Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Games selected for TV 23/24

I’m absolutely fuming! Plymouth away on a Friday night is a disgrace, even more so when most of us have work before a 200 mile each way trip! I’d convinced the missus to go providing there was a chance of food and drink and an overnight stay in a seaside hotel but she’ll not want to sit in the room on her own while I’m at the match! (And we are too old to start partying past 10:00pm)!

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’d argue this season has been worse than the Premier League for moved games

Let's not forget our last season down here under Pearson we had one 3pm Saturday kick off after January.

It's a shocking decision, a 12.30 Saturday would have been bad but 2000 fans will be getting home at 3am 😑

Guest glasgowfox
10 hours ago, Foxinmarkfield said:

I’m absolutely fuming! Plymouth away on a Friday night is a disgrace, even more so when most of us have work before a 200 mile each way trip! I’d convinced the missus to go providing there was a chance of food and drink and an overnight stay in a seaside hotel but she’ll not want to sit in the room on her own while I’m at the match! (And we are too old to start partying past 10:00pm)!

Whilst I feel your pain mate, it's a much harder sell living in glasgow and trying to convince the Mrs to do a 650 mile round trip with the promise of food and drink and an overnight stay in a hotel in Leicester :scarf:

Only way we do something about it is if the club backed the fans (which they wont) all they need to do is say there will be no foxes travel for this game and we strong advise anyone from travelling. 

IF fans wanted to boycott then this is the game to do it. 

Then just send 3 or 4 down with a banner 'Football is nothing without fans, Thanks Sky' 

Edited by goose2010

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Only way we do something about it is if the club backed the fans (which they wont) all they need to do is say there will be no foxes travel for this game and we strong advise anyone from travelling. 

Then just send 3 or 4 down with a banner 'Football is nothing without fans, Thanks Sky' 

It’s shocking that we only get £10,000 in TV money for an away game. Barely anybody is tuning in to watch for Plymouth - the draw is the club top of the table.

Can the club not refuse to move the game? Or do they simply not care?

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

It’s shocking that we only get £10,000 in TV money for an away game. Barely anybody is tuning in to watch for Plymouth - the draw is the club top of the table.

Can the club not refuse to move the game? Or do they simply not care?

not sure they get much say as imagine its apart of the league contracts with the TV companies but not 100% sure on that. 

Sky 100% dont care about the fans that go to the games but the clubs need to start standing up for the fans. 

26 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

wish this could happen, but no chance of that with our fan base

29 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Then you’d have the scores of people saying the club don’t want fans at matches etc etc 

They should make a stand and release a strongly worded statement threatening action due to this move. It’ll make no difference but it shows the club acknowledge the madness of it all to fans. Or pay for coach travel for fans.

In 13/14 when we went up I swear they gave us money back due to all the Friday night home match moves? Or did I imagine that. 

But we all accepted sky into the game so this is the price we pay. Plus as arguably the least inconvenienced club in the country, geographically, maybe other fans don’t have as much sympathy.