Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Yes

If we don’t go up then we wouldn’t be able to afford him 

if we dont go up then the player won’t want to be here 

Right, but you could just sort out a contract on the assumption we're promoted and if not then it doesn't become active.

14 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Bit odd we are so concerned about relatively small figures for FFP given the accounts aren’t submitted until the end of June. 

most of  our sig costs are fixed till end June - salaries etc.  

you’d expect us to be sailing v close to the wind in any case.  I guess we could save a couple million quid would by slashing spending on the running of the club but I’d not want loads of redundancies to pay for sensi ! (And doubtful they’d deliver that saving anyway).  The point is we’re not closing down parts of the operation to get him in.  The easiest way to generate that couple million this financial year is to sell a player with low amortisation remaining or move one out on a loan with a decent loan fee and salary saving. 

If we’re promoted we can. trade beyond June with increased costs to reflect the increased income.  The issue with sensi was him being out of contract end June.  We could see this would be complicated when it was reported that we wanted to put back the mass of the €2.5m until promotion was guaranteed in the context that the player was OOC end June.  that’s what irks me here. we could see it would be tricky so how did those running the operation think it was a good idea not to address it sooner than the last day or so of the window.  Just in case. they may have thought someone was going out to facilitate it but in business you make alternative arrangements in the event of things not going to plan. You don’t leave legal stuff until the eleventh hour.   As was reported somewhere, I wonder if those making the decisions were all in on this and preferred to get the fella in July when there would be no fee to pay. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Right, but you could just sort out a contract on the assumption we're promoted and if not then it doesn't become active.

Surely he can’t sign a pre agreement unless it’s a pre agreement.  It can’t be a pre agreement in the event that x or y happens.   You can have a verbal commitment from the player but it’s worth nowt. 

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Surely he can’t sign a pre agreement unless it’s a pre agreement.  It can’t be a pre agreement in the event that x or y happens.   You can have a verbal commitment from the player but it’s worth nowt. 

I would imagine, and I say this as a leading expert in the world of imagination, that you just put Premier League status as a clause in the contract/pre agreement. I imagine that wouldn't be an issue, all contracts have clauses, and a pre agreement is just a contract preceding the contract.  

I imagine.

17 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I would imagine, and I say this as a leading expert in the world of imagination, that you just put Premier League status as a clause in the contract/pre agreement. I imagine that wouldn't be an issue, all contracts have clauses, and a pre agreement is just a contract preceding the contract.  

I imagine.

😄

maybe 

but if I were him then I’d be v angry that I’m not going to be able to play much and put myself in the shop window for a final hurrah in my career (and associated contract) 

I wonder if there’s any chance he may now go on loan to a Turkish or Swiss club ? 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

😄

maybe 

but if I were him then I’d be v angry that I’m not going to be able to play much and put myself in the shop window for a final hurrah in my career (and associated contract) 

I wonder if there’s any chance he may now go on loan to a Turkish or Swiss club ? 

At this stage why should we care? We have a job to be getting on with and should focus on that. Sensi was barely playing before our interest and it doesn't sound like (unless I am mistaken) there was a huge amount of interest for him elsewhere. Inter could have got shot of him on loan for the last 1/2 of a season but chose to try and eek some value out of a player who they are very unlikely to give many minutes to, which in turn meant more complicated scenarios had to be drawn up. 

To some degree, the good news is that our promotion was never dependant on Sensi, although he would have undoubtedly strengthened the squad. If the player and Enzo think there is the opportunity for another nibble in the summer, then so be it, and if Sensi decides he's rather have an easier payday then so be that too. I hope we are looking elsewhere to be honest, but right now the squad and management have a job to do and Glover and his team have a project on their hands once the first team have completed their task.

• Like 1

Sensi might not have got the move but the whole saga can still have had benefits for him. Essentially nobody knew who he was until we were linked to him, and now clubs have been alerted to him and his contract status he may have more interest in his services come the summer than he may have otherwise. Doesn't help us if that's the case, but so be it.

I mean, due to the nature of the window, Romano has tweeted about 600 messages about him, so his profile has increased at least.

12 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Sensi might not have got the move but the whole saga can still have had benefits for him. Essentially nobody knew who he was until we were linked to him, and now clubs have been alerted to him and his contract status he may have more interest in his services come the summer than he may have otherwise. Doesn't help us if that's the case, but so be it.

I mean, due to the nature of the window, Romano has tweeted about 600 messages about him, so his profile has increased at least.

They guy has been capped for Italy 9 times and is currently contracted at Inter Milan. I don't think our interest has suddenly put him on the map. I have a Napoli supporting Italian in my team, and when i brought up our interest in him the responsive was  'Really? Nice, but huge injury problems.'. Sensi and his contract situation will be well known.

• Like 1

I don't mean put him on the map, I mean more alerted people to him and his situation. He's an Inter player who would have been willing to play half a season at championship level, albeit with the presumed promotion at the end of it, but it means clubs that may not have thought they'd be in contention for him now see him as a viable target.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

I don't mean put him on the map, I mean more alerted people to him and his situation. He's an Inter player who would have been willing to play half a season at championship level, albeit with the presumed promotion at the end of it, but it means clubs that may not have thought they'd be in contention for him now see him as a viable target.

Im sure the Enzo connection had a lot to do with it. I don't think we will be seeing him rock up playing for a Warnock team next year. 

15 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

If he wanted to come here that desperately he could break his own contract and come here on a free. 

Probably just best to collect your 50k a week for sitting on the bench and collect a Serie A winners medal than break a contract.

10 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Let's close this thread, draw a line under it and move on. No point still going on about it, it's done let's move on 

Couldn't agree more.

3 hours ago, Seventyseven said:

Bit odd we are so concerned about relatively small figures for FFP given the accounts aren’t submitted until the end of June. 

The reporting deadlines have changed now though - last years (22/23) accounts had to be in by 31 December 2023.

I’m pretty sure there is also ongoing reporting requirements through the season, especially if a club is reporting it had breached the higher loss threshold.

7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

7 hours ago, JimJams said:

I imagine.

Purely from a legal contractual sense (employment law might have a different perspective but that isn’t my area), you can agree a conditional pre- agreement, on fix terms subject to PL promotion. 

The bigger issue is convincing Sensi to sign up to it. You’d have him on an exclusivity where he wouldn’t be able to talk to other clubs. What happens if it goes wrong for us (god forbid), he’s left in limbo. 

39 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Purely from a legal contractual sense (employment law might have a different perspective but that isn’t my area), you can agree a conditional pre- agreement, on fix terms subject to PL promotion. 

The bigger issue is convincing Sensi to sign up to it. You’d have him on an exclusivity where he wouldn’t be able to talk to other clubs. What happens if it goes wrong for us (god forbid), he’s left in limbo. 

Yep - my point 

we can’t give him certainty until we’re promoted so I’d  be surprised if he committed to anything with us until then 

Edited by st albans fox

5 hours ago, Tuna said:

His right arm lol

Thank Christ. Was waiting for someone to say it. I’ve had four eye ops and can still spot this terrible photoshop job a mile off lol 

• Haha 1