Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

I’m still wrangling with sky over the Blackburn move from Friday to Sunday after I suffered losses due to booked flights for a Friday match. They claim ignorance due to every match having a disclaimer of ‘subject to change.’ My defence is after one move to Sunday, a subsequent move to Friday is unreasonable. Furthermore, the disclaimer cannot avow the defendant of all responsibility. There has to be a window where ‘subject to change’ expires 

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Then you’d have the scores of people saying the club don’t want fans at matches etc etc 

They should make a stand and release a strongly worded statement threatening action due to this move. It’ll make no difference but it shows the club acknowledge the madness of it all to fans. Or pay for coach travel for fans.

In 13/14 when we went up I swear they gave us money back due to all the Friday night home match moves? Or did I imagine that. 

But we all accepted sky into the game so this is the price we pay. Plus as arguably the least inconvenienced club in the country, geographically, maybe other fans don’t have as much sympathy. 

The club shouldnt have to put on free travel though. What i was saying is the club and the fans need stand united together and say look we dont mind if a game is moved but this is just ridiclous. 

Yeah we are but it shouldnt matter where we are based the fact is, you need to take a days holiday, book a hotel or get back in the early hours of the morning to watch a football match. It is madness. 

13 hours ago, iancognito said:

Let's not forget our last season down here under Pearson we had one 3pm Saturday kick off after January.

It's a shocking decision, a 12.30 Saturday would have been bad but 2000 fans will be getting home at 3am 😑

Dont forget the inevitable overnight roadworks that will probably add an hour onto that return trip!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Stay over?

That’s the answer is it?

We live on a very small island but still have 3-4 hour travelling to grounds and get bent over by tv companies so we should dig deep and spend on hotel accommodation?

This season I’ve made a decision, no Saturday 3pm kick off away then I simply won’t go and I have kept to it, also any stupid ticket prices, Cov, Chelsea etc no thanks.

Luckily so far games haven’t been moved after ticket sale dates so I’ve been ok, not sure if they can still be moved after, Arsenal away in Prem winning season springs to mind though. Yes I did go but now I wouldn’t.

31 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

and this is why fans will always get shafted as some obviously dont see it as a problem. 

Football certainly isnt for the working class now. 

Not everyone can just drop everything and get a days holiday and afford to book a hotel and they shouldnt have to! 

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I think someone who can afford to travel down to Plymouth on a Friday, plus the cost of tickets, plus the cost of their (likely) season ticket, can probably afford a dirt cheap hotel for the night if they're that desperate to go. Is anyone who does every away day likely to be 'working class'?? (whatever the **** that means these days).

Personally if i'm going to Plymouth for an away day why on earth would I want to do a there and back in a day anyway?? Even going on FoxTravel or whatever it's called that sounds horrific. 

Just think no matter what time/day a kick off against Plymouth away is, trying to go there and back in a day doesn't sound like a smashing idea!

Yes Sky never think it through, but I think even outside of Sky, anyone considering Plymouth away probably needs to consider it as a two dayer anyway! (not sure why you wouldn't if you're going all that way and you're so close to a nice day out in Dartmoor/Devon on the way back up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I think someone who can afford to travel down to Plymouth on a Friday, plus the cost of tickets, plus the cost of their (likely) season ticket, can probably afford a dirt cheap hotel for the night if they're that desperate to go. Is anyone who does every away day likely to be 'working class'?? (whatever the **** that means these days).

Personally if i'm going to Plymouth for an away day why on earth would I want to do a there and back in a day anyway?? Even going on FoxTravel or whatever it's called that sounds horrific. 

Just think no matter what time/day a kick off against Plymouth away is, trying to go there and back in a day doesn't sound like a smashing idea!

Yes Sky never think it through, but I think even outside of Sky, anyone considering Plymouth away probably needs to consider it as a two dayer anyway! (not sure why you wouldn't if you're going all that way and you're so close to a nice day out in Dartmoor/Devon on the way back up.

yeah i get that, but this is just an example or how poorly the match going fan is treated. As Perma has said Plymouth play Rotherham on a Friday night?! not sure that is really going to pull in a big audience and they have more than likely just put it on to fill their clubs quota.  

It will never stop until the fans do something. The fans wont do anything though as if people did boycott others would just snap up the tickets. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

yeah i get that, but this is just an example or how poorly the match going fan is treated. As Perma has said Plymouth play Rotherham on a Friday night?! not sure that is really going to pull in a big audience and they have more than likely just put it on to fill their clubs quota.  

It will never stop until the fans do something. The fans wont do anything though as if people did boycott others would just snap up the tickets. 

I think it's more important we get a result anyway, rather than make a pointless protest that wouldn't change anything. A full away end that have travelled that far on a Friday night, would mean a lot more to the players and manager than an empty stand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Viva said:

I think it's more important we get a result anyway, rather than make a pointless protest that wouldn't change anything. A full away end that have travelled that far on a Friday night, would mean a lot more to the players and manager than an empty stand.

:rolleyes: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As much as you’re right about not wanting to go for just the day, people now have to take an extra day off work that they wouldn’t originally had to and some who were planning to go may now not be able to do. 

Let alone the traffic situation of the M5 on a Friday. 

• Like 4

Guest leatherhead32
3 minutes ago, Bert said:

As much as you’re right about not wanting to go for just the day, people now have to take an extra day off work that they wouldn’t originally had to and some who were planning to go may now not be able to do. 

Let alone the traffic situation of the M5 on a Friday. 

bert makes good points, 4me trips like that seemed a great idea years ago and had loads of laughs b4 and after game slumming it ect  but now happy its on tv as a senior citizen aka old b*****d  there used to be loads more to the whole thing than the game its self, when tv changed ko days at first i was 29 30 yr old but soon got positives from it ie 1993 last day at newcastle on a sunday , lost 7.1 but ad a few b4 game round newcastle being growled at haha then tinned up on way home to local but the best was goin into work at cliquey jessops the next day and still drunk ish ,no one spoke to me apart from other city fans (nice lads) best day i ever had there being left alone by the  3 c***s i was in a team with . ps they dint do football 

4 hours ago, promised land said:

That’s the answer is it?

We live on a very small island but still have 3-4 hour travelling to grounds and get bent over by tv companies so we should dig deep and spend on hotel accommodation?

This season I’ve made a decision, no Saturday 3pm kick off away then I simply won’t go and I have kept to it, also any stupid ticket prices, Cov, Chelsea etc no thanks.

Luckily so far games haven’t been moved after ticket sale dates so I’ve been ok, not sure if they can still be moved after, Arsenal away in Prem winning season springs to mind though. Yes I did go but now I wouldn’t.

It’s an answer yes.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What would a protest be? En masse not turning up wouldn’t affect them. We all have to switch off from sky. Get iptv. Get these rats where it hurts 

Yes. I'm interested to know how many slate Sky then pay for it? Or go to a pub to watch it?

Leeds fans are the only fanbase I've heard that sing anti-Sky songs, but then I also wonder how many pay for it as well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s shocking that we only get £10,000 in TV money for an away game. Barely anybody is tuning in to watch for Plymouth - the draw is the club top of the table.

Can the club not refuse to move the game? Or do they simply not care?

They don't put games on general sale when not sold out. I think I can make an educated guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Yes. I'm interested to know how many slate Sky then pay for it? Or go to a pub to watch it?

Leeds fans are the only fanbase I've heard that sing anti-Sky songs, but then I also wonder how many pay for it as well.

A lot on here slate tv companies and I guess buy it  monthly, I had sky on and off since the early 90’s but booted it 4 years ago when the basic package and sports went over £50 a month, for me that was it and haven’t had it since or ever will again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goose2010 said:

and this is why fans will always get shafted as some obviously dont see it as a problem. 

Football certainly isnt for the working class now. 

Not everyone can just drop everything and get a days holiday and afford to book a hotel and they shouldnt have to! 

I was being facetious. I agree with you really. 

8 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What would a protest be? En masse not turning up wouldn’t affect them. We all have to switch off from sky. Get iptv. Get these rats where it hurts 

All sorts. In Germany, it's taken the form of active protests at games like atmosphere boycotts, refusing to be in the ground for periods of the game, cobbing tennis balls on the pitch etc. Basically it's all about ruining the broadcaster or governing body's product for TV audiences - and it's a tactic that's worked in relation to multiple causes in recent years.

Realistically, an en masse boycott just is never going to happen (look at how UFS were treated by their fellow fans at Arsenal in 2016, for example, trying to get people to boycott five minutes of a game) and - as matchgoing fans - cancelling your subscription, if you have one (I personally never have and never will), is futile because you're vastly outnumbered by armchair fans who don't give a shit anyway.

Your only recourse is to get organised at games and act. Sadly, England remains one of the few countries going where football fans don't realise that.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Does anyone here get annual leave and have access to booking.com?

I realise it's not ideal but some of you go on like you've just been drafted in to fight Russia when this sort of thing happens.

This is part of the problem (not you directly mate, but this kind of thinking) the theft of football from the fans isn't happening in one go it happens piece by piece a little at a time over the years until slowly there is nothing for us. We saw with the super league what happens if they try for too much too soon but we know exactly where it's heading. I watch German football enviously where there is collectivism and real fan power, they don't stand for any of this shite.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

This is part of the problem (not you directly mate, but this kind of thinking) the theft of football from the fans isn't happening in one go it happens piece by piece a little at a time over the years until slowly there is nothing for us. We saw with the super league what happens if they try for too much too soon but we know exactly where it's heading. I watch German football enviously where there is collectivism and real fan power, they don't stand for any of this shite.

Germans must laugh at us. 

Don't think we really won the war

How many times is it now that we’ve played live in front of the nation and lost? I seem to only remember us beating brum when sky were trying to big up the Vardy Rooney bore fest. Should ban sky cameras for the rest of the season!