Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei being recalled

9 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

We’ve clearly requested that Chelsea take him back to free up space for someone we believe will be stronger for us

Was my first thought

3 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

We’ve clearly requested that Chelsea take him back to free up space for someone we believe will be stronger for us

Yup.

We can't get rid of our deadwood so we have to cancel a loan.

Casadei was a disappointment but we need more players not a swap for a well known sicknote.

Can Chelsea send him on loan to another club cos I can't see him getting first team football there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

What do you reckon, we've tipped them the wink that we aren't averse to a recall so we can get Sensi in and this is a bit of face saving for the lad? 

Even if that were true, makes no sense to do it ahead of a game weekend 

he isn’t going to be competing for a squad place at Chelsea straight away.  If he left next Tuesday then I get it. 

I wonder if we told him and Chelsea that he wouldn’t be getting as much game time because we intended to sign sensi and he would be behind him. And both the player and Chelsea weren’t happy about it. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Yup.

We can't get rid of our deadwood so we have to cancel a loan.

Casadei was a disappointment but we need more players not a swap for a well known sicknote.

Can Chelsea send him on loan to another club cos I can't see him getting first team football there.

I’m not so sure. It was reported that he’s joining their first team squad and taking up a spot, which suggests that Chelsea wanted him back. 

18 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

I’m not so sure. It was reported that he’s joining their first team squad and taking up a spot, which suggests that Chelsea wanted him back. 

It’s debatable if he’s up to Championship standard. Never mind Chelsea’s squad! 

35 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Whoever is reporting that is smoking crack.

1) Literally anyone who's watched him knows he's not good enough

2) He's young enough that they wouldn't need to waste a squad space on him.

47 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he isn’t going to be competing for a squad place at Chelsea straight away.  If he left next Tuesday then I get it. 

I wonder if we told him and Chelsea that he wouldn’t be getting as much game time because we intended to sign sensi and he would be behind him. And both the player and Chelsea weren’t happy about it. 

I think he almost certainly goes out on loan somewhere he will be signed as starter. He may need to drop into league one or the bottom half of the championship.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well it was the Telegraph journalist who first said it was happening! Just read the first post in this thread. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Lesley Ugochukwu has picked up an injury with an undetermined timeframe. Looks like Casadei might replace him in the squad, rather than forward planning for a Gallagher sale.

When you look at it like that, it's not that big of a deal. It's not like Ugo is a prominent name in the game is it?

55 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Lesley Ugochukwu has picked up an injury with an undetermined timeframe. Looks like Casadei might replace him in the squad, rather than forward planning for a Gallagher sale.

When you look at it like that, it's not that big of a deal. It's not like Ugo is a prominent name in the game is it?

He's not in the 25 man squad though. He's in the b list for u21s, which basically any player u21 will be.

Im fairly confident the reporters are making an ill-informed guess on this one. 

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

He's not in the 25 man squad though. He's in the b list for u21s, which basically any player u21 will be.

I'm not sure what you mean? Ugochukwu has played 10 times for Chelsea this season and is now injured for the foreseeable. Casadei might be being brought back to replace him in the squad. Not sure what his u21 status has to do with anything.

I think Casadei has a lot of potential. He’s already got a good knack of arriving in the penalty area in the right place at the right time and we’ve seen glimpses of what he could be. He also had a useful physical presence. That said we’ve also seen how bad he can be. The inconsistency of youth. It’s left us thin in midfield, which is not good. If we can get Sensi in during this window it won’t harm us, but if we don’t I think it could. 

Edited by An Away Move

He’s showed signs and glimpses of ability.

I’m not convinced he will be a midfielder long term. 

It leaves us short and I just hope we have a plan to beat Ipswich on Monday. We don’t want the wheels falling off. 

After a couple of months I realised that he's actually a centre back masquerading as a midfielder. He's an average passer, not particularly good at pressing, can't control the ball, absolutely refused to turn into space in midfield yet he's very good at heading. He would've been a perfect no-nonsense defender in a Tony Pulis side.

I wasn’t blown away by him but he was no where near as bad as this thread suggests.

He was starting to show more regular glimpses of why he’s so highly rated so it’s a shame about the timing. And extremely curious, I’d love to know the full story 

12 hours ago, st albans fox said:

The timing does seem odd but your suggestion makes most sense.

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

More to suggest Chelsea wanted him to return as they think he has potential: 

Baffling. I'm sure this is all hype and agent talk, but still...he's just not ready for that level yet. He needs regular game time at a midtable Championship club IMHO.

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

More to suggest Chelsea wanted him to return as they think he has potential: 

Experienced PL players will run him ragged as he is not ready to deal with their pace / pressing. 

38 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

I wasn’t blown away by him but he was no where near as bad as this thread suggests.

He was starting to show more regular glimpses of why he’s so highly rated so it’s a shame about the timing. And extremely curious, I’d love to know the full story 

That’s a fair assessment, he was starting to show glimpses and I’m sure he’ll have improved further as the season went on, he’ll do well in his career I’m sure but no way is he ready for Chelsea. This has to be linked to Enzo’s probable assessment that sensi is a more vital player, with his injury record is a little risky. 

22 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Baffling. I'm sure this is all hype and agent talk, but still...he's just not ready for that level yet. He needs regular game time at a midtable Championship club IMHO.

There's been quite a few players who have struggled at championship level then performed elsewhere. Balogun was mediocre at Middlesborough then got 19 goals in ligue 1 one season later for example.

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

There's been quite a few players who have struggled at championship level then performed elsewhere. Balogun was mediocre at Middlesborough then got 19 goals in ligue 1 one season later for example.

Harry Kane anyone? 

• Like 1