Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

5 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

The defence was obviously a big problem last season but we were relegated by a point. A point we would have easily got had we played an actual goalkeeper as opposed to the extinction level event that is Danny Ward!

We should have been nowhere near relegation in the first place! For a while our attackers were banging in goals galore just to stay in games and scored as many as a top 10 side, but conceded 68 goals.

The 'point' is not material in how we structured and played. We had huge flaws with our shape and defensive system. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Ricey said:

A match that does little to change any of my opinions on him.

We got opened up regularly, predominantly because Choudhury was pressing so high up the pitch and for some reason so was Vestergaard. It was chaos defensively. Choudhury had some vital moments, but on the whole he was very nervy and often out of position. 

And then there is the substitution situation. Yet again, far too late. He seems to wait until players are so tired that they can't press or make forward runs...and then keep them on for another 10 minutes. The subs he made were logical, just far too late again. 

TBF he was trying to get Praet on for nearly ten mins before he actually got on, the ball just never went out of play apart from two corners we were defending but we couldn't understand why first of all Vardy was still on at 82mins and then why it wasn't Cannon coming on for him when we desperately needed someone physical who could hold the ball up (that isn't Daka).

His subs are the one thing I have an issue with, at this stage of a season when we need legs to either chase a game or see it out he just doesn't seem to trust the bench.

14 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Feels like we’re getting through home games due to emotion at the moment rather than any form of tactics

Its basically the Smith/Terry approach from last season with more wins

Which is something considering his chum

Guillem likes waffling on about trying to take emotion out of football and play smart 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

His football style is disgusting, he's ex Forest and looks like one of the goonies. He would be a massive backwards step in technical ability. 

What's your style of football?

I think I can look past appearances.

MON Used to play for forest you know.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What's your style of football?

I think I can look past appearances.

MON Used to play for forest you know.

Not his horrible Hoof Hoof thug donkey style.

I know O'Neill used to play for Forest but having a guy they sacked for being shit manage us, no, no way! 

I'd much rather keep Enzo and give him a go.  If we had to replace him Cobran has done a decent job at WBA with little resource, but we have a manager who has beaten them twice. 

2 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Not his horrible Hoof Hoof thug donkey style.

I know O'Neill used to play for Forest but having a guy they sacked for being shit manage us, no, no way! 

I'd much rather keep Enzo and give him a go.  If we had to replace him Cobran has done a decent job at WBA with little resource, but we have a manager who has beaten them twice. 

Ok so you like tippy tappy.  We in disagreement on the style (for me mainly because I consider it a misfit for the squad and we cant afford to fix it), although not sure why you call it donkey style.

When we played forest and they battered us, I dont recall it been simple hoof football though.  Not tippy tappy sure, but wasnt just long balls.

Edited by Chrysalis

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Ok so you like tippy tappy.  We in disagreement on the style, although not sure why you call it donkey style.

When we played forest and they battered us, I dont recall it been simple hoof football though.  Not tippy tappy sure, but wasnt just long balls.

The way forest played was Donkey style mostly, big Donkeys up front, hoof forward, that was exactly their tactics under Cooper. I think one of their goals was a Hoof attack to a fast or big man. 

We made them look good that day because Rodgers was an absolute muppet, and Faes and Amartey were an absolute bombscare. They managed to thug victories against Brighton and Arsenal but largely they were horrid.

I do think we overplay sometimes currently and faff around too much at the back, but there's no reason we can't be somewhere in between. We need to aim better the Cooper a guy who was SACKED by our rivals for being Shit! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

Choudhury had some vital moments, but on the whole he was very nervy and often out of position. 

He didn't seem out of position when he cleared three certain goals off the line  ffs he seemed to me to be in the perfect position bit seemingly not good enough for you Coach Ricey  

Edited by smudgerfox
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Feels like we’re getting through home games due to emotion at the moment rather than any form of tactics

Its basically the Smith/Terry approach from last season with more wins

That's usually what happens at this point in the season when you are in a fight.

• Like 1

Enzo’s hatred for the chaotic “basketball match” was very interesting.

I actually agree that we didn’t take the sting out of the match enough with us not having enough possession but loved seeing Coady ping a 40/50 yard ball for Vardy to rush onto etc.

The obsession with the inverted FB winds me up at the best of times BUT my biggest pet hate is how Enzo can’t admit it’s being targeted throughout the game and just ask Hamza/Ricky to play the more traditional FB position for a period of time to calm things down.

Surely those type of tweaks 1) don’t go against his principles and 2) actually reduce the basketball style football that he (like Rodgers previously) hate with a passion.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

The defence was obviously a big problem last season but we were relegated by a point. A point we would have easily got had we played an actual goalkeeper as opposed to the extinction level event that is Danny Ward!

We could have also not played Amartey and sidelined Soy for a whole season

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I'd rather have Elon Musk, Trump, Ted Lasso or Sunak as managers than Cooper. I don't want a manager who got the sack from Forest anywhere near Leicester. 

Sure Luton said the same about Rob Edwards who got sacked by Watford

The late subs concerned me a fair bit. I can see why he brought Daka on - fair enough. But Vardy should have been pulled earlier, giving Daka time to get in and press.

We weren't "lucky" today and I was pleased to see the change in personnel had an impact but, mate, come on - change it earlier. Be proactive. Don't wait until the players are knackered.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

He's laid the groundwork via Guillaume: he's not happy with the people around him in the structure, doesn't see Leicester as having the off-the-pitch quality in the boardroom to compete at the elite level, and to be fair you have to agree

If he's doing that, he's more arrogant than I thought. We aren't Man City, nor will we be. We are a good project that have taken a chance with him. Two way street and all that. 

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

If he's doing that, he's more arrogant than I thought. We aren't Man City, nor will we be. We are a good project that have taken a chance with him. Two way street and all that. 

Why don’t you make your mind up by listening to what Enzo says rather than 3rd hand Guillaume info. If people didn’t give Guillaume clicks and airtime (and I include a certain podcast in that which was firmly up his backside at the time), then he would simply drift away. Enzos not an idiot, he would have known he wasn’t going to be able to buy Grealish and Silva. He might have thought that he might be able to make some smart signings and not have points deductions mind you…..

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

He didn't seem out of position when he cleared three certain goals off the line  ffs he seemed to me to be in the perfect position bit seemingly not good enough for you Coach Ricey  

Well he obviously wasn't where he should have been otherwise he wouldn't need to be on the line! Not his fault though as others have pointed out, it was such an obvious weakness that Enzo did nothing to sort out despite Johnston absolutely destroying us in that first half. Hamza was just doing his job and staying central but thank god he had the desire to get back and block though shots though

1 hour ago, smudgerfox said:

He had a few great moments, but he isn’t trustworthy and he isn’t a right back.

He gave the ball away too much and charged so high in the press that it meant Fatawu was playing RB most of the game. Some charges worked, but too many didn’t and that massively contributed to how open we looked.

He is a player capable of a few moments that get the crowd going, but I don’t trust him one bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Well he obviously wasn't where he should have been otherwise he wouldn't need to be on the line! Not his fault though as others have pointed out, it was such an obvious weakness that Enzo did nothing to sort out despite Johnston absolutely destroying us in that first half. Hamza was just doing his job and staying central but thank god he had the desire to get back and block though shots though

Hamza was inverting even out of possession which was really weird, especially when West Brom have dangerous wingers.