Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Coventry’s Obsession With Us

Just popped into the Sky Blues forum and they have a whole thread dedicated to our predicament at the minute.. bless saying we’ve cheated etc

To you is this a genuine rivalry or they equivalent to Forest’s Opinion of us how we couldn’t care less about them?

Looking at the fixtures hopefully they’ll be doing us a few favours soon 🙏

Edited by Lineker's Left Foot

1 minute ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Just popped into the Sky Blues forum and they have a whole thread dedicated to our predicament at the minute.. bless saying we’ve cheated etc

To you is this a genuine rivalry or they equivalent to Forest’s Opinion of us how we couldn’t care less about them?

They arent wrong to be fair to them...

being from Hinckely myself i see them as a rival and i really have never liked them but it comes down to where you are from in Leicestershire. 

I have said it before but they could end up doing us some massive favours but knowing them they probably wont.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Raj said:

We would laugh at their demise too and I'm sure we did when they fell from grace and didnt even have a ground.

Let's not be too precious about our own shower of sh2t situation.

Completely agreed.
Plus we had a thread of here with Leicester fans calling for us to sue Man City and Everton for half a billion quid, they’ve stolen our future etc etc. This forum provides enough comic delusion (amen) without having to go to other teams’ to get your fill 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They arent wrong to be fair to them...

being from Hinckely myself i see them as a rival and i really have never liked them but it comes down to where you are from in Leicestershire. 

I have said it before but they could end up doing us some massive favours but knowing them they probably wont.

Same. Also from Hinckley and never really cared about Forest/Derby rivalry. All about Cov for me. 

Felt sorry for them in previous seasons but at current moment hope they bottle it completely. Fed up of Cov fans in my ear all day thinking they're billy big because they had a few good results. They'd kill for our successes in recent years. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

We have an entire thread on Everton and Forest's predicament?

51 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Life is mainly toil and trouble

Two things get you through

Laughing when it hits your neighbour

Whingeing when it's you. 

©Philip Larkin

Great winger that Phil was!!👍🏾😁

• Like 1

Fans can talk all they want but it’s the team that does the talking that matters on the pitch. I doubt Coventry players are thinking about doing us a favor. They are focused on making the play offs so they need to win their games. Just so happens that it’s in our interest too. 

Obsessed in the same way we'd laugh at them, Forest or Derby whenever they lose :dunno:.

Every fan of each club is like 'we don't care about them' but will happily spend time caring whenever one of them fails, gets relegated, loses etc. 

Will gladly see Coventry make the playoffs (and lose) because it may mean they've beaten one or two of our title rivals on the way... 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

We would laugh at their demise too and I'm sure we did when they fell from grace and didnt even have a ground.

Let's not be too precious about our own shower of sh2t situation.

Id rather be us than them. Even our "demise" isn't as bad as their best moments in 30 years. Plus they have to wake up knowing they're from Coventry.

• Like 1

Coventry is a shithole. That’s why it got the City of Culture award. It’s an effort to stimulate investment to make where they live a little less shitty. And a lot of them are closely related to each other. Don’t be surprised by a six fingered handshake if you’re over that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Coventry is a shithole. That’s why it got the City of Culture award. It’s an effort to stimulate investment to make where they live a little less shitty. And a lot of them are closely related to each other. Don’t be surprised by a six fingered handshake if you’re over that way. 

That’s what they accuse people from Leicester of, incest and extra fingers.

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Classic example of it depends where abouts in Leicestershire you live as seen from some of the responses. 

Some of us are happy to admit there is a rivalry for those in Hinckley etc.

The difference with that and Forest with us is that they go so far out of their way to claim they don't care about us rather than, you know, simply just not caring about us.

Derby seem to be fixated on their own recent issues to be fair.

15 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

That’s what they accuse people from Leicester of, incest and extra fingers.

Bloody hell ! That means they must think we have at least seven on each hand 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Haha 1