Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Eddie Nketia

Haha!

Leicester City have joined Crystal Palace and Brentford in the race for Eddie Nketiah, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Championship side believes that covering the Arsenal striker’s wages won't be a problem if they get promoted, while Jamie Vardy is likely to move on at the end of the season, which will free up £150,000 a week, we are told. Brentford are anticipating the departure of Ivan Toney, and Crystal Palace have shown long-term interest in Nketiah in previous windows.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/exclusive-newsnow/arsenal-transfer-news-leicester-city-brentford-crystal-palace-eddie-nketiah-steve-kay

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

May be able to get this done if  Arsenal and Eddie are willing to accept payment of fee and wages in Monopoly money

Just get King Power / OHL to pay him and not Leicester. All gravy then. 

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just get King Power / OHL to pay him and not Leicester. All gravy then. 

Is this allowed under PSR and FFP? If it is you would question why we haven’t done this before - for example with Rodger’s wages.

Wasnt one of the (many) charges linked to Man City allegedly hiding / routing payments of wages to Mancini via third party company?

6 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Is this allowed under PSR and FFP? If it is you would question why we haven’t done this before - for example with Rodger’s wages.

Wasnt one of the (many) charges linked to Man City allegedly hiding / routing payments of wages to Mancini via third party company?

Yes, it was. 

44 minutes ago, teblin said:

Not for me, I think we will be shopping in a completely different market if we go up. Young players that have sell on value and are not already on big wages.

Yep it'll be young players proven at Championship level.

I see everyone is glossing over the fact it mentions Vardy is on his way out. Which may or may not be true, of course… they might just be guessing. Depends on his wage demands, I suppose…

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

I see everyone is glossing over the fact it mentions Vardy is on his way out. Which may or may not be true, of course… they might just be guessing. Depends on his wage demands, I suppose…

And that is says he is on 150k a week :ph34r:

10 hours ago, MPH said:

Haha!

Leicester City have joined Crystal Palace and Brentford in the race for Eddie Nketiah, FootballTransfers can reveal.

The Championship side believes that covering the Arsenal striker’s wages won't be a problem if they get promoted, while Jamie Vardy is likely to move on at the end of the season, which will free up £150,000 a week, we are told. Brentford are anticipating the departure of Ivan Toney, and Crystal Palace have shown long-term interest in Nketiah in previous windows.

https://www.footballtransfers.com/en/transfer-news/tag/exclusive-newsnow/arsenal-transfer-news-leicester-city-brentford-crystal-palace-eddie-nketiah-steve-kay

Did he not take a pay cut for relegation? If he didn't it's absolutely criminal that we did not try to mutually terminate in the summer. But surely he had a cut in his contract?

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Did he not take a pay cut for relegation? If he didn't it's absolutely criminal that we did not try to mutually terminate in the summer. But surely he had a cut in his contract?

Well, if we are seriously going to go after Nketiah, it will be becasuse we are in the prem in which case id be very surprised if  any surviving players  wages wouldnt have been restored back to previous prem wages levels..

1 hour ago, MPH said:

He doesn't have a contract and there's been no mention of an extension discussion - they are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. It's not news is it?

Edited by ajthefox

7 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

He doesn't have a contract and there's been no mention of an extension discussion - they are putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4. It's not news is it?

I think its fairly clear  what they are saying - he is not going to be offered a new deal.

This sounds like your wife deciding to go to Tenerife instead of the Maldives this year when you've just explained to her you've lost your job, you're overdraft and credit cards are maxed out and you can't pay the bills or mortgage this month.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

This sounds like your wife deciding to go to Tenerife instead of the Maldives this year when you've just explained to her you've lost your job, you're overdraft and credit cards are maxed out and you can't pay the bills or mortgage this month.

Pretty much Gerald's story from The Full Monty.

Maybe Top, Rudders and Susan can do a charity striptease event.....

8 hours ago, MPH said:

Well, if we are seriously going to go after Nketiah, it will be becasuse we are in the prem in which case id be very surprised if  any surviving players  wages wouldnt have been restored back to previous prem wages levels..

Nketiah? What exactly has he done to convince anyone that at his age he's now Premiership standard?  Think I'd rather start getting Cannon ready now!

• Like 2