Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

9 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

So if we get rid of Enzo who are we bringing in to do a better job with a squad he's had a year with. He's got us up he deserves some time.

If any muppet suggest **** Steve ****ing Cooper I give up! 

I don't want Cooper - and he looked absolutely fu**ed in his last spell at Forest. He became the dejected figure everyone made excuses for when in reality he was offered a lot players from a club who spent a lot of money.  Where we are as a club, an emerging manager could really work. But as fans we need to realise that there is a downside to that where the manager learns on the job. Enzo has outperformed more experienced heads this season, and there is still nothing to suggest an alternative approach would have out performed him.  

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Don't expect to win every game. But I do expect full backs. Not Faes at some kinda weird LB role and Hamza asked to play TWO positions and a  net effect of being bummed bareback literally all game on both flanks. It was a DP of bummings. 

Fullbacks did us proud last season?

Our best one we have can't play the position anymore without his body breaking down. Its funny that those who want a change so much, want that change to be what wasn't working for us before. 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's been rumbled. It would've been rumbled much earlier had teams not paid us as much respect as they did. 

One simple,.routine loss of possession in midfield (which can happen to anyone) when we are on the ball  in this absurd and the 'full back' is horribly stranded and left to make a desperate recovery run. 

Meanwhile on the other side, we have Fatawu pinned back helping out at left back half the time as Faes is being skinned alive. 

The system is absolutely tosh. Total garbage 

It's a bit like you're opinion total garbage

We are top of the league.

If anything this style will be better viewing in the Prem, you are so blinkered though you can't see it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I like him it’s nothing personal but he’s shown his inexperience and limitations the last 2 months. He may turn out to be a brilliant manager but greater flexibility and in game management is needed. Southgate’s the same just not agile enough doesn’t dictate or change when required. Just more and more of the same 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Full backs work for 99.9% of teams. 

And we were relegated by the manager refusing to play a goalkeeper last season, not because we played full.backs. 

Last season was not just because of a goalkeeper. There were problems everywhere, and our defence including the full backs were a huge part of it. All of them struggled.

If we played full backs this season and got 91 points after 43 games would that then have been a success?

I saw a recovery truck on the motorway on my way home from a firm called ‘Enzo’. It had a posh looking car on the back as well, so I’m taking that as a good sign from the boss that we have recovered and are on our way up.

The lack of changes frustrated me today, and everyone around me. We also got very lucky as they missed about 3 or 4 great chances. We’re in a strong position now though… what a ridiculous club we are. Always doing it the hard way.

• Like 1

I'd love to see some stats on goals we've conceded between 65-75 minutes this season.

Seems to me that by 65 minutes everyone's starting to blow out of their arse so the opposition makes a double or triple sub while Enzo sticks.

Then our knackered players start dropping off and the oppositions fresh legs results in a goal.

Can't for the life of me work out why he leaves it so late to make changes.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I'd love to see some stats on goals we've conceded between 65-75 minutes this season.

Seems to me that by 65 minutes everyone's starting to blow out of their arse so the opposition makes a double or triple sub while Enzo sticks.

Then our knackered players start dropping off and the oppositions fresh legs results in a goal.

That is the baffling one and something he needs to work on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

14 from 75th minute +

It's my number 1 annoyance with Enzo, his subs are always too late

• Like 1

I have had a go and been over reacting to some bad results, but you have to remember how experienced is he? in fact what championship experience does he have… Well Farke at Leeds has far more experience and a side more than capable but still struggling. My question is this are we being overly harsh? He has stepped into a side that has Rodgers mentality and we lost our 3 best players… sometimes you just need to reflect. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

People are saying he couldn’t do it in the Prem because he is making hard work here. A decent summer and giving how much Prem football he has been exposed too, maybe we need to calm down a bit. I need to calm down a bit, 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Whats wrong with Steve Cooper?

For reference when I said he might leave, I meant he could choose to leave, we wouldn't sack a manager that won promotion and has the same football ideology as top.

His football style is disgusting, he's ex Forest and looks like one of the goonies. He would be a massive backwards step in technical ability. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Chelmofox said:

Last season was not just because of a goalkeeper. There were problems everywhere, and our defence including the full backs were a huge part of it. All of them struggled.

If we played full backs this season and got 91 points after 43 games would that then have been a success?

This is such a bizarre take. We went down playing with fullbacks so getting rid of them is a smart move? Almost every team in world football plays standard fullbacks. Playing with an inverted one is a fairly bizarre choice especially as we have only a single player who can play it competently. We were relegated with centrebacks as well and two centre mids but we're not going to do away with them. The most sensible position to do away with is surely the lone striker not your right back. And whilst it wasnt solely the goalkeeper, player wise Danny Ward was far more responsible for relegation than anyone else.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

This is such a bizarre take. We went down playing with fullbacks so getting rid of them is a smart move? Almost every team in world football plays standard fullbacks. Playing with an inverted one is a fairly bizarre choice especially as we have only a single player who can play it competently. We were relegated with centrebacks as well and two centre mids but we're not going to do away with them. The most sensible position to do away with is surely the lone striker not your right back. And whilst it wasnt solely the goalkeeper, player wise Danny Ward was far more responsible for relegation than anyone else.

I disagree obviously Ward wasn't great but playing the defense he did is what cost us and players that didn't want to be here or was leaving at the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I have had a go and been over reacting to some bad results, but you have to remember how experienced is he? in fact what championship experience does he have… Well Farke at Leeds has far more experience and a side more than capable but still struggling. My question is this are we being overly harsh? He has stepped into a side that has Rodgers mentality and we lost our 3 best players… sometimes you just need to reflect. 

Yes . Good points . I too overreact with some of our performances and agree with the assertion we may be a bit hyper critical on these boards  but I don’t believe that some of the main criticisms ( persisting with underperforming players , ignoring strong leadership types , refusal to adapt tactics , poor use of substitutes and a tendency to surrender the initiative too easily) are without merit and need not be addressed even if we secure promotion 

9 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes . Good points . I too overreact with some of our performances and agree with the assertion we may be a bit hyper critical on these boards  but I don’t believe that some of the main criticisms ( persisting with underperforming players , ignoring strong leadership types , refusal to adapt tactics , poor use of substitutes and a tendency to surrender the initiative too easily) are without merit and need not be addressed even if we secure promotion 

It is clear enzo is inexperienced but he is still outdoing Farke. We need to be patient I feel. I think I’m happy to give him that time. I have been poisoned by Rodgers, and people are throwing Enzo under the same brush yet he has to deal with what was left without his 3 best players. Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

24 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

Read my post again. No where did i say we should have got rid of full backs. Its not my decision after all. But in appointments like Enzo's, I try to understand why someone might opt for one system over another. Making the conclusion that both our defence and the fullbacks were both worth keeping following relegation probably wouldn't have been a smart move. Regardless how the final 3rd of this season has gone, we still have the 2nd best goals against in the division and joint top on goal difference. I do think something had to change in our defensive structure, and if you offer someone a project where they want to make this change, it surely has to be something that is considered. I still don't buy that we play last years system and are on 91 points after 43 games - but we will never know. We would have probably 'enjoyed' more games though.

I tell you what is bizarre though, thinking that Riccy and JJ will be able to be overlapping fulllback roles for 45 games in a Championship system. Sure, would still of had Victor (although our fans had already put him on the sh1t list) and Luke (firmly on the sh1t list), so no matter what recruitment was very likely for that role anyway.

To be clear, im not 100% sold on the inverted position but when it works well it is really good. Home to Norwich a few games back is one where you see Riccy play it brilliantly and effortlessly and we made a very good team look poor. It is not 'stupid' as the consensus seems to be on here.  It requires an astute and technically gifted player, and one who has faith in his center back. Hamza has played it well a few times (was ok today because our in possession stats were low), but he has not been consistently good at it.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

If the baggies could finish we'd have been buried today. He got very lucky. 

I'm not anti Enzo as a person but struggle to enjoy his tactics. 

We were incredibly fortunate despite missing a penalty. Just shows the margins in football. Had they had taken their numerous chances this forum would be baying for his blood.