Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Luton Fans

Guest glasgowfox
40 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thought it was well known it is to do with Hillsborough.

Honestly didn't know that and not why I joined in...genuinely 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I don't, hence the post. 

How is it so commonly known it is about Hillsborough ? 

I'm just interested if or how it's 'official'.

Like l said, I'm probably being naive, but my take on it's a about their whinging in general. 

Any match going football fan surely knows what the chant is about? 

• Like 2

It happens because clubs like us and Luton haven't got anything else to get at Liverpool with. We, for example, can bait Leeds or Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday with "30-50 years and won fvck all" or many others not winning the league (when it it sometimes accurate, we'll gloss over some of them). It is shit banter but nothing sinister about it.

But Liverpool? We've got nothing on the football side so any "banter" has to be unrelated. They couldn't care less about us, and generally we aren't really interested in them, but to get a reaction this is resorted to.

Pathetic, really.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I don't, hence the post. 

How is it so commonly known it is about Hillsborough ? 

I'm just interested if or how it's 'official'.

Like l said, I'm probably being naive, but my take on it's a about their whinging in general. 

...I have to say, this is naive...!!!

It is synonymous with the club (both tragedies).

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I have to say, this is naive...!!!

It is synonymous with the club (both tragedies).

If it's both tragedies, yes l get it (as l hinted at in my previous post)

To forget Heysel & just think it's about Hillsborough is naive definitely. 

• Like 1

Funny isn't it how many of these people who make these chants will be the same ones who will moan about the KP having no atmosphere. I'm certain the Jimmy Saville chants came from 'that' section on Friday night... 

23 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Funny isn't it how many of these people who make these chants will be the same ones who will moan about the KP having no atmosphere. I'm certain the Jimmy Saville chants came from 'that' section on Friday night... 

From the back of the stand, yes. But certainly not from the front of the section where Union FS are situated. I think it's important to make that distinction. 

Guest glasgowfox
1 hour ago, Corky said:

It happens because clubs like us and Luton haven't got anything else to get at Liverpool with. We, for example, can bait Leeds or Newcastle and Sheffield Wednesday with "30-50 years and won fvck all" or many others not winning the league (when it it sometimes accurate, we'll gloss over some of them). It is shit banter but nothing sinister about it.

But Liverpool? We've got nothing on the football side so any "banter" has to be unrelated. They couldn't care less about us, and generally we aren't really interested in them, but to get a reaction this is resorted to.

Pathetic, really.

Think you missed my intention but not an issue

Guest glasgowfox
13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Luton fan made a point that it wasn’t surprising it happened given the context of Liverpool at Heysel being the final straw in the banning of English clubs from European competition. Thus denying Luton European football. 

Not that it justifies it 

Still think never your fault means multiple incidents and do not think it is about Hillsborough just about Liverpool finding fault in everything.  God bless those that lost there lives at Hillsborough but do not think that's what the chant is about....if it is then its disgusting 

1 hour ago, Mee-9 said:

Assuming you mean SK1, I’m at the front of the section and didn’t hear that chant once. 

Embarrassing and pathetic, especially during the best performance of their season. Saw a few posts on Twitter around this doing the usual ‘so easily offended just get over it’ rhetoric. Obviously written by Middle Aged men who are frequently easily offended and unable to get over comments directed at them on the internet. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

If it's the 'Always the victim's, it's never your fault', chant, is it that clear cut ? 

Surely, it's open to any narrative we want to believe. 

Take away the Hillsborough & Heysel (which is rarely mentioned, strangely enough) tragedies & they still come across as victims of something or other, VAR, the pitch, the ref etc....... Klopp is the main driver of this. 

Maybe I'm being naive & by mentioning the 2 tragedies, l do not want come across as unsympathetic. 

It’s about the blame everyone else whiny victim mentality of scousers. 

10 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It's primarily about Hillsborough. I don't believe that you don't know that. 

To you maybe. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Assuming you mean SK1, I’m at the front of the section and didn’t hear that chant once. 

You could hear it across the other side of the ground where I sit. lol

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Saw a few posts on Twitter around this doing the usual ‘so easily offended just get over it’ rhetoric. Obviously written by Middle Aged men who are frequently easily offended and unable to get over comments directed at them on the internet. 

I think you're missing a subtle difference between "being offended" and "being annoyed".

Nothing much offends older people, as they've pretty much seen and heard it all before.   

But you get annoyed by things ... and you get annoyed at young people being offended by nothing much (in the scheme of things)  ... if that makes sense!  :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

The fact people can’t be sure whether the chant is about Hillsborough or about all the other issues they’ve became ‘victims’ of (Suarez included) tells you all you need to know about the football club and the majority of its fans. 

I don’t think anyone in their right mind sings that song thinking of the Hillsborough tragedy. Maybe I’m naive, but I certainly don’t.

If Liverpool fans want to take it that way by way of feeling persecuted once again, then let them crack on.

I shan’t stop singing it 

That’s how they got their “victims” tag in the first place. 

Everything else has been attached to it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I think you're missing a subtle difference between "being offended" and "being annoyed".

Nothing much offends older people, as they've pretty much seen and heard it all before.   

But you get annoyed by things ... and you get annoyed at young people being offended by nothing much (in the scheme of things)  ... if that makes sense!  :)

Agreed and it seems you are talking about a minority of more mature elder people including yourself. The bulk of middle aged men who were mummy's boys and now are essentially mummy'd by their wives seem to get offended online all the time. Although i cannot see many usernames on this site you see it happen all the time. 'Get over it' straight after bobbing themselves when someone said something

51 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

That’s fine then. It’s not about Hillsborough any more. Certainly not in my mind anyway

Well as you clearly enjoy singing it you would say that.

There are still people who blame Liverpool fans for the deaths at Hillsborough, and intended or not, that’s the message you’re sending out when you sing always the victims.

It is nowhere near funny or enjoyable enough to justify singing it, when you know that there are people in that crowd with you chanting it to blame Liverpool fans for Hillsborough. It combines being a shit chant with being utterly classless and heartless, why would you want to be part of that?