Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Woody1962

George Hirst

I think it would be nice to see us in the end of a deal that we consider good. A lot of noise saying Maddison was too low, winks too high for example.. Ipswich saying that have got a bargain after initial rumours suggesting it was 4m. I know there are add ons but realistically they probably won’t go up. 

not kicking off but does anyone think we over pay and under sell a little bit? 

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

I think it would be nice to see us in the end of a deal that we consider good. A lot of noise saying Maddison was too low, winks too high for example.. Ipswich saying that have got a bargain after initial rumours suggesting it was 4m. I know there are add ons but realistically they probably won’t go up. 

Smoke and mirrors. Who knows the structure of any deals or how much changes hands when most seem to be an 'undisclosed' fee. The Maddison deal was possibly a crafty move to not pay so much % to Norwich. Don't know but if Winks was really £6m plus add ons up to £10m then I think we've done OK. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

We used up all our selling techniques on Maguire lol

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Raj said:

Almost giving him away.

Bad bit of business by us, but it doesnt suprise me in the least.

Thing is as Hirst, Castagne, Ndidi, Vestergaard , Praet etc.etc. have been dismissed on this , an open forum, as rubbish.  Why should anybody pay any money for them?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, DezFox said:

Rudkin mate, innit 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DezFox said:

I was thinking the same thing. When was the last time we felt like we got a bargain or more money than we should have. Even Fofana felt like they fleeced us for what he was worth because of the way he forced our hand. 

We got good money for chillwell and drinky but it never felt like more than they were actually worth at the time they were purchased.  Probably deserved more for Riyad... definitely did with Kante.   Was musa the last time we genuinely left a deal thinking... blimey how have we got that? 

Does reflect overall how bad at negotiating weve been. Not sure I buy into us getting a good deal because a players not performed after they left... as its the actual moment you sell and their  value in that moment that counts, fofana going on to be shit is luck rather than a good deal. 

The Maguire fee is the only real deal where you look at it and go, "we've had their pants down"  But that was also the deal that got us a reputation of being too hard to deal with. 

The last fee that was actually a good deal was Lookman... and we didnt bloody sign him 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1