Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Stefano Sensi

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll say it again, you only breach FFP at the end of a financial period. It's highly likely we already need to sell someone before the end of June when the window opens again and the accounting period closes.

This £500k was not going to change whether the above was relevant or not. In the last few weeks alone we've earnt that in Iversen going, Casadei going back and some of the loan fee credited + wages and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Exactly. That’s where Forest went wrong though as they did breach but only for a few weeks as they held out for a bigger fee for Johnson. But they are back comfortably within the losses now. 

And as I said before this season will really hurt us as we can only lose 63m rather than 105m like PL clubs.

let’s be honest the whole FFP thing is a farce designed to keep the smaller clubs less competitive. 

im concerned our finances are as tight as they are. Makes keeping onto KDH difficult as homegrown players count as pure profit to FFP. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So many deriding the club for getting in a mess re ffp yet a couple of years ago the same people were moaning that we should simply offer the likes of youri a new contract on £200kpw to get him to sign a new contract. 

can't have it both ways. I want a ferrari but can only afford a vw. Either I do the best I can with the latter or sell my soul get the former and end up in bankruptcy court.

But fundamentally, those running the club are paid extremely  handsome sums to ensure we're within our limits, budgeting based upon various different events. They're responsible for this mess. Yet not a single one has lost their job. 

Do that in any other walk of life and you're out before you can start your excuses. 

They aren't just regular fans wanting one of their best players to stay and typing on a forum, so don't treat them as such.

• Like 2

Along with 99% of the rest of us, I don't know what's gone wrong here and who (if anyone) is to blame, so I won't start to throw mud around. 

But what is worrying is what effect this might have on us trying to sign new players now. Are they going to look at us and think, this club don't seem to know what they're doing, so I'm not going there. 

41 minutes ago, weller54 said:

They're due a massive car boot sale in the spring!!

Maybe we could join forces and try and get rid of our crap. Maybe we could raffle off some of them, tombola etc. Could be a great family day out! 

It’s an issue though as who will buy these players now? Yes there will always be a need, but the days of spending willy nilly seem to have paused. Clubs like Chelsea who have underperforming players on a big long contracts should be very concerned as well.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

The thing is of sensi contact runs in the summer, who and how do we pay a fee too?

surely sensi is a free agent in the summer!

Because the fee was a bonus/add on based on an outcome of something that is known before his contract expires at the end of June.

12 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

The thing is of sensi contact runs in the summer, who and how do we pay a fee too?

surely sensi is a free agent in the summer!

It was a permanent transfer, so the terms of payment would be due in the summer if promotion was achieved 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

No, but our predicament with FFP has been ongoing for a few seasons now, pre relegation and affecting our business in previous windows . There are all kinds of reasons why we have become a badly run club from poor recruitment, to Rodgers' obscene contract, to over-paying ordinary players and being lumbered with them.  Top even ordered an investigation about how we got into such a mess.  It goes back to Vichai's death, I believe.

I won't pretend that I know a huge amount about FFP, I'll leave that to the amateur accountants on here, but i do know that last season we sat bottom of the five year net spend league table, of all clubs that had been in the Premier League that long,

Do you think we are a well run club?

Top has now got the best advisor for forthcoming. Business..

His darling wife will get the financials sorted.That’s what wives do.

Then they will see what needs mending showing him lovingly,there are some

dickheads in his life,and some on probation….

She might accept that other female…time will tell..:rolleyes:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'll say it again, you only breach FFP at the end of a financial period. It's highly likely we already need to sell someone before the end of June when the window opens again and the accounting period closes.

This £500k was not going to change whether the above was relevant or not. In the last few weeks alone we've earnt that in Iversen going, Casadei going back and some of the loan fee credited + wages and qualifying for the 5th round of the FA Cup.

What if we are close to the limit and are trying to avoid having to sell KDH? We don’t have many other players we can sell before the 30th of June to help us with FFP. 

4 hours ago, bmt said:

Ahh so you said something so that must be true as opposed to the journalists who seem surprised that this has fallen through unexpectedly. Two people can look at a situation differently and not agree on it.

I think they've clearly messed up and as evidence I will give you the other times we have messed up in recently history with the same people behind the scenes, including when we made history signing someone for massive money who then couldn't play because we didn't do the required paperwork. You can evidence something you posted on foxestalk 4 days ago if you want

The point I’m making is that this isn’t a reaction to something not happening last night. I clearly stated days it might very well be the case we are lining things up just in case we sell, because it’s blindingly obvious that’s the prudent thing to do. Oh and the manager and the press had already stated we needed to sell to buy numerous times. 

It shouldn’t have come as a shock to anyone that we didn’t sign him when we didn’t actually sell anyone, unless they are being obtuse and ignoring what the manager has been saying. 

4 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not a great way to treat the player is it? Fly him over, have him at the training ground, only to say 'Sorry, Stef, turns out we can't afford you and never could. Thanks for coming.'

That is pathetic from the club and I'm surprised some are still defending it.

They are defending it because lining up a deal was the right thing to do. And if it’s been clearly explained to the player and his agent what exactly is the problem? If he’s not bothered, why should you be bothered on his behalf. 

Even if he didn’t know, you do what’s right for the club and not the player. And the right thing to do was have a deal in the pipeline. 

I can’t believe people actually think not having a deal lined up would be preferable. 

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

It shouldn’t have come as a shock to anyone that we didn’t sign him when we didn’t actually sell anyone, unless they are being obtuse and ignoring what the manager has been saying. 

We shouldn't have dragged him over for a medical then, or we should have actually got somebody out the door first.

29 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If being less badly run than Everton and Forest is your barometer for success then there's a problem.

.  No one is saying that are they?

you should get a job for the tories if that’s how you are going to keep spinning things…

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We shouldn't have dragged him over for a medical then, or we should have actually got somebody out the door first.

Why, why do you care about potentially upsetting the player, who is likely to have understood the situation anyway. You do what’s right for the club.

If you wait until a player goes, then you might be a player down and not have enough time to get the other player in. 

Get it all lined up and if the dominos fall then great. If they don’t then so be it, a bit of frustration all around but that’s life.

Do you think most players and agents haven’t had all sorts of prospective transfers fall through previously? It’s football, especially when it’s a transfer near the final day. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why, why do you care about potentially upsetting the player, who is likely to have understood the situation anyway. You do what’s right for the club.

If you wait until a player goes, then you might be a player down and not have enough time to get the other player in. 

Get it all lined up and if the dominos fall then great. If they don’t then so be it, a bit of frustration all around but that’s life.

Do you think most players and agents haven’t had all sorts of prospective transfers fall through previously? It’s football, especially when it’s a transfer near the final day. 

He's far less likely to sign in the summer, Inter probably think very little of us, his agent and by extension his roster are likely put off. There are further implications to it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Seventyseven said:

Exactly. That’s where Forest went wrong though as they did breach but only for a few weeks as they held out for a bigger fee for Johnson. But they are back comfortably within the losses now. 

And as I said before this season will really hurt us as we can only lose 63m rather than 105m like PL clubs.

let’s be honest the whole FFP thing is a farce designed to keep the smaller clubs less competitive. 

im concerned our finances are as tight as they are. Makes keeping onto KDH difficult as homegrown players count as pure profit to FFP. 

Forest aren’t fine at all unless they sell again this summer. 

The Brennan Johnson sale won’t cover it unless they now break even in the next windows.

22/23 they made a 190million loss in the transfer market.

23/24 they are currently sitting on a 50 million loss in the market. 

21/22 they lost 46 million despite promotion to the premier league. 

They will likely have to sell this summer just to comply. If they get relegated they would be in a much worse FFP position than us. 

Cant see them making a profit on MGW, Sangare etc.

Maybe Murillo (who I think is being overhyped).