Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest glasgowfox

Luton Fans

Guest glasgowfox

Apologies if there is somewhere else I could have put this but couldn't find where.  Maybe I am naive but I didn't think it was tragedy chanting.  Maybe my ignorance but I joined in with the same chant when we played Livarpool last season.  I sang it because they were singing anti government, anti royalty, booing the national anthem....and my biggest reason was Klopp continually moaning for several years about them being the victims of poor refereeing decisions.  If it was aimed at Hillsborough which I did not think it was then I am ashamed of chanting it but I for one did not even think about Hillsborough when joining in.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Football fans. Most of them are arseholes and want to wind up the opposition. 

It's like being a kid. If you piss yourself at school, you're going to be known as pissy pants until you're 18.

I'm not condoning it, but it is what it is. 

So, you pissed yourself at school pissy pants :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So, you pissed yourself at school pissy pants :D

Nope, but I know people who did. And had to get changed in to PE kit from the lost property box.

I said they'd be know as that till 18, but I'm 43 and he's still Lloyd pissy pants to me lol

Edited by tom27111
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, glasgowfox said:

Apologies if there is somewhere else I could have put this but couldn't find where.  Maybe I am naive but I didn't think it was tragedy chanting.  Maybe my ignorance but I joined in with the same chant when we played Livarpool last season.  I sang it because they were singing anti government, anti royalty, booing the national anthem....and my biggest reason was Klopp continually moaning for several years about them being the victims of poor refereeing decisions.  If it was aimed at Hillsborough which I did not think it was then I am ashamed of chanting it but I for one did not even think about Hillsborough when joining in.

That’s why it upsets them.

I’m no fan of Liverpool, but “Always the victims” has obvious connotations to Hillsborough. 

That’s why it makes us look like dickheads for thinking we’re special by singing it. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

As per usual they can give it but they can’t take it, and the deranged ****ers think that the murderers chant is to do with hillsborough and not the fact they murdered 39 Italians at heysel. You can’t dare sing about feeding scousers at Christmas time but you can sing about Maggie being in the mud or queen Elizabeth being in a box, both of whom were someone’s daughter, mother, friend etc. You can also sing about Munich as long as it was only a handful of people and it hasn’t happened for x amount of years. The hypocrisy of them is staggering, one rule for one and all that, set of *****

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Pretty much like any fanbase then. Some of our fans are happy to sing about Brian Clough being dead but are the first to moan when opposition fans sing about Vichai.

It's football. 

You'll never stop it.

Man City fans were singing about Bobby Charlton dying.

A minority of England supporters will give Germany shit for something that happened 80 years ago.

It's not right, but you're easily offended, go and watch rugby.

I think more is made out of it these days because there's a much bigger focus on 'tragedy chanting' and trying to eliminate it.

I don't mind them making a news story out of this (again, it's a big club that moans to the authorities for something to be done) but as long as they're consistent with all fanbases/clubs doing it. Not just because it's Liverpool...

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Pretty much like any fanbase then. Some of our fans are happy to sing about Brian Clough being dead but are the first to moan when opposition fans sing about Vichai.

Exactly that, and everyone understands it. The only fan base getting upset over it are the ones being called victims, uncanny. They need to own it, until they stop taking steau bucherest flags to goodison and picking and choosing what tragedy’s people can get upset over, and then kicking and screaming when they don’t like it the more it’s gonna happen

Was an interesting back and forth about something like this after that incident with the Spurs fan in L1. Seemed to be something of a divide between those who think football is simply tribal brutality and won't change and those who think perhaps such "human nature" is actually mutable.

Seems to be a similar divide here. It is interesting.

11 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

As per usual they can give it but they can’t take it, and the deranged ****ers think that the murderers chant is to do with hillsborough and not the fact they murdered 39 Italians at heysel. You can’t dare sing about feeding scousers at Christmas time but you can sing about Maggie being in the mud or queen Elizabeth being in a box, both of whom were someone’s daughter, mother, friend etc. You can also sing about Munich as long as it was only a handful of people and it hasn’t happened for x amount of years. The hypocrisy of them is staggering, one rule for one and all that, set of *****

This.

Honestly, I go to football to support my team and watch the game. I have no interest in the opposition fans or any chants/songs not about our club. Those guilty of tragedy changing should be found and punished. I cringe at what our ‘fans’ sing when we play them.

But the hypocrisy of Liverpool and their supports riles me.

It’s ok for them to sing about Munich when playing Man Utd. As you say, the queen who whether you agree with the monarchy or not, an elderly lady who served her country. And even Thatcher, whatever you think of her or her party, she was just a lady doing her job. But it’s ok for them to sing about all those deaths. 

Honestly, they just need to move on from Hillsborough themselves. Not forge, never forget, but move forward. They have gone on and on for decades and that in itself feeds the trolls. I know (well knew as both are passed on) two men who were on duty for South Yorkshire Police at Hillsborough that day. Not of seniority, just beat bobbies/mounted police doing their job. Both said that day never left them up until they passed not only because of what they saw but what they were dragged through afterwards. Interrogation and blame towards everyone working for SYP coming from Merseyside.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Nope, but I know people who did. And had to get changed in to PE kit from the lost property box.

I said they'd be know as that till 18, but I'm 43 and he's still Lloyd pissy pants to me lol

The old lost property box, that brings back horrendous memories 😂

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Our fans chanted “Margaret Thatcher paid your benefits” in response to this.

The L1 Brain Trust. 

• Like 1

It's nasty, sinister regurgitated rhetoric carried on by dullards who don't understand the weight of what they are saying. And I'm including the 'feed the scousers' airing that followed it yesterday. And no, it is not justified because some Liverpool supporters choose to sing about Munich. Both things can be contemptible at once. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Thought it was well known it is to do with Hillsborough.

If it's the 'Always the victim's, it's never your fault', chant, is it that clear cut ? 

Surely, it's open to any narrative we want to believe. 

Take away the Hillsborough & Heysel (which is rarely mentioned, strangely enough) tragedies & they still come across as victims of something or other, VAR, the pitch, the ref etc....... Klopp is the main driver of this. 

Maybe I'm being naive & by mentioning the 2 tragedies, l do not want come across as unsympathetic. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

If it's the 'Always the victim's, it's never your fault', chant, is it that clear cut ? 

Surely, it's open to any narrative we want to believe. 

Take away the Hillsborough & Heysel (which is rarely mentioned, strangely enough) tragedies & they still come across as victims of something or other, VAR, the pitch, the ref etc....... Klopp is the main driver of this. 

Maybe I'm being naive & by mentioning the 2 tragedies, l do not want come across as unsympathetic. 

It's primarily about Hillsborough. I don't believe that you don't know that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It's primarily about Hillsborough. I don't believe that you don't know that. 

I don't, hence the post. 

How is it so commonly known it is about Hillsborough ? 

I'm just interested if or how it's 'official'.

Like l said, I'm probably being naive, but my take on it's a about their whinging in general. 

Edited by STEVIE B

What irritates people about Liverpool is that they use examples of offensive chants at their matches as evidence of what they believe is exceptionally scummy behavior towards them, and that this is because of who they are as a football club. Scouse exceptionalism. The chants are incredibly stupid though. 

Edited by bovril