Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

Rebuild Paused

On 26/07/2023 at 19:03, CosbehFox said:

The club went on complete close down of action until the final week of June despite the situation look incredible pivotal. 

As Stadt says, Burnley had signed 9 players by this time last year - with a further player to follow on 28th July. They'd sold £30 million worth of players by now and had loaned Weghorst off their wage bill. 

Eventually they brought in 19 players by deadline day! 11 out. 

Quick, decisive, and on the money from a club which has never previously know for excellent playing trading. Just got their heads down without arrogance and did very well. 

Is so important to get business done early, our leadership just seems so incapable.

• Like 1

Referenced in a few places (Maresca, few posters here) that we'll have a few outgoings to come. 

Who do we think they'll be?

For me, I think it'll be: 

- Soumare (seems to have disappeared from all squads)

- Castagne (linked away a lot) 

- Ward/Iversen (unlikely we'll keep both) 

Nacho (unsure on this one, he's linked away a bit)

We'll probably see a few loans etc as well 

Too be fair whilst we haven’t closed any deals out whilst we have been on tour, it will not stopped the club having dialogue with other clubs and agents about potential departures and incoming players.

The transfer market as a whole has been pretty quiet over the last couple of weeks with so many clubs away on tours. I really do expect it to move at pace this week. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Faes, Kristensen and Praet move on fairly sharpish given their absence from yesterdays squad. 

8 hours ago, Dames said:

One quick skim of this thread pretty much confirms that @Lillehamring is 100% on the KP payroll.

Just because i don't agree with you and have an open mind regarding events that have happened and things that have not doesn't mean I agree with everything they've done or that i am happy about how things are.  For what it's worth there are many issues i have, but i'm a positive person, i don't feel the need to whine on about every mistake or actively go looking for things to find fault with,  And i certainly won't make accusations based on assumption, guesswork or simply because i don't like someone.

If you don't appreciate my contribution to this forum you don't have to read what i post - i assure you there are more posters here that i skip than i read. ;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Just because i don't agree with you and have an open mind regarding events that have happened and things that have not doesn't mean I agree with everything they've done or that i am happy about how things are.  For what it's worth there are many issues i have, but i'm a positive person, i don't feel the need to whine on about every mistake or actively go looking for things to find fault with,  And i certainly won't make accusations based on assumption, guesswork or simply because i don't like someone.

If you don't appreciate my contribution to this forum you don't have to read what i post - i assure you there are more posters here that i skip than i read. ;)

I’m only giving you a bit of light hearted stick mate but positive people dont last long around here. You all succumb to the dark side eventually. 

I could live with the following leaving, either for hard cash, or out on loan:

Iversen/Ward 

Smithies

Castagne

Vestergaard

Soumare

Ideally I'd like all the rest to stay, at least until Xmas, to see where we are at.

then, bring in 

1 young CB

1 attacking playmaking midfilder

1 wide attacking RHS fwd

25 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

Be surprised to see anyone else come in before the weekend, no need links lately also.

Outs needed now before more come in??

Agree, i think we would need the wage bill lowering before more can come in.

Still got some big hitters Vestergaard, Castagna, Praet, Faes, Soumare who don't want to be here anyway. Shifting them isnt an easy task! Rudkin or No Rudkin.

12 hours ago, Dames said:

I’m only giving you a bit of light hearted stick mate but positive people dont last long around here. You all succumb to the dark side eventually. 

Fair enough - i think the reason i sacked off FT was due to all the negativity, but i remember you from when i first visited FT years ago, and you weren't a dick ;) I guess the last two years have got under your skin - i get that - but i'm too old now to dwell on the bad shit.

• Like 1