Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DezFox

Deadline Day Predictions

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

1 keeper signed as a number 1, 2 academy products, an essential no.3 last season and a player no sod wants. How the hell do you negotiate a deal when you're the only one sat at the table?

No idea, it’s still a problem, don’t know how to fix it though. Not offering ward a new deal last year would have been a good start. Not getting rid of kasper without a proper number one. That way you don’t need sign smithies in first place. Honestly though not sure, someone must have been interested in iverson surely? 

2 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Another window passes where we’ve struggled to shift our deadwood and are now lumbered with a squad half full of players not good enough, not committed enough or who are running their contracts down.

Top work Jon.

Explain what he should have done to move these players on.

You are aware that this isn't Victorian Britain?

3 minutes ago, DezFox said:

No idea, it’s still a problem, don’t know how to fix it though. Not offering ward a new deal last year would have been a good start. Not getting rid of kasper without a proper number one. That way you don’t need sign smithies in first place. Honestly though not sure, someone must have been interested in iverson surely? 

It is a mess, part fault and part misfortune, not keeping Kasper for another year seems bizarre now and tbf it did at the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Where is your evidence for this?

Have you got evidence they haven't? 

A quick Google and I've found this from the football insider! I'm not sure how much truth there is in the football insider but I do believe the club sat down with players and many expressed a desire to leave following our relegation. 

For shits and giggles here is a quote from the Insider

It has already been stated that the Foxes are open to cashing in on him - and the Football Insider report has added that they are keen to recoup the vast majority of the £23m they spent on him when they recruited the forward from Red Bull Salzburg back in 2021.

The player doesn't see himself playing in the Championship following his team's relegation - but it remains to be seen whether any interested club can match the amount needed for the forward to be lured away from the Midlands.

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Common theme seems to be high asking prices.

I appreciate it’s hard to shift players but we have struggled for years. Ultimately the responsibility falls at the feet of the Director of Football, whether that be poor negotiating or expensive contracts that are putting clubs off. We have wasted so much money recently on players that have returned little to no resale value.

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

It is a mess, part fault and part misfortune, not keeping Kasper for another year seems bizarre now and tbf it did at the time.

Yeah fair, it’s disappointing. Hopefully turkey opens its doors 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Also perhaps explain how to tempt players (selected by the recruitment team and previous manager) to sign for us without offering them good deals.At least we get good fees for the players that are wanted by others e.g forfuna maguire .

Obviously Enzo is on a Lucrative deal, that's why he came here.if he's shit we won't be able to shift him either.

It's win win on good signings and lose lose on shit signings.We are not unique all clubs are carrying dross and mistakes

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

You're aware this isn't how the burden of evidence works?

Good grief. I only came on here to offer an opinion 😂

Wow. I've been told by one poster I'm dead if a player makes a move. Another demands evidence. I'm just a humble fan that reads lots, enjoys debate and loves Leicester City. 

That's what my opinions are based on. 

I do believe the club is going in the right direction. 6 wins out of 6 shows whatever is going on behind the scenes with players playing or not playing is working. They are all training together as has been pointed out from the photos of them training. 

I also believe, from what I've read, heard, and understand that the club sat players down and 'some' expressed a desire to leave. My understanding is many of those players have left, been sold, or haven't played in the cup or championship yet this season. 

For getting results this has clearly worked. Someone pointed out that other teams that have taken other approaches haven't been so successful. 

I don't see us 'mistreating' players by giving them big contracts, lots of money etc. At present at Leicester you are picked to play based on attitude, attributes and performance. I think that's brilliant. I'd love to see those players who haven't been sold, get in the team because they have demonstrated the above. 

over and out 🙂

55 minutes ago, Product of 84 said:

Have you got evidence they haven't? 

A quick Google and I've found this from the football insider! I'm not sure how much truth there is in the football insider but I do believe the club sat down with players and many expressed a desire to leave following our relegation. 

For shits and giggles here is a quote from the Insider

It has already been stated that the Foxes are open to cashing in on him - and the Football Insider report has added that they are keen to recoup the vast majority of the £23m they spent on him when they recruited the forward from Red Bull Salzburg back in 2021.

The player doesn't see himself playing in the Championship following his team's relegation - but it remains to be seen whether any interested club can match the amount needed for the forward to be lured away from the Midlands.

That’s fair enough I agree with him here.

League One at best 

• Haha 1

Overall, not a terrible window as a whole.

Shame we couldn't offload more of the deadwood but we have brought in some new faces and a couple of exciting looking players.

Would've loved to get a creative player like Chair in but it doesn't look like any other business will happen.

I assume Ward/Iversen will stick around. Souttar may well be integrated back in so we at least have another option if we suffer injuries. 

Soumare I can still see going. Maybe Turkey because that windows open longer?

As it stands, it looks like Daka to b'mouth on loan and Cannon in from Everton for the final day. I'm relatively happy with that. I think Cannon looked handy for Preston and maybe he can replicate some of that here?

Who knows.

UP THE FOXES!

26 minutes ago, longy said:

Overall, not a terrible window as a whole.

Shame we couldn't offload more of the deadwood but we have brought in some new faces and a couple of exciting looking players.

Would've loved to get a creative player like Chair in but it doesn't look like any other business will happen.

I assume Ward/Iversen will stick around. Souttar may well be integrated back in so we at least have another option if we suffer injuries. 

Soumare I can still see going. Maybe Turkey because that windows open longer?

As it stands, it looks like Daka to b'mouth on loan and Cannon in from Everton for the final day. I'm relatively happy with that. I think Cannon looked handy for Preston and maybe he can replicate some of that here?

Who knows.

UP THE FOXES!

Cannon did show some explosive finishing. Up the foxes!

Edited by cropstonfox