Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

"All opening, final day, and midweek fixtures in the Sky Bet EFL will be shown live, as will all games played on Bank Holidays including Easter, Boxing Day and New Year's Day alongside the matches played in Sky Bet League One and League Two during international breaks."

That's a bulk or the games right there 

Irrespective of which league we are in next season it looks like 3pm Saturday kick offs will become a novelty. If the club don't support a sustainable transport system and cheaper parking I can see people like me considering if a season ticket is really viable in this cost of living crisis. At least I'm retired, it will be a nightmare for people who work shifts and I pity the supporters who travel to away games. Watching live is by far the best way to support your team but I wonder if the clubs and league really care when they have sold their soul to TV.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxgas said:

Irrespective of which league we are in next season it looks like 3pm Saturday kick offs will become a novelty. If the club don't support a sustainable transport system and cheaper parking I can see people like me considering if a season ticket is really viable in this cost of living crisis. At least I'm retired, it will be a nightmare for people who work shifts and I pity the supporters who travel to away games. Watching live is by far the best way to support your team but I wonder if the clubs and league really care when they have sold their soul to TV.

Same for me. I've more or less given up on matches moved to midweek for TV. It involves my son taking one and a half days off work. It's becoming increasing likely that I'm coming towards the end of my time as a STH. It doesn't help when the club make it near on impossible to pass the tickets on resulting in empty seats.

• Like 1

Fitting in all these games alongside the PL is going to lead to some weird time slots isn't it?

• Like 1

I don't know about anyone else but another key motivator for me to want us to be promoted is so I don't have to sit through the utter dross that is the EFL highlights show. Everything about it feels crap and that bloody saxophone solo at the ad breaks goes through me like a hot knife through butter.  

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Fitting in all these games alongside the PL is going to lead to some weird time slots isn't it?

You’d imagine there’s going to be a Friday night game. 12:30 Saturday, 5:30 or 8pm Saturday, 12pm Sunday and probably Monday night when there’s no PL. Wouldn’t even be surprised if they had a late Sunday evening game. Also the potential for the Thursday night. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

I don't know about anyone else but another key motivator for me to want us to be promoted is so I don't have to sit through the utter dross that is the EFL highlights show. Everything about it feels crap and that bloody saxophone solo at the ad breaks goes through me like a hot knife through butter.  

You could always just watch the highlights when they go up straight after the game 😂

31 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

You could always just watch the highlights when they go up straight after the game 😂

Which ones? I want to watch all the championship highlights on the TV à la Match of the Day for the PL. You'd think for the amount of fans the 72 clubs in the EFL have they'd be able to make a decent highlights show.

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Which ones? I want to watch all the championship highlights on the TV à la Match of the Day for the PL. You'd think for the amount of fans the 72 clubs in the EFL have they'd be able to make a decent highlights show.

I just go on YouTube after the match. I haven't watched Championship highlights since Maniche and Steve Claridge. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bert said:

You’d imagine there’s going to be a Friday night game. 12:30 Saturday, 5:30 or 8pm Saturday, 12pm Sunday and probably Monday night when there’s no PL. Wouldn’t even be surprised if they had a late Sunday evening game. Also the potential for the Thursday night. 

Yep, 12.30pm and 5.30pm are regular this season already, more so the 12.30 slot to sometimes rival TNT's PL showing. 

I wonder if they'll end up splitting some midweek fixtures - perhaps 6pm and 8pm? Or 7.15pm and 8. 15pm like they do with some PL games. 

There's gonna be too much football on at any given time. Overkill is approaching! 

If I am reading this right 5 games of 12 will be on tv every weekend. So that’s ten home games of 23….if we are still in the Championship it makes season tickets next season an interesting proposition, particularly as they will be itching to get prices/renewals up and running, but can’t as we don’t know where we are playing…..why would you pay for 23 matches, knowing almost half are on TV…..

49 minutes ago, Reg Vardy said:

If I am reading this right 5 games of 12 will be on tv every weekend. So that’s ten home games of 23….if we are still in the Championship it makes season tickets next season an interesting proposition, particularly as they will be itching to get prices/renewals up and running, but can’t as we don’t know where we are playing…..why would you pay for 23 matches, knowing almost half are on TV…..

Because nothing compares to watching your team at the ground. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reg Vardy said:

You can watch every football match around the world live now on iptv. People like me still buy season tickets because nothing compares to being there 

• Like 1

Agreed, both of you, but the current mess (60 years a supporter) is the worst in that time….we will have points deductions, we will have to sell our best players, and whatever division it likely won’t be an easy watch….don’t think I am alone in questioning what Leicester City we will be watching…..or in what division….and whether the £900 (2 x Oap) investment in addition to Sky subscription represent good value…..

6 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

But most people don't know it. Every time a game moves people react as if it's like the first time it's happened. I remember reading a few comments as we slipped down the league last season that "at least we'll get 3pm kick offs back" conveniently forgetting 13/14 have us one 3pm home kick off in the final 4 months of the season.

Unfortunately the FA Cup replay debacle means that there will be virtually no objections from many clubs as TV money becomes essential for extra revenue. Sky have no concerns about whether fans attend the games or not. Apart from one or two close up shots of agony on kids faces or Leeds dancing in the stands to Kaiser Chiefs, they rarely mention the crowd.

8 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Agreed, both of you, but the current mess (60 years a supporter) is the worst in that time….we will have points deductions, we will have to sell our best players, and whatever division it likely won’t be an easy watch….don’t think I am alone in questioning what Leicester City we will be watching…..or in what division….and whether the £900 (2 x Oap) investment in addition to Sky subscription represent good value…..

That’s a large part to do with the pure incompetence of our own club though. There’s lots of drivel online about how the big guys cheat etc, this is real life, do what you can to win. The clowns in charge of lcfc are clear losers hence our relegation and all the charges.

Anyway, that’s football. There’s ups, downs and everything in between. Personally that’s why I love it.

You’re right to question a sky subscription, it’s an utterly scandalous waste of money. Iptv will cost you £50 a year for 9000 channels 

8 hours ago, Bert said:

All fair points, but that’s what being a supporter is about, isn’t it? 

Majority of us in here were there when we were at our actual lowest in league one…. Many of us have seen us go through administration wondering whether the club would still cease to exist. But we still turned up. 

I know whatever our situation is, I would regret giving my season ticket up. My brother had a season ticket for the great escape season and gave it up after just one season and it’s taken from then until this season for him to get one back. 

Obviously as well we are at very different stages in life but my 5 year old is bang into it and during those 3/4 hours of walking to the ground, waiting for the team news, brushing past people you know having a quick chat, the game, and then talking about the game after, nothing else matters to me or him and that’s what it’s all about, it’s an escape from pretty much everything. You don’t get that same effect waiting for the game to start on TV. 

Agreed, my extended family did the same after the great escape season. You just know when you give up the ST something extraordinary will happen. That’s lcfc 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed, my extended family did the same after the great escape season. You just know when you give up the ST something extraordinary will happen. That’s lcfc 

That is for sure, and can go either way......!!!!