Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Coventry’s Obsession With Us

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Cov hatred this season has become huge. The away particularly was as hate filled  as I have seen a Leicester game in yonks.

I thought that tbf, cov away everyone seemed riled up!

• Like 1

I'm from North Warwickshire, my hometown isn't really full of Cov fans but there's not many Leicester here either, it's mainly Villa and Man Utd. 

I've always hated Cov, they really are a strange breed, the sort of people who always had one shoe size bigger at school and completely obsessed with their own dump of a city, excitable bunch, hoping United smash them 8-0 in the Cup. 

2 hours ago, Raj said:

We would laugh at their demise too and I'm sure we did when they fell from grace and didnt even have a ground.

Let's not be too precious about our own shower of sh2t situation.

Really don't get that kind of attitude, especially to rivals. Don't you want to have a chance of still playing them often to enjoy the 'rivalry'? And especially for clubs outside of the elite; you have to suffer enough heartache for the faintest glimmer of success and joy. You can be damn sure that supporting these clubs means a lot more than it does for your average Chelsea, Man United etc. fan. I want all clubs to stay in business and fans to not worry for the long term future.

All by the 'big 6' that is. Those soulless monsters can do one.

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The citizens of Coventry need the football, as that seems like the only appealing thing about the city overall..

The citizens of Coventry haha the formality is cracking me up. 

• Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32
3 hours ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Just popped into the Sky Blues forum and they have a whole thread dedicated to our predicament at the minute.. bless saying we’ve cheated etc

To you is this a genuine rivalry or they equivalent to Forest’s Opinion of us how we couldn’t care less about them?

Looking at the fixtures hopefully they’ll be doing us a few favours soon 🙏

yeah they could give leeds and ipswich problems :fc: can play a bit and robbins done well again. last i heard they had villa as their rivals but villa dint know owt about it. they would have got it off forest as u say but let them and derby enjoy the brian clough cup and well make do with being champions and cup winners in recent times , its years since the 3 on em won owt but i can remember brian kilcline cov captain being presented the cup by henry V111 like it was yesterday, tbh we aint got rivals as 25 miles away from rest . we stand alone and proud. utc.:scarf: 

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Cov hatred this season has become huge. The away particularly was as hate filled  as I have seen a Leicester game in yonks.

Defo overtaken Derby by a mile..

Derby now feel like a Burton or Peterborough.

But credit to Cov, forest take up 82% of my vitriol and Cov now up to 14%, Derby 3% and everyone else 1%

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Defo overtaken Derby by a mile..

Derby now feel like a Burton or Peterborough.

But credit to Cov, forest take up 82% of my vitriol and Cov now up to 14%, Derby 3% and everyone else 1%

Yeah miles ahead of Derby.

Guest leatherhead32
5 minutes ago, Weller Wing said:

I knew The Specials were from Cov but didn't know Blancmange were

harrow  i think but cov had some decent two tone bands selecter n specials and maybe more . ps i google blancmange :surrender: wouldn't bullfib fellow foxes.;)   

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I’d gladly see them plunge into the abyss, so I can’t blame them for feeling the same.

The dickheads will probably lose to Ipswich and Leeds and still make the play offs. 

I’m hoping they beat Ipswich and Leeds and still miss out on the playoffs.

worst game of my life would be losing to. the diagonals in the playoff final, one of the best would be beating them. Not wiling to risk it so ideal scenario is we get automatic and they miss out on play offs.

Only truly happy when there’s at least two divisions between us.

• Like 1

I don’t even say this in exaggeration: most Cov fans I know and even ones that I’ve met just once over the years tend to know everything about our club and recent performances/players etc. They are OBSESSED with us. 

48 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm 34 and they've been irrelevant for my entire lifetime. Says it all

Theyve literally had one relevant year in their history. Even during their ‘prime’ they achieved very little and rarely finished top half of the D1. 

There are 8 teams bigger and who have achieved more in the Midlands alone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Theyve literally had one relevant year in their history. Even during their ‘prime’ they achieved very little and rarely finished top half of the D1. 

There are 8 teams bigger and who have achieved more in the Midlands alone. 

I've never hated them. It's always been pure pity