Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Football is being destroyed by arm chair fans. 12:30 Kick offs are abslolute crap, then play off games moved to mid weeks! Absolutely tired of Sky. 

Has always been like this for playoffs mate, look at our fixtures in 1992 against Cambridge, Sunday 12:00 away then Wednesday night

image.png.1c0570d98773aec0a5e56bbd26dccdb6.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Football is being destroyed by arm chair fans. 12:30 Kick offs are abslolute crap, then play off games moved to mid weeks! Absolutely tired of Sky. 

Playoff games have always been midweek, there isn't enough time to get them played before the final. But yes, your first sentence is spot on.

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Playoff games have always been midweek, there isn't enough time to get them played before the final. But yes, your first sentence is spot on.

One game ways but they always used to play the first leg on a weekend back in the day. No its ruled byt Skys TV schedule.

I wouldnt mind but they pay the Football league naff all for rights. 

Hate the game wrecking *****. 

29 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

One game ways but they always used to play the first leg on a weekend back in the day. No its ruled byt Skys TV schedule.

I wouldnt mind but they pay the Football league naff all for rights. 

Hate the game wrecking *****. 

Ah fair enough. You mean both legs are midweek. That is absurd if so. Anyway let Cov, Ipswich et al worry about this, we'll be up as champions

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I usually find one leg is mid week and then the other at the weekend .

Seems to be showing Monday and Friday for one set of games. The 12:30 is bad enough but week nights, no consideration for travelling working fans.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Seems to be showing Monday and Friday for one set of games. The 12:30 is bad enough but week nights, no consideration for travelling working fans.

The away fans would be used to midweek away games, so don't see it as being an issue for most. A lot of people don't just work Monday-Friday, 9-5 anymore. Sky aren't wrecking the game!

4 minutes ago, Viva said:

The away fans would be used to midweek away games, so don't see it as being an issue for most. A lot of people don't just work Monday-Friday, 9-5 anymore. Sky aren't wrecking the game!

Every post you seem to make is totally fine with whatever Sky do, move Plymouth to a Friday night ‘let’s sell it out forget any sort of protest and be loud’

Both play off semis midweek ‘Away fans sacrifice their lives throughout the season what’s another 2 games’.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I find it a bizarre attitude, why are you happy with how it’s going?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Every post you seem to make is totally fine with whatever Sky do, move Plymouth to a Friday night ‘let’s sell it out forget any sort of protest and be loud’

Both play off semis midweek ‘Away fans sacrifice their lives throughout the season what’s another 2 games’.  

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I find it a bizarre attitude, why are you happy with how it’s going?

Yes, I fully think a full away stand for a vitally important match is far better than an empty stand that will achieve nothing.

We are never going to go back to Saturday 3pm for every match. You can either come to terms with that or not. 

One of the play off matches was always in the evening, so I don't see a major issue in the other one being in the evening too.

It's all too easy to find a way to blame Sky etc for anything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viva said:

Yes, I fully think a full away stand for a vitally important match is far better than an empty stand that will achieve nothing.

We are never going to go back to Saturday 3pm for every match. You can either come to terms with that or not. 

One of the play off matches was always in the evening, so I don't see a major issue in the other one being in the evening too.

It's all too easy to find a way to blame Sky etc for anything. 

But you're taking the short term option over the long term aren't you?

I'm fully aware that they'll never be enough of us to take a stand, we just haven't got the fan movement and if you don't go someone else will.

The attitude of just get on with it though only makes things worse. Pretty soon we'll end up having football on every weekday night, at different times,  Saturday 3PM kick offs will occur about 5 times a season.

Who else would you blame for games being moved to midweek? They're being moved for Sky.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

But you're taking the short term option over the long term aren't you?

I'm fully aware that they'll never be enough of us to take a stand, we just haven't got the fan movement and if you don't go someone else will.

The attitude of just get on with it though only makes things worse. Pretty soon we'll end up having football on every weekday night, at different times,  Saturday 3PM kick offs will occur about 5 times a season.

Who else would you blame for games being moved to midweek? They're being moved for Sky.

I don't have a problem with midweek matches. They suit me personally better than Saturday. Like I said in a previous post, not everybody works 9-5 these days so the switches will suit some and not others. 

I also prefer the days of being able to watch more football on tv than 30 years ago. With that, there will obviously be fixture changes which are unavoidable. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Viva said:

I don't have a problem with midweek matches. They suit me personally better than Saturday. Like I said in a previous post, not everybody works 9-5 these days so the switches will suit some and not others. 

I also prefer the days of being able to watch more football on tv than 30 years ago. With that, there will obviously be fixture changes which are unavoidable. 

Ahh there we go 

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Ahh there we go 

Regardless of whether they suit me better or not, I also said that I prefer more matches on tv now than there was 30 years ago. That means fixtures will change. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in the minority in thinking that either. 

Edited by Viva

1 minute ago, Viva said:

Regardless of whether they suit me better or not, I also said that I also prefer more matches on tv now than there was 30 years ago. That means fixtures will change. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in the minority in thinking that either. 

You wouldn’t be in the minority thinking that.

Personally think it’s been bloody awful for the sport in the reliance on television and its money. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Viva said:

Regardless of whether they suit me better or not, I also said that I prefer more matches on tv now than there was 30 years ago. That means fixtures will change. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be in the minority in thinking that either. 

Maybe its fair if the fans arent ripped off and the TV money is fairly split. Perhaps there should be compensation to fans for every game moved for TV, especially if its long distance, high ticket price etc. 

Im not actually bothered about football being on 9 channels accross 3 platforms costing 70 quid a month. Everything about it is crap. Id much rather have a few games free to air, or in this day and age stream what I want when I want it. 

Its an out dated, inflexible money grabbing model. I think a lot of people are getting sick of Sky.

The way they treat fans is horrendous. Yes it may suit some people, some people may love TV games but likewise others may not.

Personally I think the worst games are the early kick offs, I cant really remember an early kick off with a great atmosphere and game ever.  

Edited by Foxin_Mad

14 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Maybe its fair if the fans arent ripped off and the TV money is fairly split. Perhaps there should be compensation to fans for every game moved for TV, especially if its long distance, high ticket price etc. 

Im not actually bothered about football being on 9 channels accross 3 platforms costing 70 quid a month. Everything about it is crap. Id much rather have a few games free to air, or in this day and age stream what I want when I want it. 

Its an out dated, inflexible money grabbing model. I think a lot of people are getting sick of Sky.

The way they treat fans is horrendous. Yes it may suit some people, some people may love TV games but likewise others may not.

Personally I think the worst games are the early kick offs, I cant really remember an early kick off with a great atmosphere and game ever.  

And therein lies the main point. It’d suit every stakeholder if there was less football, but of a higher quality. Decent ko times and rest periods that allow elite athletes to perform at their best. There are so many injuries this season it’s become counter intuitive.

And perform the middle aged daily mail aficionados jump in, I know George best played 1000 games a week whilst pissed, but the game is played at an exponentially higher level today 

54 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

And therein lies the main point. It’d suit every stakeholder if there was less football, but of a higher quality. Decent ko times and rest periods that allow elite athletes to perform at their best. There are so many injuries this season it’s become counter intuitive.

And perform the middle aged daily mail aficionados jump in, I know George best played 1000 games a week whilst pissed, but the game is played at an exponentially higher level today 

The way the football authorities behave is bizzare, they are adding in more pointless internationals, bigger European competitions etc.

I suppose the big six will argue their product is 'better' and it may lend itself better to a 'super league' however there are hundreds of football fans who have absolutely no interest in the big six. Football without evolving competition and upsets is basically whose centre back back can fanny around with it the most at the back! If football continues on its current corrupt big six loving path, it will kill itself.

• Like 1

Guest glasgowfox
On 21/03/2024 at 09:45, Foxin_Mad said:

Totally get your sentiment but imo it is being destroyed by tv companies.  They do not give long enough for people to change their plans due to greed if a previously unfancied fixture becomes desirable such as a change of manager etc.  I remember a few years ago waiting for the man City away game to be picked by sky....which they did.  However, they then changed it again to a more desirable (money making) slot, different day and time.  Due to this with pre booked travel and overnight accommodation I was over £250 out of pocket.  Sky should have an insurance to cover fans losses due to their greed.  Whilst I agree it is catered for armchair fans it is catered to make as much money as possible.  Cheapest train tickets come out 12 weeks prior to travel but fek the fans we will let then know 6 weeks before and often shorter than that.  TV ruins football for fans not armchair supporters...,opinion.

1 hour ago, Fox forever said:

WBA 12.30 Saturday 20th

At least it's still on a Saturday. I've given up going to rearranged midweek matches. Sick of it. I would just listen to BBC RL commentary but I'm outside of the coverage and they block live t'internet commentary due contractual issues. 

Don't blame me, my Sky subscription has well and truly been ditched. Not a penny more from me :mad:

• Like 1