Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DezFox

Deadline Day Predictions

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Did most of our work early on.

GK, CB X 2, LW, CAM, CM, RW x 2 8 players in, hopefully 1 more to come.

4 players sold, 2 loaned out and maybe 2 more( add to the 7 players out of contract)

Not sure what people expected. 

Not having 250k worth of wages not even in the squad and not  having 5 first team goalkeepers 😂

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think the biggest complaint for me is that we've actively frozen people out that apparently we've been nowhere near really getting rid of. That's the part that irks me.

It's okay to prefer Harwood-Bellis to Souttar, it's okay to prefer Chair to Soumare, it's okay to prefer Cannon to Daka. But unless you can 100% guarantee that they're off (which clearly we never could) then why weren't they getting fit? Why weren't they getting integrated in to the system? Why weren't they getting minutes in cup games?

Southampton and Leeds have managed to sell plenty of their players whilst still playing them and getting use out of them up until the moment they left. Not only are they getitng value out of their assets, they're also putting them in the shop window. Maybe we play Daka in the cup the other day instead of putting Dennis fvcking Praet at false 09, he comes on, he scores a couple and it convinces someone to buy him?

Yeah they could get injured but you can get injured just from training, it seems dumb completely denying these people football just for that.

Now none of the fvckers are going and what happens next? Are we going to pay them to do nothing? Are they all on good terms with Maresca? Can they be re-integrated? What's the deal? The whole thing has just been handedly so fvcking bizarrely and now we've not sold them it's like we've got another pre-season to do all over again.

I can see where you're coming from, but don't agree.

Look at our start vs Leeds - we've had a much better run and a big reason for that has been the unity of purpose among the players. We've largely stuck with players that likely to stay at the club and morale seems very good. It also provides clarity to the team on where they stand, and the best thing for me about our start apart from the 100% record obviously is seeing so many youth products getting an opportunity. 

Add in some of the wantaway players, I don't think we start the season as strongly and don't think a couple of decent performances in the league cup will have made clubs stand up and take notice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think the biggest complaint for me is that we've actively frozen people out that apparently we've been nowhere near really getting rid of. That's the part that irks me.

It's okay to prefer Harwood-Bellis to Souttar, it's okay to prefer Chair to Soumare, it's okay to prefer Cannon to Daka. But unless you can 100% guarantee that they're off (which clearly we never could) then why weren't they getting fit? Why weren't they getting integrated in to the system? Why weren't they getting minutes in cup games?

Southampton and Leeds have managed to sell plenty of their players whilst still playing them and getting use out of them up until the moment they left. Not only are they getitng value out of their assets, they're also putting them in the shop window. Maybe we play Daka in the cup the other day instead of putting Dennis fvcking Praet at false 09, he comes on, he scores a couple and it convinces someone to buy him?

Yeah they could get injured but you can get injured just from training, it seems dumb completely denying these people football just for that.

Now none of the fvckers are going and what happens next? Are we going to pay them to do nothing? Are they all on good terms with Maresca? Can they be re-integrated? What's the deal? The whole thing has just been handedly so fvcking bizarrely and now we've not sold them it's like we've got another pre-season to do all over again.

I have a very different view. 

I think it's great that we have played hard ball with these players and I hope we continue to do so, unless they truly want to get stuck in and aid the cause. 

I think we suffered last season because we pandered to much to some players- Youri, and not to others- Soyuncu. 

This nonsense that they are somehow better than the Championship or even to big for Leicester City is frankly turning out to be career suicide for them. We've won 6 on the bounce without them and nobody has taken them. Hopefully, they might realise they need to earn the shirt of the club they play for, put in a shift and then their 'dreams' may become reality. 

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Spot on. Seemed smart at the time but not look’s ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

I have a very different view. 

I think it's great that we have played hard ball with these players and I hope we continue to do so, unless they truly want to get stuck in and aid the cause. 

I think we suffered last season because we pandered to much to some players- Youri, and not to others- Soyuncu. 

This nonsense that they are somehow better than the Championship or even to big for Leicester City is frankly turning out to be career suicide for them. We've won 6 on the bounce without them and nobody has taken them. Hopefully, they might realise they need to earn the shirt of the club they play for, put in a shift and then their 'dreams' may become reality. 

We can't force anyone to buy these players and it's not their fault their values and contracts are vastly beyond the ability of clubs in Europe to buy. And Soyuncu is a perfect example of why this policy is moronic, we probably wouldn't be in the Championship if we had a competent manager last year who hadn't exiled him from the team in favour of Daniel fvcking Amartey.

Just now, Finnegan said:

We can't force anyone to buy these players and it's not their fault their values and contracts are vastly beyond the ability of clubs in Europe to buy. And Soyuncu is a perfect example of why this policy is moronic, we probably wouldn't be in the Championship if we had a competent manager last year who hadn't exiled him from the team in favour of Daniel fvcking Amartey.

They chose to sign the contracts offered to them. They chose to come and play for Leicester City. They chose to say I don't want to play in the Championship. 

20 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Not having 250k worth of wages not even in the squad and not  having 5 first team goalkeepers 😂

1 keeper signed as a number 1, 2 academy products, an essential no.3 last season and a player no sod wants. How the hell do you negotiate a deal when you're the only one sat at the table?

2 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

They chose to sign the contracts offered to them. They chose to come and play for Leicester City. They chose to say I don't want to play in the Championship. 

There's literally no evidence for that. Especially in cases like Souttar, you think Harry Souttar is downing tools because he refuses to play in the Championship? 

Contracts and commitments work both ways. We made a deal with these players and offered them contracts for four, five, if not more, years. We told them move here with your families, come to Leicester and we'll pay you handsomely.

Now we're saying, sorry, we can't afford those wages and the new manager doesn't like your style so fvck off. 

And you want those players to now go and accept less money and uproot their families again to go and sign for someone, anyone really, just so the football club you support can throw away MORE tens of millions of pounds to promise MORE players years worth of high wages? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's literally no evidence for that. Especially in cases like Souttar, you think Harry Souttar is downing tools because he refuses to play in the Championship? 

Contracts and commitments work both ways. We made a deal with these players and offered them contracts for four, five, if not more, years. We told them move here with your families, come to Leicester and we'll pay you handsomely.

Now we're saying, sorry, we can't afford those wages and the new manager doesn't like your style so fvck off. 

And you want those players to now go and accept less money and uproot their families again to go and sign for someone, anyone really, just so the football club you support can throw away MORE tens of millions of pounds to promise MORE players years worth of high wages? 

Has there been a massive influx of muppets who just believe and repeat every negative they read on here or am I getting more impatient with age?

• Like 1