Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jerseybean

Contributions to Bristol City match thread

Hello from a Bristol City fan

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

• Like 2

Bristol is the most traffic-ridden city in the UK outside London and I hate the time it takes to get from Brizzawl A to Brizzawl B. Don't mind the people though because it is up with Glasgow and Birmingham among the most friendly cities in the UK. If you want a good laugh with a Bristolian follow The Professor of Bristolian on Facebook. Top bloke. Not sure whether he supports Bristol City or the Gas.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

your club is complete scum. Purely on the basis that you sacked big nige lol

I think I speak for most on here when I say that Bristol City had become our second team for the obvious connection of Nige, matty james, kingy and briefly simmo. But that all disappeared when you culled our favourite guy. 

I’ve got money on you to finish top half but now just hope you lose. Sorry, but football brings out childishness  lol 

You can join watford on the naughty step 

Yep the majority of us were gutted by his sacking and the manner of it

It always saddens me when Nigel Pearson gets sacked.  Pearson  builds a team, doesn’t buy one. He’s got the ability to work within a budget and change the mentality of the the team and players. He pays special attention to a players character and personality.

None of that can happen overnight and not many teams give him enough time. It seemed like you guys were starting to do that so fair play to you but then it all came crashing down. Owners lose patience?  

as you can tell Nigel will always have a special place in our hearts.

Are you aware of some of the  hilarious interviews and ‘Nigelisms’ he did whilst here?

im assuming the “ Are you an Ostrich ?” Press conference is well known..

• Like 2

After how Jamie Vardy celebrated when he scored at the KP against you give him as much s**t as you can that will wind him up and go on to score a hat-trick. Anyway any decent away friendly pubs near the ground, see you there.

17 hours ago, jerseybean said:

Hello from a Bristol City fan

Ahead of our forthcoming game I’m putting together the opening post for our forum’s (One Team in Bristol, https://www.otib.co.uk/?_fromLogin=1) match thread, which will be posted the day before the match.

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans so if anybody would like to share info please do, anything would be appreciated, fans thoughts about the game, players who have represented both clubs, tales from when we’ve met previously, a fans view on your season, etc.

Look forward to receiving info and to a great game.

wish nige was still with you then again id like him here now doing some work as such a top man. would have been glad of a draw at ashton gate but wins needed at mo, been 75  grounds but your aint one on em just never got round to it , your due a go in the prem but dont think this may will bring you a place , first mems of bc was when you drew with mighty dirty leeds in fa cup 5th round 50 year ago as a div 2 team , tea time wednesday after my gramp told me you had won 1.0 at ellend road as i may be dreaming it but the match was played in afternoon !! maybe due to power cuts at times ? anyhow couldnt wait to tear in to leeds fans who were the manc and chelsea types in 74 . dick fear rings a bell. all the best friend. 

On 07/03/2024 at 21:50, jerseybean said:

I would like to include some perspectives from your fans 

Oh boy, there’s a mistake. You really don’t. Not even most of us want to read the perspective of most of our fans. 

• Haha 2