Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Listening to the new Beatles song

The way I see it is there's so much good new music from new bands trying to get a break, and everyone is fussing over a song from 40 years ago, being sung by someone dead for 40 years (indeed, half the band) and all the proceeds no doubt going to two multi-millionaires.

Before long we'll have films starring Cary Grant and Elizabeth Taylor; "new" comedy from Tommy Trinder and Terry Wogan on the radio.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The way I see it is there's so much good new music from new bands trying to get a break, and everyone is fussing over a song from 40 years ago, being sung by someone dead for 40 years (indeed, half the band) and all the proceeds no doubt going to two multi-millionaires.

Before long we'll have films starring Cary Grant and Elizabeth Taylor; "new" comedy from Tommy Trinder and Terry Wogan on the radio.

We’ll be getting an avalanche of AI stuff 

I heard Frank Sinatra’s Gangsta’s Paradise on the radio the other day which was quite good although the Kurt Cobain does Adele sounded horrendous 

I guess it’s all about money and would agree that this sort of thing has the potential to stifle the emergence of new talent 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

What I read was that they used computers to strip audio fro  the original cassette recording so they could then have cleaner to audio to mix as with any new song.

I think this the element of "AI" that's being referred to, it's not like they've just invented something Lennon never actually sang.

That said it wouldn't surprise me to see what you've described happen.

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

If the audience is there then so be it. If  long lost Mozart or Beethoven music was found I would expect a lot of interest. Can't see this blocking publicity for new artists with so much media. As far as McCartney and Starr being so wealthy so what. 

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Disagree 

There is far too much music these days what with Spotify etc. 

The only thing stopping new decent bands is the fact there's ****ing hundreds of them and it's reached saturation point. 

This very middle of the road beatles song isn't stopping any musician getting ahead in life. 

It at least prompted me to listen to some velvet underground this morning so I'm happy. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Disagree 

There is far too much music these days what with Spotify etc. 

The only thing stopping new decent bands is the fact there's ****ing hundreds of them and it's reached saturation point. 

This very middle of the road beatles song isn't stopping any musician getting ahead in life. 

It at least prompted me to listen to some velvet underground this morning so I'm happy. 

Sunday morning?

• Like 1