Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Luton Fans

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

“Always the victims “

Thank you.

I've always thought it just related to Liverpool constantly saying they were hard done by with referee decisions.  Honestly never entered my head that it was about real life tragedy. 

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The Scousers are the biggest bunch of muppets in world football. Only when stuff affects them does it matter.

This is the city that didnt want to 'grass' on a drug dealer to 'the bizzies' who shot a little girl.

Scousers can pontificate to no-one, they have some weird illusion they are 'sound', Ive met very few that are decent and lived and worked in many areas of the UK and Europe. The are the sort that call you a tory for having a business. 

Its no wonder football ground atmosphere are dead now. You can't sing about caravans, scruffy people, pie eaters, sex workers, pinapples on heads etc anymore! 

As a collective they are self centred, self important and full of victimhood - this means more sums them up. 

• Like 2

Makes me laugh when Liverpool fans call people of Leicester 'Tories'. 

But then it's pointed out to them that it's majority Labour that run the Council/local authority. Don't hear much from them once that's pointed out...

I don't know if they think everyone anti-Liverpool is a Tory, but it's pretty fvcking stupid on their part. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

But then it's pointed out to them that it's majority Labour that run the Council/local authority. Don't hear much from them once that's pointed out...

I don't know if they think everyone anti-Liverpool is a Tory, but it's pretty fvcking stupid on their part. 

They are an odd bunch, they think everyone else in the country is against them, kind of see themselves as part of the Republic of Ireland, hate England. They think that just because they are working class it makes them decent, a fair number are protecting criminal gangs or part of some corrupt local organisation claiming to be 'for the people'. Obviously there are exceptions and maybe its an over generslisation on my experience but I have never met a scouser id trust. Its weird as Liverpool is quite a nice city, just can't have the people! 

Life doesn't always pan out the way you think it might.

On occasions, you can do something wrong and get lucky, and get away with it.     On other occasions, you can do nothing particularly wrong, but get unlucky and be badly stung.

On 4th May 1976 over 20,000 Liverpool fans descended on Molineux for a crucial title winning match.  A win or low-scoring draw and Liverpool won the league.

A Liverpool mate of mine was there, and he said their fans broke down one of the gates to the South Bank before the match and 1000's poured in.

As far as I'm aware, no one got seriously hurt that night.   But that was more down to luck than judgement.   

20 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What makes you think this? 

Leeds and West Ham are worse purely because of their numbers and Millwall speak for themselves. 

The literal home of the EDL and joint top of the cuntish fan league.

Luton have always been complete scum.

IMG_7469.jpeg

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The literal home of the EDL and joint top of the cuntish fan league.

Luton have always been complete scum.

IMG_7469.jpeg

Isn’t that Millwall at Luton ? 
Seem to remember that from about 1984. Wrecked the place. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

On occasions, you can do something wrong and get lucky, and get away with it.     On other occasions, you can do nothing particularly wrong, but get unlucky and be badly stung.

On 4th May 1976 over 20,000 Liverpool fans descended on Molineux for a crucial title winning match.  A win or low-scoring draw and Liverpool won the league.

A Liverpool mate of mine was there, and he said their fans broke down one of the gates to the South Bank before the match and 1000's poured in.

As far as I'm aware, no one got seriously hurt that night.   But that was more down to luck than judgement.   

Off topic but why was a low scoring draw would have won them the league, guessing as opposed to a high scoring draw?

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Off topic but why was a low scoring draw would have won them the league, guessing as opposed to a high scoring draw?

It was goal average ("goal ratio") in those days ... not goal difference.

Their goals F and A were similar to QPR's.   A 0-0, 1-1 or 2-2 would've still kept Liverpool's just better than QPR.   A 3-3 draw, and QPR would've just pipped them.

<<< Edited to say:   The system was changed for the following season, as it made sense.   Quite simply, goal average ultimately rewarded a more defensive type situation.   Goal difference means there's no harm in a 4-4 draw rather than a 0-0 draw.   In fact, with goal scored as secondary consideration, 4-4 is actually better than 0-0.     btw I think Scotland had been using it for a couple of seasons by then, so we changed over for the 1976-77 season.   It's been that way ever since ... with a brief interlude in the mid 90's I think where the football league put goal scored as the primary determinent for a season or two)

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

You are missing the main point which is they don’t deserve to die for going to a football match drunk and without a ticket, which is seemingly what you’re getting at. To reiterate, pre champions league final in Paris I saw at least 30 Real Madrid fans smash a metal barrier down and run into the stadium. Thugs, yes. deserve to die, no. 

I was in Texas last week and the pro gun locals said if anyone holds up a bar or robs a shop it’s ok as someone nearby will have a gun and will shoot them. You remind me of them, commit a transgression and you deserve to die 

1 minute ago, grobyfox1990 said:

You are missing the main point which is they don’t deserve to die for going to a football match drunk and without a ticket, which is seemingly what you’re getting at. To reiterate, pre champions league final in Paris I saw at least 30 Real Madrid fans smash a metal barrier down and run into the stadium. Thugs, yes. deserve to die, no. 

I was in Texas last week and the pro gun locals said if anyone holds up a bar or robs a shop it’s ok as someone nearby will have a gun and will shoot them. You remind me of them, commit a transgression and you deserve to die 

I wasn't getting at that at all.    I was just making the point that over the years many Liverpool fans had behaved very badly ... and got away with it.     

That was all, nothing more, nothing less.

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

There is a slice of irony to that. 

The term 'Wool' is given by Scousers to people from nearby towns such as Warrington or areas like Birkenhead. They have over the last few years gone very Tory - Southport and Warrington South went blue at the last election. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

You find consistent examples of overcrowding/trouble during that period. Nearly 30k cramped into Filbert Street in 1983. The excellent Fever Pitch as a chapter where Nick Hornby says he was on the Clock End that afternoon of Hillsborough at it was utterly chaotic and overcrowded. Hillsborough could have happen in 1981 when Spurs played Wolves there - huge crush in the Leppings Lane end. Apparently at 300 over capacity. 

I think it's very, very symbolic of British society - that we have this whole level of chanting which primarily bases itself in 'I'm better than you'. Liverpool fans and the city have had the guts and raw energy to consistently prove they were ****ed over by:-

1) A tabloid newspaper which is commonly accepted as Scum and continually writes utter garbage. It has been part of an organisation which continually overstepped the mark

2) A police force which has had a very long history of cover-up, corruption and inability to learn. 

3) A government which pushed the city to near on ruin. Hence now we have a city with lots of clean sheen in the centre but major gang issues and deprivation elsewhere. 

It's very English not to complain. Liverpool fans call out the crap (I am talking the proper match going ones here) and get the constant grief. Everyone was throwing tropes towards them in Paris when it was pretty apparent the French police were being their traditional selves. 

Yeah the Klopp hysteria, 'this means more', the self-importance that somehow their club is different to others. Yeah I get how that irks. I don't get how what irks is taking the piss out of child poverty and wanting to call out authority organisations which have a very long history of ****ing people/cities over. 

Christ a bit of sense at last. Existentially as well this sums up how infiltrated by the ruling classes we have become. We are all football fans getting collectively done out of our game, yet instead of sticking together and fighting back as one, we are justifying actual death by saying they were drunk and didn’t have a ticket so it’s ok, because we don’t like their team. And we’ve met a few of their fans over the years and they aren’t nice people. Madness 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I understand why people don’t like Liverpool, but the lengths to which our braindead fans go to wind them up is just sad.

It's not just our fans though, is it?   It seems that most other fans have the same idea, so the dislike of Liverpool seems pretty universal (for the various reasons that have been aired on numerous occasions).

13 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

It's not just our fans though, is it?   It seems that most other fans have the same idea, so the dislike of Liverpool seems pretty universal (for the various reasons that have been aired on numerous occasions).

It's our fans what sing similar stuff at Everton tho as well. Not aware of many what do that. That League Cup QF in December was ghoulish for it. 

But yeah all clubs are at, stretching back to songs being sung at Man U about Munich by a multitude of clubs. 

Edited by CosbehFox

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Christ a bit of sense at last. Existentially as well this sums up how infiltrated by the ruling classes we have become. We are all football fans getting collectively done out of our game, yet instead of sticking together and fighting back as one, we are justifying actual death by saying they were drunk and didn’t have a ticket so it’s ok, because we don’t like their team. And we’ve met a few of their fans over the years and they aren’t nice people. Madness 

Thatcher's biggest success was killing collectivism within communities. Moynihan being a Cnut made that worse amongst football fans. It's no surprise that Liverpool and Scotland remain two areas in hatred of it all yet they are also two areas of the country where activism within football still exists. Scotland in particular the community feel is still there. That was my biggest take from visiting the Edinburgh derby. 

Ironically the only set of supporters who have said 'we will buy you a drink post-match' was Everton after we won there in 2015. Shared a taxi from near Goodison and literally bought me and two mates a pint back near Lime Street. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2