Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

Looks like he gets us up now but he’s not the man going forward for me.  Ideally he leaves of his own accord in the summer but he’ll be a massive runner to be first manager sacked if he stays. Can’t see him being given long if we start badly next season. We will never really know whether we would have done better with a different manager or whether Enzo has done wonders so it’s a really open to opinion subject. 

The thing about Enzo is that I genuinely believe he is an exceptional coach. I think he will be an exceptional manager one day. That isn’t the case now. Simple things like utilisation of the squad, in game tactics. Set up. Pro-active management are all lacking. I’m going to say it, I think at this moment he isn’t big enough for LCFC. 

I think if he is truly honest with himself, he will admit he has learnt a lot about himself this season. But I also think if he is truly honest with himself, he will probably admit he shouldn’t be at this level and that’s the big thing. Doesn’t mean he will never get here - because I think he will but he has struggled when faced with many seasoned managers this season. Do we persevere, and allow him to make up the evident gaps in his style or do we need someone with a bit more experience/know-how (regardless of division). Given what is happening to us, I’d say the latter. 

Where we are now, I’d hope he sees it through. He has a lot of respect in that dressing room - which is a huge positive but I don’t think this club and Enzo Maresca are the right fit for where we are as a club right now. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

The thing about Enzo is that I genuinely believe he is an exceptional coach. I think he will be an exceptional manager one day. That isn’t the case now. Simple things like utilisation of the squad, in game tactics. Set up. Pro-active management are all lacking. I’m going to say it, I think at this moment he isn’t big enough for LCFC. 

I think if he is truly honest with himself, he will admit he has learnt a lot about himself this season. But I also think if he is truly honest with himself, he will probably admit he shouldn’t be at this level and that’s the big thing. Doesn’t mean he will never get here - because I think he will but he has struggled when faced with many seasoned managers this season. Do we persevere, and allow him to make up the evident gaps in his style or do we need someone with a bit more experience/know-how (regardless of division). Given what is happening to us, I’d say the latter. 

Where we are now, I’d hope he sees it through. He has a lot of respect in that dressing room - which is a huge positive but I don’t think this club and Enzo Maresca are the right fit for where we are as a club right now. 

Excellent analysis 👏

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He has done fantastic considering the shit show he took over, people expect to much.

Let him bring some players in and see how he gets on next season.

The club is not to big for him at all what a load of nonsense 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OwnGoal said:

Looks like he gets us up now but he’s not the man going forward for me.  Ideally he leaves of his own accord in the summer but he’ll be a massive runner to be first manager sacked if he stays. Can’t see him being given long if we start badly next season. We will never really know whether we would have done better with a different manager or whether Enzo has done wonders so it’s a really open to opinion subject. 

I think even with promotion there is a chance he leaves, he knows with his ideal way of how the game should be played he needs the right players for it, and we not in a position to go out on a shopping spree for him, if he was to quit after getting us promoted he will always be able to say he left us on a high, did his job etc.

We won the last game, but we had very little control of it, I will take any win, but on the subject of Enzo I dont think its working.

Of course if promoted he has earned his chance to keep us in the EPL, and it will be a case of whether he will adapt or do a Kompany.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

What a disrespect 

Well that is depending on how he finishes the season the last 10 games have been patchy to say the least, so if he had a shit start you would give him the whole season then?

Edited by HankMarvin

Just now, HankMarvin said:

Well that depending on how he finishes the season the last 10 games have been patchy to say the least, so if he had a shit start you would give him the whole season then?

Its the same with every team tbh, you can't expect us to win every game.

You think new manager will come in and we win every game lol 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I’m talking about next season, if he has a poor start after 10 what’s really going to change. 
As we saw with Rodgers, a team can capitulate when near the bottom. I mean he has nearly had it happen from top of the league this season, and that with the promotion favourites 

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

in the kindest possible way though, what has he learnt. He’s not changed a damn thing. That’s not learning. We were pretty poor again today and he didn’t look to make changes. 

Just now, HankMarvin said:

I’m talking about next season, if he has a poor start after 10 what’s really going to change. 
As we saw with Rodgers, a team can capitulate when near the bottom. I mean he has nearly had it happen from top of the league this season, and that with the promotion favourites 

You should know after Rodgers we wont get rid after 10 games into a new season.

Why the fck did we employ him just to get us out the champ ? 

Just now, Lambert09 said:

in the kindest possible way though, what has he learnt. He’s not changed a damn thing. That’s not learning. We were pretty poor again today and he didn’t look to make changes. 

If you watched his post match interview he said he is still learning. 

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So if we get rid of Enzo who are we bringing in to do a better job with a squad he's had a year with. He's got us up he deserves some time.

If any muppet suggest **** Steve ****ing Cooper I give up! 

Whats wrong with Steve Cooper?

For reference when I said he might leave, I meant he could choose to leave, we wouldn't sack a manager that won promotion and has the same football ideology as top.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

I agree. I think the learning will come out of the fire in the summer. The mistakes are very much habits that will need adapting. I think he can develop that side. I don’t think we are the club or have the facilities to be the club in our current situation.

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

poor again but still top.

What a shit manager 

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Don't expect to win every game. But I do expect full backs. Not Faes at some kinda weird LB role and Hamza asked to play TWO positions and a  net effect of being bummed bareback literally all game on both flanks. It was a DP of bummings. 

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't expect to win every game. But I do expect full backs. Not Faes at some kinda weird LB role and Hamza asked to play TWO positions and a  net effect of being bummed bareback literally all game on both flanks. It was a DP of bummings. 

you can't please everyone.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

So that's an interesting point. Why do you 'expect' fullbacks? Because yes, that's definitely a fair expectation, but his style of football doesn't need traditional FBs. So we end up in a position where a 'non-traditional' manager is always going to be in conflict with a sizeable number of our supporters. 

I guess that if he gets to the PL, he surely deserves a shot at implementing 'his' style?