here) with Vardy & Iheanacho up top, possibly the latter playing slight deeper.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Keeper??

Niddi 

New 10 ?

Yeah…. I reckon he’ll play a keeper…. I’d put money on it 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

This makes sense...

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

It wouldn't surprise me, Spurs took advantage of this with Everton last June with Richarlison.

Where it is publicly stated that it’s 40m now and 5m next season ??

I remain pretty sure that contacts run from 1 july onwards. As pointed out by someone in another thread, we can probably bring the income into this financial year even if the deal is dated 1 July. Certainly by announcing the sale in June and purchases in July avoids any questions around selective accounting procedures that may crop up in the future

others have indicated that winks and coady had loan deals that expired end June - I doubt that wolves or spurs were keen for the players to be transferred whilst those deals were still valid and samp and Everton were paying their share of the loan deals and salaries 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Where it is publicly stated that it’s 40m now and 5m next season ??

I remain pretty sure that contacts run from 1 july onwards. As pointed out by someone in another thread, we can probably bring the income into this financial year even if the deal is dated 1 July. Certainly by announcing the sale in June and purchases in July avoids any questions around selective accounting procedures that may crop up in the future

others have indicated that winks and coady had loan deals that expired end June - I doubt that wolves or spurs were keen for the players to be transferred whilst those deals were still valid and samp and Everton were paying their share of the loan deals and salaries 

I might be wrong but I definitely read somewhere their deal was initial £40m + £5m next season and then performance related add ons. 

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

I might be wrong but I definitely read somewhere their deal was initial £40m + £5m next season and then performance related add ons. 

Officially undisclosed 

so it’s all here say until we get a reputable journo from spurs or Percy with some info 

It doesn’t matter when they are announced. 

What matters is the contract. 

• Like 1