Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DezFox

Deadline Day Predictions

I generally make sure I'm off work on DD and it's usually a waste with nothing happening. 

I couldn't avoid it today, I managed to condense my hours from 12-4 but knowing my luck, it'll be action packed between those hours and I'll spend the rest of the night trying to catch up on all the sh!t puns I missed!

Out - 

Daka £16m + add ons to prem 

Ndidi £15m + add ons to Florist 

Souttar loan to Rangers 

Soumare loan to Seville

Praet loan to Torino 

Iversen to god knows who but think he will go today

Ins - 

Cannon £5m + add ons

Chair £7m + add ons 

THB - loan with option to buy £15m in summer 

• Thanks 1

In - 2 replacing Ndidi & Nacho, possibly 3 if a bid for Faes comes in.

Out - Ndidi & Nacho both go for a fee, Soumare and the rest of the outcasts out on loan.

Wildcard - We keep all 3 keepers.

Nothing much happens on the morning of DD, it will pick up from 3pm onwards. Remember how long it took to announce Souttar in Jan.

• Like 2

What I'd realistically like to happen is Ward/Iversen, Souttar, Ndidi, Daka and Soumare out. 

Mcatee/Chair, Cannon and a left sided CB in.

What I think will happen is Ward/Iversen, Daka, Soumare, Souttar out. 

Cannon in. 

5 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

Jason bourne and owynn palmer atkin both reporting it’s unlikely to be more than 1 coming in, with the focus on out goings.

hopefully that one is a striker. A Cm and Cb is a bonus but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

Hard to square these pseudo-official pronouncements with yesterday's posts by @Sambiasso and @ramadaone?

And no, I'm neither fishing for nor expecting either of these ITKs to provide a running commentary on DD!

I see Cannon & Chair being the only 2 incomings.

Don’t see Forest getting Sangare so they’ll push through with Ndidi who we then replace with Chair.

Daka will probs go Milan and that’s when Cannon comes in.

Soumaré will go too, but Souttar will stay imo.

11 minutes ago, Lcfcokay said:

Jason bourne and owynn palmer atkin both reporting it’s unlikely to be more than 1 coming in, with the focus on out goings.

hopefully that one is a striker. A Cm and Cb is a bonus but doesn’t look like it’s going to happen.

Is that based on this tweet?

https://x.com/jasonbourne1986/status/1697502725074784470?s=46&t=TChCw7TdhgPKGvqjM9SEDQ

if so, he did say the out goings may affect the incomings

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Knowing us we'll 'wait for outgoings' before doing any deals, but those outgoings will happen at 10.59pm lol

Or they just won't happen at all. 

I think all these signings, even Cannon really, are reliant on people leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if we do none. 

We have this ever year. A bunch of rumoured targets all lined up to sell people we hope to get rid of on deadline day and lo and behold, Dennis Praet is still in the squad when midnight roles round (sorry @Mark

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Hard to square these pseudo-official pronouncements with yesterday's posts by @Sambiasso and @ramadaone?

And no, I'm neither fishing for nor expecting either of these ITKs to provide a running commentary on DD!

My guess is that ramadaone and Holly B both saw / heard about Cannon being shown around Seagrave. That's what "interesting" meant from ramadaone I'm guessing, given it was a name completely out of left field that hadn't come up at all. 

In which case that's consistent with the narrative from Bourne that we're looking at probably one more deal only unless there's a turn in our fortunes regards outgoings. 

Soumare is almost certainly a loan which won't give us enough to go after an attacking midfielder. If he goes permanently or Wilf goes that might change things. Chair looks like a fairly safe bet as there's not a lot of other interest, McAtee would involve us competing with a bunch of other clubs. 

Fairly certain THB was an option if we sold Souttar which doesn't look likely. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

IN: Sydney van Hooijdonk (permanent), Cannon (permanent), Ilias Chair (permanent),  and Taylor Harwood-Bellis (loan)

OUT: Iheanacho (permanent), Ndidi (permanent), Iversen (permanent), Souttar (loan), Soumare (loan) and Daka (loan)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iran said:

IN: Sydney van Hooijdonk (permanent), Cannon (permanent), Ilias Chair (permanent),  and Taylor Harwood-Bellis (loan)

OUT: Iheanacho (permanent), Ndidi (permanent), Iversen (permanent), Souttar (loan), Soumare (loan) and Daka (loan)

lol no chance 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Or they just won't happen at all. 

I think all these signings, even Cannon really, are reliant on people leaving. Wouldn't surprise me if we do none. 

We have this ever year. A bunch of rumoured targets all lined up to sell people we hope to get rid of on deadline day and lo and behold, Dennis Praet is still in the squad when midnight roles round (sorry @Mark

The club are clearly holding out on deals no clubs have had an interest in and will only be absolute desperation for the likes of Praet and Daka. With the fact they have one day to do all this, seems unlikely. 

If the club have multiple high earning players outside the squad come next week then heads have to roll, we couldn't sustain that in the premier league. I'd hoped to be proved wrong but seems a lot of work to do and history would suggest the club don't have that ability.