Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Eddie Nketia

2 hours ago, kenny said:

I'm sure there will be a gentleman's agreement amongst the big 6 that sees their academy players move between them like Palmer to Chelsea.

Not sure about that but I will have my eyes on whether we see a Southampton player sold to Man City (or one of their overseas clubs) over the next few windows at what looks to be quite an inflated price 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There was some stuff on social media about a swap deal with kdh and nketiah.  lots of comments about how this makes no sense because we need money pre June 30 

it occurs to me that we value kdh at 40m but no one will pay that given our situation.  Arsenal value nketiah at 40m but again, no one is paying that for him. 

so here’s a thought …. We sell kdh to arsenal in June for 40m 

we buy nketiah in July for 40m 

positive in our ledger to June 30  of 40m 

For 24/25 onwards we have negative 8m each season on nketiah.  He isn’t worth it but the consequences for our psr position is excellent. 

the reality is that we will be v lucky to get 30m for kdh in June. arsenal similar with nketiah.  The above shows how we can manipulate the situation to our advantage, 

Bit like Winks and Maddison....!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Bit like Winks and Maddison....!

Perfect illustration of how sh1te we are 

we could easily have sold madders for 50m and paid 20m for winks which sticks another 10m in the positive column for a period we knew we would fail.  Do you think we inflated 5m on the deals we did? 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2024 at 19:09, st albans fox said:

There was some stuff on social media about a swap deal with kdh and nketiah.  lots of comments about how this makes no sense because we need money pre June 30 

it occurs to me that we value kdh at 40m but no one will pay that given our situation.  Arsenal value nketiah at 40m but again, no one is paying that for him. 

so here’s a thought …. We sell kdh to arsenal in June for 40m 

we buy nketiah in July for 40m 

positive in our ledger to June 30  of 40m 

For 24/25 onwards we have negative 8m each season on nketiah.  He isn’t worth it but the consequences for our psr position is excellent. 

the reality is that we will be v lucky to get 30m for kdh in June. arsenal similar with nketiah.  The above shows how we can manipulate the situation to our advantage, 

Think you're totally missing the point that KDH, as an academy product, is potentially our most saleable and profit worthy asset in order to raise revenue to attempt to balance the FFP books. You don't do that by swapping players. In fact if we did go up and face a points deduction, such a stunt would only serve to attract a bigger punishment!

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Think you're totally missing the point that KDH, as an academy product, is potentially our most saleable and profit worthy asset in order to raise revenue to attempt to balance the FFP books. You don't do that by swapping players. In fact if we did go up and face a points deduction, such a stunt would only serve to attract a bigger punishment!

We aren’t swapping players in my suggestion 

• Like 1