Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Norovirus

Haven't got Norovirus but for the last couple of weeks I've been incredibly congested and had a terrible cough.

Not sure if it's a virus going round or something else. I thought it might be connected acid reflux as it's worse just after I eat and pasta and dairy seems to be worse than others. At the same time my girlfriend caught the same cough so who knows. 

17 hours ago, Babylon said:

The flu is going about as well. I know loads who have it and haven’t even mixed.

It sucks.

Had the flu about 2 months ago, that was a wild ride. Ended up on anti biotics for 2

weeks and I’d say I’m a pretty healthy guy. 

25 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Had the flu about 2 months ago, that was a wild ride. Ended up on anti biotics for 2

Had similar last month, absolutely knocked me off my feet for 2 or 3 weeks 

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Had similar last month, absolutely knocked me off my feet for 2 or 3 weeks 

There was me stupidly thinking I was on the mend on day 3 yesterday afternoon... until the next fever hit last night.

The headache I've got is something else! don't matter how many or what pills you take, nothing touches it. 

Edited by Babylon

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There was me stupidly thinking I was on the mend on day 3 yesterday afternoon... until the next fever hit last night.

The headache I've got is something else! don't matter how many or what pills you take, nothing touches it. 

Yep sounds like what I had. I lost 2 KGs as i barely ate for 48 hours.

Caught it while seeing mates in Northern Ireland, all 4 of us were a mess for at least a week.

Those who've had the flu recently, did you get a flu vaccine in the winter or not?

No agenda or vaccine propaganda incoming, genuinely interested to see if you got it bad even with a vaccine, which would suggest it's a pretty damn nasty strain.

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Those who've had the flu recently, did you get a flu vaccine in the winter or not?

No agenda or vaccine propaganda incoming, genuinely interested to see if you got it bad even with a vaccine, which would suggest it's a pretty damn nasty strain.

Nah didn’t have it, I will next time though after that.

20 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Anybody else get any symptoms post Chelsea away?

Out of interest where were you sat as my lads friend who sat in lower tier has been really ill with these symptoms and remains really unwell. 

28 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I would have if I were eligible; alas, I'm not.   

40 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I think there is a suggestion that both flu and covid mutated after the vaccine was prepared, so the strain people are catching is not the strain the vaccine is prepared against.  It doesn't make the vaccin useless, just less effective.

I think me and my mother both had covid (we had it at the same time, so it would surely have been the same thing).  I was no tmuch affected, but my mother had a fortnight in hospital with pneumonia.  (She got over it.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, notnow john said:

You can pay for it cost me less than twenty quid.

Not claiming it’s the reason I’ve not flu  this year but it’s worth it if it reduces the risk.

I certainly will be next year :D

1 hour ago, dsr-burnley said:

I think there is a suggestion that both flu and covid mutated after the vaccine was prepared, so the strain people are catching is not the strain the vaccine is prepared against.  It doesn't make the vaccin useless, just less effective.

I think me and my mother both had covid (we had it at the same time, so it would surely have been the same thing).  I was no tmuch affected, but my mother had a fortnight in hospital with pneumonia.  (She got over it.)

Not sure what it is post covid but efficacy of the flu vaccine is pretty low (like around 10%). Have a friend who's a doctor and she didn't take it even though offered to her for free as she didn't think it was worth the risk/reward. Please don't attack me as some kind of anti-vaxxer, I've had covid shots and all the other vaccines as a kid/young adult etc. 

I've had covid, hepatitis A and norovirus and norovirus was by far the worst of the three (though HAV lasted much longer).

Seriously, stuff leaving every orifice of your body simultaneously is no fun.

I had a nasty chest infection/cold/ flu type thing that lasted a fortnight in February. Left me feeling wrecked. Two weeks later I went to visit a friend. The day after, she was taken to hospital, really ill with what turned out to be Norovirus and Diff. C -  roll on 24 hours and I started to suffer with vomiting and diarrhoea. Spent 6 days in bed and went from 10st6lb to 8st12lb. 
I’ve not felt so ill ever before, still only 9st4lb and feeling weak. 

7 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

If you were on anti-biotics you must have had a bacterial infection of some sort. Maybe a chest infection/pneumonia secondary to the 'flu?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jgtuk said:

I had a nasty chest infection/cold/ flu type thing that lasted a fortnight in February. Left me feeling wrecked. Two weeks later I went to visit a friend. The day after, she was taken to hospital, really ill with what turned out to be Norovirus and Diff. C -  roll on 24 hours and I started to suffer with vomiting and diarrhoea. Spent 6 days in bed and went from 10st6lb to 8st12lb. 
I’ve not felt so ill ever before, still only 9st4lb and feeling weak. 

And he's 7' 3"

8 hours ago, danny. said:

Not sure what it is post covid but efficacy of the flu vaccine is pretty low (like around 10%). Have a friend who's a doctor and she didn't take it even though offered to her for free as she didn't think it was worth the risk/reward. Please don't attack me as some kind of anti-vaxxer, I've had covid shots and all the other vaccines as a kid/young adult etc. 

10% of what?  Is it that vaccinated people who get flu average 90% of the symptoms of unvaccinated people who get flu?  Or that 10% fewer vaccinated people get flu than unvaccinated people?

13 hours ago, Parafox said:

If you were on anti-biotics you must have had a bacterial infection of some sort. Maybe a chest infection/pneumonia secondary to the 'flu?

Yeah, ended up with a really bad chest infection on the back of the flu mate. Thought it was pneumonia at one point but Drs didn’t suggest it.

They gave me some horrific antibiotics the second time round and told me to take 2 on the first day but only with food… guess who didn’t eat enough.

• Haha 2