Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

Tour de France 2023

Superb stage today. Very different opening to normal. 

The battles between Jumbo and UAE have really created a proper rivalry that was missing from Sky/Inoes dominance. I’d be a bit worried if I was Vingegaard that van Aert didn’t have the legs today. Whereas Yates played that role for Pogacar today. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Sorry for such a stupid question...

Do we have a British rider that has a chance of winning anything this year?

Depends what you mean by anything. 

A British rider won the first stage today - in the process become the first set of identical twins to finish 1-2 in a race . I’d say five of British (7in total) could win a stage. 

Mark Cavendish if he wins a stage at his final tour will become the record holder for the most stage wins ever. Which is a simply amazing feat. 

In terms of winning the jerseys, no. Two huge favourites for yellow are from Slovenia and Denmark. I don’t think Cavendish has any interest in the green. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Depends what you mean by anything. 

A British rider won the first stage today - in the process become the first set of identical twins to finish 1-2 in a race . I’d say five of British (7in total) could win a stage. 

Mark Cavendish if he wins a stage at his final tour will become the record holder for the most stage wins ever. Which is a simply amazing feat. 

In terms of winning the jerseys, no. Two huge favourites for yellow. I don’t think Cavendish has any interest in the green. 

Could Cav break the record?

Big stage today. Vingegaard getting ahead of Pogacar. Both teams who’ve looked so strong, got played today but the Dane managed to get nearly a minute. 

However, Hindley could be a contender. That was superb today and I think most have slept on him given his Giro win

• Like 1

It was an entertaining ride but if one of these two comes unstuck with injury or just doesn't have the legs then the whole race is a procession 

I hope they can really push each other as these two are taking the race back to the good old days of duels and genuine race craft 

For me..still the greatest sport…To pace & challenge as a team & individuals.

Having to Find your wind,more times through the day. All riders linked to being some important cog & provider for team,teammate,the sport.

Individual daily skills on display,even away from the major shirts, real bravery on display..split 2nd awareness,or whole day awareness and reassessing..

Love & admired the sport..Loved it since Tommy Simpson days.

Got more ( bias) spectacular & interesting as Irish,British names came to the the fore,though fanatical ,decades well before..