Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Eddie Nketia

6 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Sorry to say, but he is a championship level striker at best.  I wouldn’t be unhappy to see him leave. 

if he can finish from 2 yards… we’ll take him 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Nketiah? What exactly has he done to convince anyone that at his age he's now Premiership standard?  Think I'd rather start getting Cannon ready now!

With Vardy possibly on his way out and  seniorman  out of contract, we may we’ll need another striker anyway..

• Like 1

Just isn’t right for what we’ll need if we go up.  We need players who buy into a 2-3 year plan of establishing ourselves on a sound financial footing,  That’s potential relegation and lower wages if that happens.

I can’t see any PL player at a big club wanting that.  Why would they?

Top Championship Talent and foreign leagues for me.

I'm not convinced about this one. At 25 he's not exactly a novice and yet he hasn't made a breakthrough. Unless he's a very late developer.

I also don't remember Arsenal releasing too many gems. Walcot was probably the last good player they let go that had a decent Prem career.

A couple of years ago Arsenal were struggling for Goals and he couldn't get in the Team then.

But I guess we'll be back shoppping mostly in Europe or Central America.

4 hours ago, MPH said:

With Vardy possibly on his way out and  seniorman  out of contract, we may we’ll need another striker anyway..

I absolutely agree but whether he's suitable is a different matter. The lack of a proper goalscorer is arguably Arsenal's weak point this season and even then he can't get a regular place in the side. I doubt he'd be reasonably priced either for our situation. 

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I absolutely agree but whether he's suitable is a different matter. The lack of a proper goalscorer is arguably Arsenal's weak point this season and even then he can't get a regular place in the side. I doubt he'd be reasonably priced either for our situation. 

yeah, it all comes down to price, really… 

id be ok with someone not being a regular at Arsenal still being good enough for our team, mind you…

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 01:52, MPH said:

Haha!

Leicester City have joined Crystal Palace and Brentford in the race for Eddie Nketiah, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Championship side believes that covering the Arsenal striker’s wages won't be a problem if they get promoted, while Jamie Vardy is likely to move on at the end of the season, which will free up £150,000 a week, we are told. Brentford are anticipating the departure of Ivan Toney, and Crystal Palace have shown long-term interest in Nketiah in previous windows.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/exclusive-newsnow/arsenal-transfer-news-leicester-city-brentford-crystal-palace-eddie-nketiah-steve-kay

Brentford would probably be a good move for him when Toney leaves

to be fair if we March on in next season  with a 30m bid upon getting promotion, then that's trolling of the highest order..  you cant face consecutive years of FFP breaches and do things like that lol

On 04/04/2024 at 22:45, MPH said:

We'll need a striker - but just signing someone who's no good because their agents selling them is kinda what got us into this mess  :p

• Like 1

On 04/04/2024 at 01:52, MPH said:

Haha!

Leicester City have joined Crystal Palace and Brentford in the race for Eddie Nketiah, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Championship side believes that covering the Arsenal striker’s wages won't be a problem if they get promoted, while Jamie Vardy is likely to move on at the end of the season, which will free up £150,000 a week, we are told. Brentford are anticipating the departure of Ivan Toney, and Crystal Palace have shown long-term interest in Nketiah in previous windows.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/exclusive-newsnow/arsenal-transfer-news-leicester-city-brentford-crystal-palace-eddie-nketiah-steve-kay

The financial reality (second thoughts, he really should join Palace!):

529612-22684188-2560-1440.jpg

There was some stuff on social media about a swap deal with kdh and nketiah.  lots of comments about how this makes no sense because we need money pre June 30 

it occurs to me that we value kdh at 40m but no one will pay that given our situation.  Arsenal value nketiah at 40m but again, no one is paying that for him. 

so here’s a thought …. We sell kdh to arsenal in June for 40m 

we buy nketiah in July for 40m 

positive in our ledger to June 30  of 40m 

For 24/25 onwards we have negative 8m each season on nketiah.  He isn’t worth it but the consequences for our psr position is excellent. 

the reality is that we will be v lucky to get 30m for kdh in June. arsenal similar with nketiah.  The above shows how we can manipulate the situation to our advantage, 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

There was some stuff on social media about a swap deal with kdh and nketiah.  lots of comments about how this makes no sense because we need money pre June 30 

it occurs to me that we value kdh at 40m but no one will pay that given our situation.  Arsenal value nketiah at 40m but again, no one is paying that for him. 

For 24/25 onwards we have negative 8m each season on nketiah.  He isn’t worth it but the consequences for our psr position is excellent. 

the reality is that we will be v lucky to get 30m for kdh in June. arsenal similar with nketiah.  The above shows how we can manipulate the situation to our advantage, 

I thought something similar about overvalued swap deal as it is pure profit for kdh being academy. Could go a long way towards staying in ffp this season and avoiding a double hit and if overvalued, gives us a bit of a buffer. No way a full swap though. Not saying this is the value but eg. IF we wanted nketiah plus 10m,then it's 50m for kdh and 40 for nketiah , rather than 10 and 20.

And there ladies and gentlemen, is yet another loophole which cleverer people than us will always find. 

Edited by gw_leics772

52 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

I thought something similar about overvalued swap deal as it is pure profit for kdh being academy. Could go a long way towards staying in ffp this season and avoiding a double hit and if overvalued, gives us a bit of a buffer. No way a full swap though. Not saying this is the value but eg. IF we wanted nketiah plus 10m,then it's 50m for kdh and 40 for nketiah , rather than 10 and 20.

And there ladies and gentlemen, is yet another loophole which cleverer people than us will always find. 

Yep - I just used nketiah as an example. Wherever we have to sell kdh, we should be looking at one of their players and doing this.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I like the general concept - however I hate the example :D

I'm not really a fan of amortisation of transfer fees - it just feels like kicking a problem down the road and giving you a false sense of having money. For me, if you spend £30m on a player, then that should go down as £30m on your accounts for that season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I like the general concept - however I hate the example :D

I'm not really a fan of amortisation of transfer fees - it just feels like kicking a problem down the road and giving you a false sense of having money. For me, if you spend £30m on a player, then that should go down as £30m on your accounts for that season.

Appreciate what you’re saying but that’s not how ffp works and we are in a deep hole 

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Appreciate what you’re saying but that’s not how ffp works and we are in a deep hole 

Yeah I get it's the standard - it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

But yeah I get the concept of both "spending" x amount on a player instead of just trading so you can beef each otherfs numbers up. Just if we did that and ended up with Nketiah then we've just saddled ourselves to an average championship striker who would be on massive wages - hence why I hate the example haha.

Do it with KDH and Emile Smith-Rowe and I'm much happier :D

21 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah I get it's the standard - it just doesn't make sense to me at all.

But yeah I get the concept of both "spending" x amount on a player instead of just trading so you can beef each otherfs numbers up. Just if we did that and ended up with Nketiah then we've just saddled ourselves to an average championship striker who would be on massive wages - hence why I hate the example haha.

Do it with KDH and Emile Smith-Rowe and I'm much happier :D

It does seem to be open to abuse.  I mean we could do the esr deal instead (not that arsenal would agree to that) and there could be a discounted buy back clause available to them which effectively means we’re loaning the fellow but able to make the most of an inflated kdh fee this June to avoid further sanctions from the efl. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It does seem to be open to abuse.  I mean we could do the esr deal instead (not that arsenal would agree to that) and there could be a discounted buy back clause available to them which effectively means we’re loaning the fellow but able to make the most of an inflated kdh fee this June to avoid further sanctions from the efl. 

I'm sure there will be a gentleman's agreement amongst the big 6 that sees their academy players move between them like Palmer to Chelsea.