Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei being recalled

7 minutes ago, Foxysausages said:

Harry Kane anyone? 

Kane was great at Millwall playing in his proper position. 

We took him on loan when we didn't really need him and played him out of his natural role. We never had any evidence at Leicester really that he wasn't good enough to step up. 

I quite like Casadei and I wish him well but he was quite a bit off the pace in the Championship. His passing is a weakness in his game, it was often wayward and his touch is inconsistent. Takes him way too long to get the ball under control and the Premiership is faster still. 

He's young, he's got years to improve, he just isn't ready yet and rushing him won't help. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Sensi deal you'd suspect the reasoning here as others have mentioned. Clearly no confidence in shifting anyone else. Just hope if the case this bloke stays fit or were in trouble.

😅😅😅 why would chelsea recall him so we can do a deal.

35 minutes ago, sylofox said:

😅😅😅 why would chelsea recall him so we can do a deal.

We may have told them we were doing the sensi deal anyway because another player is leaving 

them recalling him is better for the player than us sending him back or having him a 70th min sub in most games 

and has anyone mooted the idea that they had a recall clause if he failed to play a certain no of available minutes ???  I’m sure they would prefer (and expected) him to play more than he has. 

Edited by st albans fox

7 hours ago, foxesfan98 said:

After a couple of months I realised that he's actually a centre back masquerading as a midfielder. He's an average passer, not particularly good at pressing, can't control the ball, absolutely refused to turn into space in midfield yet he's very good at heading. He would've been a perfect no-nonsense defender in a Tony Pulis side.

I get it … big lad, consistently won aerial duels, but showed little technique or understanding as a midfielder.  Yet some Chelsea fans think he’s destined for an AM role. 

He has talent and was starting to improve.  I’ll be interested to see where he ends up.  I can’t see playing him in the Prem now though.  Could really set him back.

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

I get it … big lad, consistently won aerial duels, but showed little technique or understanding as a midfielder.  Yet some Chelsea fans think he’s destined for an AM role. 

He has talent and was starting to improve.  I’ll be interested to see where he ends up.  I can’t see playing him in the Prem now though.  Could really set him back.

One of Chelsea’s favourite AM’s Frank Lampard was mainly a deeper lying striker who didn’t offer that much as a normal midfielder tbf. Butch Casadei could emulate that as he gets in good positions to score and he’s outstanding in the air. He struggled with the pace of our game tho and he didn’t like tracking back. He also needs to look after the ball better, it always seems to be miles ahead of him when it’s in his possession. He got dispossessed so often partly because of this. 

• Like 2

A quote from the latest Percy article:

"There was also widespread surprise when Chelsea exercised the recall of Cesare Casadei from his loan on Friday, after the midfielder missed an agreed number of appearances."

Which surprises me given he was in the squad for all 25 games he's been here, playing in 22 of them, so I wonder what the number was. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

A quote from the latest Percy article:

"There was also widespread surprise when Chelsea exercised the recall of Cesare Casadei from his loan on Friday, after the midfielder missed an agreed number of appearances."

Which surprises me given he was in the squad for all 25 games he's been here, playing in 22 of them, so I wonder what the number was. 

Assume must be playing minutes available. Effectively, Appearing for the last 20 mins four times = 1 appearance 

Actually thought he had turned the corner and was showing a bit of form, Chelsea must loan a dozen or more players out each season and I bet none have seen as much game time as Butch did, just can’t believe they want him back for the first team squad… 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Enzo's interview confirmed it was Chelsea's decision to recall him, said they were surprised. 

Smacks of desperation from Poch. 

I also think it is unprofessional from Chelsea to recall a player that is developing here and very likely won't be the answer for them. 

I won't be surprised if he features from the bench once or twice and is then quickly dropped and doesn't play again for them. 

As long as we get Sensi and another more physical CM to cover Ndidi, then I think we won't have lost much from this decision by Chelsea.

The player himself will likely have lost most from this.

EDIT: Just read further up that it could be because he didn't play enough minutes. Makes more sense now why Enzo persisted with him early on, where he was clearly struggling. Still think he was developing well here with the games he was getting. Chelsea should have let him stay. Might work out best for us though if we work some magic in this window. 

Edited by STUHILL
  • Like 1

I have no idea how reliable these guys are but just read the article where Pochettino comments on Casadei's recall. The first line is what baffles me with the whole thing.

https://football-italia.net/pochettino-explains-chelsea-plans-for-italy-talent-casadei/

'He must decide whether he will be part of his first team plans'. Why have they bothered recalling him then? The way he was developing with us with his game time increasing, about to enter a period where he'd probably begin to get a lot more starts as well. It's got to be someone at Chelsea not happy with the minutes he's had - doesn't sound like it was Pochettino that ordered the recall. Wouldn't surprise me now to see him sent off on loan to one of our promotion rivals now or possibly back to Italy.

15 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Smacks of desperation from Poch. 

I also think it is unprofessional from Chelsea to recall a player that is developing here and very likely won't be the answer for them. 

I won't be surprised if he features from the bench once or twice and is then quickly dropped and doesn't play again for them. 

As long as we get Sensi and another more physical CM to cover Ndidi, then I think we won't have lost much from this decision by Chelsea.

The player himself will likely have lost most from this.

EDIT: Just read further up that it could be because he didn't play enough minutes. Makes more sense now why Enzo persisted with him early on, where he was clearly struggling. Still think he was developing well here with the games he was getting. Chelsea should have let him stay. Might work out best for us though if we work some magic in this window. 

Poch didn’t mention the minutes tbf, just Percy. Poch was quoted as saying he was happy with Casadei and his performances were the factor in deciding he deserved a chance. 

On 22/01/2024 at 15:27, Lichfieldfox. said:

Guessing he'll be loaned or to another club that will give him game time. Can't see him anywhere near the Chelsea first team this season.

I hope they lend him to Southampton

On 23/01/2024 at 15:28, funkyrobot said:

There was no reason why they couldn’t have waited until after the Ipswich game considering the lack of notice given to Leicester and considering Chelsea didn’t have a game Casadei could play in until February 4th. It’s a lack of respect shown to a team that was giving their inexperienced player significant game time. I’d steer clear of doing any loan business with Chelsea in the future. 

They'd have been cut off date to which they can recall, 

Was certainly the case with Sarmiento - on loan at WBA from Brighton. 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

They'd have been cut off date to which they can recall, 

Was certainly the case with Sarmiento - on loan at WBA from Brighton. 

I think the fact that even Enzo was surprised suggests that Chelsea at the very least gave the very minimum of notice even if the cut off date was before the end of Jan. Casadei and the club were informed by Chelsea after the Friday training that he was being recalled the following day. That is pretty poor form IMO. Not surprised though, Chelsea lacked class with the Fofana deal and tapped up and unsettled Chilwell very early too, to the point he was telling everyone he was off to Chelsea half way through his last season with us. 

• Like 1