Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

On 22/03/2024 at 12:28, Ric Flair said:

There must have been some serious concessions from Inter to agree to a loan deal with an option, given his contract was up. Essentially relying on us to achieve promotion and sign him permanently in June or something weird.

No wonder it was a farce.

Their alternative was likely him sitting around for the remainder of the season ? 

I reckon we were caught between wanting to get enzo the player and not wanting to spend a penny (for various reasons) 

when inter tried to change things late on that likely flipped the decision from the club’s angle.  We don’t know the discussions ongoing with the efl either. There was a non disclosure agreement ref the results of the hearing we had won with them until after the window was closed. Perhaps we had agreed that any deals we made in jan would be fully advised to them (out of courtesy) and the late changes inter made to the deal meant we felt compelled to pull the plug. that does sound unlikely given what’s now going on but if I were in charge I wouldn’t be looking for enemies in high places, especially if I’d already won round one. taking the moral high ground usually plays out well when looking for mitigating circumstances in hearings. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

What about everything else? If it was going to be tricky then why not have an alternative lined up?

there probably weren’t any other deals we could afford it was a fairly unique situation, recovering from surgery, out of contract. Not wanted by parent club  all making it a dirt cheap deal ( or so we thought) AND of sufficient quality  wanted by the manager.

this deal becomes more fascinating now, surely if this deal was so close to the ffp edge the club are sure we will pass this year (prem or efl i’m not sure) but if not, surely we’d just do the deal as a little more for sensei wouldn’t make the punishment any worse 🤔

On 23/03/2024 at 10:57, MPH said:

leave it late? 

we had been trying to get it done for weeks.

Haven't we learnt anything from the 14 Sec Fiasco.

It's not like we had a few deals in the pipeline. One deal that's Rudkin had to do.

It seems it was agreed verbaly, Which is why he was allowed travel for the medical.

Maybe we tried to change the terms of the Contract which caused Inter to back out.

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Haven't we learnt anything from the 14 Sec Fiasco.

It's not like we had a few deals in the pipeline. One deal that's Rudkin had to do.

It seems it was agreed verbaly, Which is why he was allowed travel for the medical.

Maybe we tried to change the terms of the Contract which caused Inter to back out.

it was the other way round… with 1hr to go, inter returned the documents with changed terms and we couldn’t afford to do the deal..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

it was the other way round… with 1hr to go, inter returned the documents with changed terms and we couldn’t afford to do the deal..

So after agreeing terms verbaly, Inter changed the terms when it came to signing the Contract.

I'd find that a little strange given that they needed him gone before his Contract ran out and he left for nothing.

Someone is surely telling Lies here. We're not hearing the full story.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

So after agreeing terms verbaly, Inter changed the terms when it came to signing the Contract.

I'd find that a little strange given that they needed him gone before his Contract ran out and he left for nothing.

at the last minute they decided they wanted a fee for the loan and a further fee should we go up and he sign permanently . We were not able to pay the fee to make it permanent due to the creek we are in whilst being unable to find a paddle.. it makes no sense to pay a fee for someone who would have been out of contract by then anyway..

• Like 1

On 27/03/2024 at 23:43, Clever Fox said:

If the stories indicated what you suggested (that it was Rudkins fault/we changed the terms) would you suspect lies?

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimJams said:

If the stories indicated what you suggested (that it was Rudkins fault/we changed the terms) would you suspect lies?

It seems that Inter after presenting their terms they wanted to change them at the last minute, looking for a Fee upfront.

Which seems crazy if he can walk for nothing in June.

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Absolutely no loss looking at the games he played previously and (not) since + the length of his current contract.

Hardly going to set the world alight 

Bizarre target

He played well last season at Monza.

I wonder how influential a fresh face could have been…

We do seem a bit stale and lacking inspiration at the moment. You can see why the club decided to try and push it through despite the PSR stuff in the background.

13 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I wonder how influential a fresh face could have been…

We do seem a bit stale and lacking inspiration at the moment. You can see why the club decided to try and push it through despite the PSR stuff in the background.

If we had signed Sensi, but things had gone like they had gone since Christmas. Do you think a lot of fans would have pinned the blame on him??

*F off Enzo and take your F'ing sicknote Sensi with you' 😄 🤣 😂 

The clubs have been fairly circumspect about it all but the players wife intimated that they were looking forward to coming and that it was Milan who changed the goalposts. 

• Like 1

For all we know, it could have been a free transfer with them covering wages just for them to get rid of him. 

It’s basically what we did with Perez last season isn’t it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Sensi's wife on social media confirmed that they were looking forward to moving here and that it was Milan that changed the plans at the last minute. Think that's the nearest you'll get to any truth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Sensi's wife on social media confirmed that they were looking forward to moving here and that it was Milan that changed the plans at the last minute. Think that's the nearest you'll get to any truth.

Do you think he will come here in the Summer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Really ? He might at be thinking he dodged a bullet with the mess we are in 

I suspect the perception that we are in a ‘mess’ is far higher among our own fans than it is to outsiders. If we get promoted we’ll be an attractive proposition, with or without a looming points deduction.

33 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I suspect the perception that we are in a ‘mess’ is far higher among our own fans than it is to outsiders. If we get promoted we’ll be an attractive proposition, with or without a looming points deduction.

It was as much a possible transfer ban on incomings and losing better players to balance the books together with a possible points deduction that I was concerned about 

Either way a one year stay in the PL if we get promoted looks more likely than not atm