Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SecretPro

The Enzo Thread

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

I do think if Potter is available and wants the job, then we’d let Enzo go regardless. Or if we want to back him, then we need to do some seriously shrewd business this summer. 

Potter didn't want to take it on last season so I don't want him 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He only picked Coady because the journalists questioned him yesterday on why he doesn't pick him and it really seemed to p*ss him off. 

Didn't think there's any harm in experienced journalists who know Leicester helping him out through due to him being not a experienced manager 

I'm sure he put Coady into the side last minute because of questions rather than work on it for a few days in training, that's exactly what coaches do 👌

• Like 2

Praet was a good sub, arguably could have been made earlier though. Lack of winger subs and more midfield subs is painful.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He only picked Coady because the journalists questioned him yesterday on why he doesn't pick him and it really seemed to p*ss him off. 

Didn't think there's any harm in experienced journalists who know Leicester helping him out through due to him being not a experienced manager 

Did he tell you that?

34 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Subs could all have been made 5-10 minutes earlier, however, got his starting line up spot on today 

Hi Enzo! Glad to see you lurking around here. 

In all seriousness now, was this a sarcastic post? We should have been down 0-3 in the first 20mins, I called it at the match thread as soon as I saw the lineup. It's very concerning when fans know before the game starts how things will pan out from the 1st minute. Yet the manager who earns millions doesn't have a clue. 

It's like me spotting from my home a major flaw in a SpaceX rocket 45mins before launch and the experts giving the green light with a disastrous result eventually. 

6 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just goes to show how badly we ****ed our unassailable position, win v QPR at home and Bristol City away and we are already up

We won several games by playing mediocre football even early in the season. Ipswich and Leeds could have been put of sight now if they took advantage of our dreadful results lately. The current table standings are a fair reflection of the season so far. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Just goes to show how badly we ****ed our unassailable position, win v QPR at home and Bristol City away and we are already up

We earnt that lead. And odd that its still 4 points over Leeds, after everything they did to catch us. 3 games left and 4 points, over the best team in the division :ph34r:

I think too much guff has been written over the last months and i think a lot on socials to some degree are blindly following the the loudest dissenting voices. This is an arse of a division and you don't just get everything your own way. 91 points is a good tally, and for the first half of the season we were unmatchable. i think 91 points would have been enough on its own right to get promoted in the last 6 seasons.

Its nowhere near perfect but i've still got faith the he can improve and get more experience on the job. I agree he doesn't trust a lot of the squad, but then i don't, and a lot of them will be out of the door soon. I find an emerging manager much more exciting than a Rodgers or Potter who on the whole look down on us. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

He's laid the groundwork via Guillaume: he's not happy with the people around him in the structure, doesn't see Leicester as having the off-the-pitch quality in the boardroom to compete at the elite level, and to be fair you have to agree

He has to earn the right to get an elite job, which he has not done yet. For now he is an emerging manager and and can use his time here to improve, which he needs to do and i am pretty sure he know he needs to do. Assuming we don't shit the bed in the next 3, he's earnt the right to take on next years task. We very likely to get relegated with a points deduction, but with all the off field crap thats going to happen he has an opportunity to rise about that.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 1

The result seemed inspite of his tactics today for me. Another day could have conceded 3 or 4. The defence seemed very exposed. 

However we got the 3 points. I think he will get us over the line but he isn't the man for me next season and beyond. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

The result seemed inspite of his tactics today for me. Another day could have conceded 3 or 4. The defence seemed very exposed. 

However we got the 3 points. I think he will get us over the line but he isn't the man for me next season and beyond. 

Fall over the line more like…

2 minutes ago, Hootsman said:

What's with the Graham Potter love in? I don't think he's done anything that special, right? 

He didn't but at least he was fairly capable to change things mid game. We're doing circles here. Enzo makes a huge mistake by insisting and bringing up on any occasion his "idea" and "philosophy". The mentality "we're losing but I'm going to stick with my idea" is outrageous. He acts like a teenager and his whole stance now looks very unprofessional. 

3 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

He didn't but at least he was fairly capable to change things mid game. We're doing circles here. Enzo makes a huge mistake by insisting and bringing up on any occasion his "idea" and "philosophy". The mentality "we're losing but I'm going to stick with my idea" is outrageous. He acts like a teenager and his whole stance now looks very unprofessional. 

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Or rather, I don't disagree with you that lately, we've look a bit flat and just not that great. Over the course of the season though? I'm happy. Spread this run of form over the whole season and I don't think we'd be talking about this. 

I'd rather have a manager with a very defined philosophy, rather than one that chopped and changed every time something went wrong. I appreciate you might not agree! 

1 hour ago, NasPb said:

hell go to sevilla. i live in sevilla and orta wants him. not important short term though. we need to get promoted

Best scenario for all if this happens. We get promoted and he goes to Sevilla. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hootsman said:

I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Or rather, I don't disagree with you that lately, we've look a bit flat and just not that great. Over the course of the season though? I'm happy. Spread this run of form over the whole season and I don't think we'd be talking about this. 

I'd rather have a manager with a very defined philosophy, rather than one that chopped and changed every time something went wrong. I appreciate you might not agree! 

I'm not fully rejecting his philosophy. I just want a manager who acknowledges that sometimes things don't go by plan and he needs to make changes. Even after only 15mins into the game. Life is like this, other jobs also. Being stubborn just for the sake of it and bragging about it isn't a good sight.