Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

2 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

How many times is it now that we’ve played live in front of the nation and lost? I seem to only remember us beating brum when sky were trying to big up the Vardy Rooney bore fest. Should ban sky cameras for the rest of the season! 

WBA away was on TV wasn’t it? 
And the first game of the season against Cov.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox92 said:

WBA away was on TV wasn’t it? 
And the first game of the season against Cov.

I can’t remember! Just seems recently that we always lose! I’m sure someone will say we’ve actually been quite good! 

14 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I can’t remember! Just seems recently that we always lose! I’m sure someone will say we’ve actually been quite good! 

Given we've been on Sky sports red button for the midweek games we probably do have quite a good record. 

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Doesn’t count! 

Haha

Had a look back for this season 

Coventry home - 2-1 win 

Saints away - 4-1 win 

Blackburn away - 4-1 win 

Leeds home - 0-1 loss

West Brom away - 2-1 win 

Birmingham away - 3-2 win 

Ipswich away - 1-1 draw 

Coventry away - 1-3 loss

Ipswich home - 1-1 draw

Leeds away - 1-3 loss

Bournemouth away - 1-0 win 

Chelsea away - 2-4 loss 

Burton away - 2-0 win

Liverpool away - 1-3 loss

If that's correct (and not counting the red button games), that's 14 matches with 7 wins, 5 losses and 2 draws. 

On TV away a lot! 3 out of 14 at home. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Haha

Had a look back for this season 

Coventry home - 2-1 win 

Saints away - 4-1 win 

Blackburn away - 4-1 win 

Leeds home - 0-1 loss

West Brom away - 2-1 win 

Birmingham away - 3-2 win 

Ipswich away - 1-1 draw 

Coventry away - 1-3 loss

Ipswich home - 1-1 draw

Leeds away - 1-3 loss

Bournemouth away - 1-0 win 

Chelsea away - 2-4 loss 

Burton away - 2-0 win

Liverpool away - 1-3 loss

If that's correct (and not counting the red button games), that's 14 matches with 7 wins, 5 losses and 2 draws. 

On TV away a lot! 3 out of 14 at home. 

I was kind of saying it’s the “live” games which everyone watches rather than the red button games which are usually only watched by the 2 sets of supporters if you see what I mean. Looking at your stats we seem to have been great at first but now it’s loss/draw after loss/draw. Anyway sorry too much Guinness so I’m just chatting shite! 

34 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I was kind of saying it’s the “live” games which everyone watches rather than the red button games which are usually only watched by the 2 sets of supporters if you see what I mean. Looking at your stats we seem to have been great at first but now it’s loss/draw after loss/draw. Anyway sorry too much Guinness so I’m just chatting shite! 

Yeah I know mate, hence excluding the red button ones above :)

Agree our form has dropped off on TV, correlating with general form over last 6-i weeks. 

• Like 1

I live in East Devon, so my chances of getting to live matches are few. I’ve got a ticket for the Good Friday lunchtime kickoff against Brizzle City, but this morning got an email saying two of my trains have been cancelled . It’s on Sky, but I’m going to grit my teeth and hope to get there, one way or the other.

I was really looking forward to the Plymouth game, but now it’s an evening kickoff I’m bolloxed because last train I can catch home leaves at half eight. Twats!

20 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

How many times is it now that we’ve played live in front of the nation and lost? I seem to only remember us beating brum when sky were trying to big up the Vardy Rooney bore fest. Should ban sky cameras for the rest of the season! 

I had this convo yesterday.  Blackburn away is the only other win that springs to mind on TV..... correct me if I'm wrong (which I have no doubt will happen on here 😂)

37 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I had this convo yesterday.  Blackburn away is the only other win that springs to mind on TV..... correct me if I'm wrong (which I have no doubt will happen on here 😂)

Coventry, West Brom, Southampton, Birmingham in the league. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Coventry, West Brom, Southampton, Birmingham in the league. 

I stand corrected. 👍  I don't have sky....I just know Blackburn was on TV as it was one of the few away games I could get tickets for and put it down to it being a Sunday TV game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LanguedocFox said:

I live in East Devon, so my chances of getting to live matches are few. I’ve got a ticket for the Good Friday lunchtime kickoff against Brizzle City, but this morning got an email saying two of my trains have been cancelled . It’s on Sky, but I’m going to grit my teeth and hope to get there, one way or the other.

I was really looking forward to the Plymouth game, but now it’s an evening kickoff I’m bolloxed because last train I can catch home leaves at half eight. Twats!

I have a ticket for Bristol City …. My train is still running ….probably cancel it the day of the game 

Coady making the point on The Monday Night Club about Millwall & Plymouth away in the space of 3 days had the player Whatsapp group chat lit up when the news came through and that no decision has been made yet about whether it's even worth travelling back up after the Tuesday game.

4 minutes ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

Rather that than Monday 20:00 if southampton catch us and we finish 4th

The flip side is that'll almost certainly be West Brom.

We need to try and come 5th rather than 4th. Leicester v West Brom is the one fixture where home advantage seems to work the opposite way.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Sunday 12:30 for the away game in the play-offs if we finish 3rd. That just convinces me further it's bound to be us.

We’ll have our game and then have to spend the rest of the day with baited breath to see if Leeds or Ipswich **** up I guess